Author Topic: i have a feeling obie trice album aint gonna drop...  (Read 433 times)

Sikotic™

Re: i have a feeling obie trice album aint gonna drop...
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 01:20:04 PM »
If they even think of pushing it back, they might as well not put it out at all. Shady/Aftermath is definitely on a downward spiral, but hey, no complaints because so has the album quality.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 09:25:05 PM »
I thought this CD was the best Shady Records release since "Get Rich Or Die Tryin" (not the soundtrack, 50's album) or maybe "Encore," but its probably on par with "Encore."  I might even pick it up if it drops.  Why was it such a disappointment?  It was on par or better than Cheers IMO.  But yeah, they should have dropped it when they dropped the "Snitch" video, I don't know why Aftermath is fucking up recently.

damn, you dont actually think encore was a good record do you? i guess when the quality of rap took a nose dive, so did the fans standards.
No, I didn't really think Encore was good, it did have a few good songs on it though, and it is better than a lot of other bullshit that comes out.  Easily Eminem's worst though.  This Obie Trice CD was pretty good IMO though.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 09:26:36 PM »
On another note, Interscope is really taking it in the ass.  Busta flopped, this CD won't sell, Pharrell flopped, Lloyd Banks is gonna disappoint too.  They're taking it hard.

Sikotic™

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2006, 01:21:38 AM »
They're gonna push most of those albums back, and put out another 50 album. It would be the only logical, smart thing to do. And if 50 doesn't go 4x plat., then Interscope is gonna be in some deep shit.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Elevz

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2006, 04:26:23 AM »
That once again certifies his status as Curtis Interscope Jackson though; they really do depend on him :o

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2006, 08:51:31 AM »
Well nobody really selling records this year.

Obie's new shit - I like it. So sue me. Gonna get it at the record store next week.

And Interscope - true, they're fuckin up. They either need Detox, Eminem or 50. But somehow, to me, 50 right now doesn't seem to be the hottest article out. Seems like people are bored with G-Unit. Which they really should be. It's the same shit over and over.

If Eminem came out with a record - bam. Multiplatinum, almost automatically. If Eminem came out with a record that's actually good - like, Marshall Mathers LP good - they'd be reachin for that 10 mill. But he needs to get his shit together first, that'll take some time.

bustachill9

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2006, 10:35:38 AM »
Encore was putrid? spicemafuckin1 u like the diplomats, encore is better than any diplomat record ever, pa killa kila pa killa killa camm, lets see how many times they can repeat themself and rhyme the most simplistic words and scheme ever....encore takes a shit and wipes it on anyhting dipset spits, i mean come on they had to change there name from diplomats to dipset, bc how gangsta does diplomat sound haha

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2006, 05:59:21 PM »
I can't believe people are actually defending Encore. That's why so much fucked up music gets produced now. An artist you got a hard on for releases some sub-par shit, force feeds it down your throat, and you accept it.

Encore is not only the worst Eminem album, but it is one of the worst hip-hop albums I've ever heard. Stop clowning yourself

THA SAUCE HOUSE