Author Topic: Did y'all know DJ Pooh produced "Laffy Taffy"?  (Read 2317 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Did y'all know DJ Pooh produced "Laffy Taffy"?
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2006, 02:04:33 PM »
damn, this is a surprise haha. i NEVER thought dj pooh could even consider making a beat so shitty...what a shame  :-\

:stupid:

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2006, 02:42:26 PM »
its not just the beat, the whole song is garbage.

SGV

« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2006, 08:49:51 AM »

Man, I didn't just learn today that Compton was in South Central, I grew up knowing that, I thought EVERYONE already knew that, I just searched it really quick on wikipedia (which is the internets encyclopedia, despite having misinformation every now and then) to show you so that you'd stop the madness...Unfortunately, you continued arguing even when it was obvious you were wrong...There is no opinions on geographical locations...You can't call 411 and say "in your opinion, what city is ____ in?"...Please, just say you were wrong, because this last hour you've been making me look at you like another E-Crazy...PeACe

WTF? I've never heard of Compton being South Central. It's South of pretty much all areas considered South Central. It's more South Bay than South Central. Anything South of the 105: Compton, Hawthorne, Lynwood etc. aren't apart of South Central. Anything West of the 110: Huntington Park, South Gate (around here East L.A. begins) is not apart. I usually think of South Central as East of the 405, South of the 10, West of the 110 and North of the 105. But then there's certain areas South of the 10 which are considered the Westside: Culver City.

Areas considered South Central usually are the Inglewood area and neighboring areas. U.S.C. is located on the border of South Central and Downtown. Depends on who you talk to. Compton is closer to Hawiian Gardens, Gardena, Carson etc. That's more South Bay.

LMAO @ Arguing against Wikipedia and then using it for your arguement.

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2006, 09:07:11 AM »
The fact that this many people really believed that someone of Pooh's caliber could have produced Laffy Taffy is astounding. And sad.

On another note , technicalities aside, Ive never heard of anyone considering Compton a part of South Central. They're two distinct areas in my mind, and I'd think in most other people's minds too. Using Cube's "How to Survive in South Central" doesn't really hold as a valid point cuz Cube's never claimed Compton, he's always repped SC. Everybody in NWA was from Compton but him.

SGV

« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2006, 09:20:45 AM »
Yea if Compton was the same thing as South Central, B-Real wouldn't have said this: I can't figure out where you from, is it South Central? The Westside? Or Compton?

Three different areas in L.A.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2006, 09:27:38 AM »
The fact that this many people really believed that someone of Pooh's caliber could have produced Laffy Taffy is astounding. And sad.

On another note , technicalities aside, Ive never heard of anyone considering Compton a part of South Central. They're two distinct areas in my mind, and I'd think in most other people's minds too. Using Cube's "How to Survive in South Central" doesn't really hold as a valid point cuz Cube's never claimed Compton, he's always repped SC. Everybody in NWA was from Compton but him.

What's more astounding than people thinking "Laffy Taffy" wasn produced by DJ Pooh is people claiming Ice Cube never claimed Compton. :grumpy:

Don Seer

« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2006, 09:29:37 AM »
he did. BUT only on "straight outta compton "..

as soon as he was free of Eazy he was always repping SC and not compton

yup..  shit man.. even I know this simple geography shit 6 million miles away...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2006, 09:31:04 AM »
he never did!!!!

yup..  shit man.. even I know this simple geography shit 6 million miles away...

"STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON, CRAZY MUTHAFUCKA NAMED ICE CUBE..."

LMAO, some people are HILARIOUS.

Don Seer

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2006, 09:33:29 AM »
i'd already editted it damn you're refreshing this post like a muthafucka..  lol

cube on fuck the police too..

"Ice Cube will swarm
On any muthafucka in a blue uniform
Just cuz I'm from the CPT, punk police are afraid of me
"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2006, 09:34:01 AM »
What's your point? You just changed what you said...He claimed Compton in the past. Compton has technically been considered part of South Los Angeles (renamed from South Central Los Angeles)...The end.

SGV

« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2006, 09:51:59 AM »
Seriously, who said it was South Central outside of the media, who grouped any and all of the Black areas in Los Angeles as "South Central." Cube was/is from the Crenshaw district. Anyone who went to the Goodlife Cafe back in the day will know that. Anyone in the Leimert Park area will tell you that. Crenshaw is more South Central than anything. He claimed Compton because that was the groups M.O. I don't even think Compton is considrered apart of Los Angeles City as a matter of fact. It's in the County, but not the City.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2006, 09:56:12 AM »
Seriously, who said it was South Central outside of the media, who grouped any and all of the Black areas in Los Angeles as "South Central." Cube was/is from the Crenshaw district. Anyone who went to the Goodlife Cafe back in the day will know that. Anyone in the Leimert Park area will tell you that. Crenshaw is more South Central than anything. He claimed Compton because that was the groups M.O. I don't even think Compton is considrered apart of Los Angeles City as a matter of fact. It's in the County, but not the City.

Who cares where Ice Cube is from, we're talking about what he's claimed. As of now, he lives in fuckin' Tarzana...You can claim Compton as part of South Los Angeles and it would be 100% legit. It's a geographical location, doesn't really matter if the residents and gangs have given it a distinction and claimed it separate...PeACe

SGV

« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2006, 10:02:32 AM »
Again, Compton isn't even apart of Los Angeles city, how could it be South Los Angeles guy? Explain that to me. It might be in the Southern area of Los Angeles COUNTY but no Los Angeles CITY like Inglewood is.

Who cares where Cube is from? You should. You brought him up as your example stupid. He made that track "How To Survive In South Central" cuz that's where he was really from. He claimed Compton as it was what N.W.A. did. They repped Compton. And since he was writing the songs, he was writing what they wanted to say, "They were from Compton." He claimed the Westside cuz it's what Westside Connection repped. It just made sense to rep it along with his group. You CANNOT claim Compton as apart of South L.A. BECAUSE of it's Geographical location idiot. Fuck what residents or gangs think, LOOK AT A FUCKING MAP.

You call everyone retarded, but you can't grasp the fact that COMPTON ISN'T APART OF LOS ANGELES CITY, THEREFORE IT CANNOT BE SOUTH L.A.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2006, 10:31:59 AM »
why, 5 years later, are people still arguing with nik?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2006, 10:37:50 AM »
Again, Compton isn't even apart of Los Angeles city, how could it be South Los Angeles guy? Explain that to me. It might be in the Southern area of Los Angeles COUNTY but no Los Angeles CITY like Inglewood is.

Who cares where Cube is from? You should. You brought him up as your example stupid. He made that track "How To Survive In South Central" cuz that's where he was really from. He claimed Compton as it was what N.W.A. did. They repped Compton. And since he was writing the songs, he was writing what they wanted to say, "They were from Compton." He claimed the Westside cuz it's what Westside Connection repped. It just made sense to rep it along with his group. You CANNOT claim Compton as apart of South L.A. BECAUSE of it's Geographical location idiot. Fuck what residents or gangs think, LOOK AT A FUCKING MAP.

You call everyone retarded, but you can't grasp the fact that COMPTON ISN'T APART OF LOS ANGELES CITY, THEREFORE IT CANNOT BE SOUTH L.A.

LMAO. You're making NO SENSE. "It's not part of Los Angeles City, it's part of Los Angeles County". You can say the same thing about North Hollywood, it's still considered part of LA, no matter what you say. Just like Compton is still considered part of South Los Angeles, you can't argue that, cuz it's a FACT...