Poll

SDDS or ATG??

Against the Grain
3 (25%)
Same Day Different Shit
9 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: SDDS vs ATG  (Read 367 times)

d-nice

Re: SDDS vs ATG
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 07:18:12 PM »
ATG>>>>SDDS

SDDS was almost garbage  :P

ATG & SDDS>The Originals: Kurupt solo or group or whatever the fuck that album was, it was horrible.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 07:24:57 PM »
ATG>>>>SDDS

SDDS was almost garbage  :P

ATG & SDDS>The Originals: Kurupt solo or group or whatever the fuck that album was, it was horrible.
yeah there was a whole lot of fillers. it was Kurupt, Cj Ginavece, and Keita Rocc. There were a few bangers on that cd tho.
"We Bang"
"Orignals"
"Final testament"
"Californya"
"Eat a dicc"- not a banger but a sick beat with a few little tight punchlines..."Stop rapping and listen to all eyez on me, so you can practice who you used to be."
"I DIDNT CHANGE" GREAT TRACK! best on cd by far. Kurupt poured out his heart and sole on this one. IMO best Kurupt song in years.

The Best of 3 Worlds

d-nice

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 07:34:58 PM »
Yeah you could tell on that album he kinda let his emotions get the best of him. I Didn't Change was a dope track and he really broke it down his true intentions. Eat A Dicc was all over the place. Kurupt was one to talk about Daz with that AEOM line. Which reminds me, he killed that Got My Mind Made Up song.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 07:43:06 PM »
Yeah you could tell on that album he kinda let his emotions get the best of him. I Didn't Change was a dope track and he really broke it down his true intentions. Eat A Dicc was all over the place. Kurupt was one to talk about Daz with that AEOM line. Which reminds me, he killed that Got My Mind Made Up song.

Yeah he killed it in "I GOT MY MIND MADE UP"
I dont care if Kurupt was one to talk shit, but that line about AEOM was tight, period.
I didnt change was a cry to the homies, but they just left him hanging....Soopafly even said that song was pathetic and Kurupt sounded like a lil bitch...how? he was trying to give it up to his homies, poured out his heart! such a perfect beat for the topic too. Im Bumping this shit right now...gives me the chills...And his flow was good and his lyrics were great.
"Would we be as close as we was in 93? i happen to think a little differently, i think we would have been closer, remember when was back to back holding toasters." "niggaz talkin bout they aint fuckin with us, i never changed nigga."
WOW!

The Best of 3 Worlds

d-nice

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2006, 07:52:14 PM »
Yeah the line was coo but that would be like Bobby Brown calling DMX a crackhead  ;D Yeah that track was tight. Kurupt took the high road as long as he could and that song to me was a call for dialogue with the DPGC. But Snoop, Daz and Soopa was not having it.

Pgb

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2006, 07:56:46 PM »
I like both album, not his best off course. I'd go with SDDS. Too much pop song for me on ATG and production is kinda weak. Kurupt came harder with SDDS; Scrape Thru Tha Hood, I get High 2, As Time Fly By, Gangstaz 2, Yes I'm Quiccer, Ain't That Somethin' and only one pop song. Not as bad as people says.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2006, 08:08:09 PM »
Yeah the line was coo but that would be like Bobby Brown calling DMX a crackhead  ;D Yeah that track was tight. Kurupt took the high road as long as he could and that song to me was a call for dialogue with the DPGC. But Snoop, Daz and Soopa was not having it.

its sad that suge had them so shook that they decided to not even fuck with Kurupt just cuz he was doing 'buisness" with suge

The Best of 3 Worlds

d-nice

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2006, 08:16:24 PM »
^^^Yeah especially looking back now with the whole Snoop interview. He is talking about helping the west and getting all these deals for people and back then he would not help Kurupt with a deal. Is all in the past now, but Kurupt did back then what he thought he needed to do to make a living.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2006, 08:17:39 PM »
^^^Yeah especially looking back now with the whole Snoop interview. He is talking about helping the west and getting all these deals for people and back then he would not help Kurupt with a deal. Is all in the past now, but Kurupt did back then what he thought he needed to do to make a living.

exactly! Snoop turned his bacc on Kurupt so everyone else did too. its patehetic....How can Kurupt get over something like that, he was struggling and they were basically like Fuck you

The Best of 3 Worlds

d-nice

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2006, 08:25:13 PM »

exactly! Snoop turned his bacc on Kurupt so everyone else did too. its patehetic....How can Kurupt get over something like that, he was struggling and they were basically like Fuck you

Because Kurupt is a loyal homeboy. Ever since I started listening to him he always reps his crew and his friends. He's better than me, I don't know if I could do that but blood is thicker than water. I don't want to start sounding like Snoop with that whole Crooked I interview and start bashing Snoop but I lost alot of respect for them back then for that. I remember that shit had people divided like a mutha. People riding with Daz, people riding with Kurupt.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2006, 08:27:00 PM »

Because Kurupt is a loyal homeboy. Ever since I started listening to him he always reps his crew and his friends. He's better than me, I don't know if I could do that but blood is thicker than water. I don't want to start sounding like Snoop with that whole Crooked I interview and start bashing Snoop but I lost alot of respect for them back then for that. I remember that shit had people divided like a mutha. People riding with Daz, people riding with Kurupt.

yup sure did, i always took Kurupts side becuz i thought he wasnt in the fault. But for the record i think Soopafly's "Talkin bout you" was the best diss song thrown either way...

The Best of 3 Worlds

d-nice

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2006, 08:30:44 PM »
Shit, Kurupt was cool just being on a track as a hype man for the crew (Next Episode, Set It Off)

d-nice

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2006, 08:38:19 PM »

yup sure did, i always took Kurupts side becuz i thought he wasnt in the fault. But for the record i think Soopafly's "Talkin bout you" was the best diss song thrown either way...

That is why I always respected Daz for doing the whole indie thing even when he was on the outs with Snoop. He created his own brand. That was why I could not get hyped for the CIA album because it was what SNOOP wanted. Right when I saw the producers I knew it was going to be different but I don't think anyone expected that though. SDDS is more of a Kurupt album and ATG was alright but the different producers really did not mesh well with him. Maybe other than Fred Wreck, you can't beat a hungry Kurupt over a bangin Daz beat.

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2006, 08:40:33 AM »
Even though both albums are pure garbage...I'd rather buy against the grain then to buy that piece of shit called SDDS...ATG was cool for the first half and then it went downhill from there....SDDS is terrible from the jump and kinda picc's up....I think with a combination of a couple of songs from both albums, he could have made 1 pretty decent album.

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums