Author Topic: Dieting...does it get easier?  (Read 512 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Dieting...does it get easier?
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2006, 12:40:20 PM »
I was tippin at 205 when I graduated college which was by far and away the heaviest I had ever been.  But it's easy to do when you're basically eating fast food every meal, drinking 3-4 nights a week and smoking pot everyday.  Within 6 months I got back down to my goal weight of 175.  And now almost three years later I'm at 172.  So I managed to lose all the weight and keep it off.  But you can't just do gimmicky diets for a while and expect it to work for a long time- you really have to change your lifestyle.

I started out similar to you.  I'd have my normal breakfast which was usually like a breakfast burrito.  Then for lunch and dinner i'd throwback a slimfast.  I also figured out that of course i was hungry like a motherfucker from that, so I started drinking TONS of water which would fill me up.  I completely gave up pop which was unbelievable cuz I HAD to have a few everyday.  Also, I was running 3 miles a day.  I stayed on that regiment for probably 8-12 weeks and that resulted in a lot of weight loss.  Probably not the healthiest way to do it though.

To this day, I haven't had any pop unless it was with some liquor.  And I try to only eat out on the weekends.  Another huge thing is learn to restrict your portions.  Practice leaving food on your plate.  I basically eat every 2.5 hours, but my portions are small.  But it keeps your metabolism going.  No junk food snacking either, limit yourself to a good treat maybe once on the weekend.  And I don't run anymore (i should) but I do lift weights just twice a week which i've been doing religiously for over a year now.  My whole physique has completely changed.

In short, stick with it.  My monday's sucked the worst because I'd allow myself to eat pretty much whatever I wanted on the weekend, but then back to my diet during the week.  I'd be struggling on monday, but after I got through that day, the rest of the week was much easier.  I'd also recommend tracking your progress.  I was weighing myself as soon as I got up and also in the evening.  When I would look back and see that I had dropped 4 pounds a week or 16 for the month it makes you feel great and you want to keep going.

ABN

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2006, 12:40:43 PM »
its all about the atkins, however ive never diet'd because im not a girl

but if i was, thats the one id got for
Atkins is not really that great if you wanna build any substancial amount of muscle mass. allthough you eat a lot of protein you´ll hardly get any carbs and try working out 5 times a week without any energy. but if you just wanna lose weight then Atkins is aiight but you again you gotta change your lifestyle when you´re on it coz it´s not healthy to be on any sort of diet for a long time.

ABN

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2006, 12:43:39 PM »
To this day, I haven't had any pop unless it was with some liquor.  And I try to only eat out on the weekends.  Another huge thing is learn to restrict your portions.  Practice leaving food on your plate.  I basically eat every 2.5 hours, but my portions are small.  But it keeps your metabolism going.  No junk food snacking either, limit yourself to a good treat maybe once on the weekend.  And I don't run anymore (i should) but I do lift weights just twice a week which i've been doing religiously for over a year now.  My whole physique has completely changed.

that´s what you should do, but you shouldn´t really drink a lot of water if you´re worried about your figure coz your belly gets swollen as hell if you drink too much water. it´ll also get swollen as fuck if you eat large portions on few occassions. that´s another reason why it´s better to eat smaller portions spread out at every 3 hours.

suckaa free

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2006, 12:45:17 PM »
dont eat breakfeast, it somethin light for lunch, have dinner before 6pm.  most people eat late and than go straight to sleep.  eating and going to sleep is the worst thing, you need yo food to digest.

also when you excercise, have a pic of a fine as bitch that you would like to fuck.  that, and music should give you enough incentive to accompish your weight loss.

Good Luck.   :pimp:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 12:47:29 PM by Suckaa Free »

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Suge Knight workson the streets as my HO
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2006, 12:45:38 PM »
it took me 9 months to get 62 pounds off..........
don't quote mre boy I ain't said shit "yet"

ABN

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2006, 12:46:56 PM »
dont eat breakfeast 
hell naw, have an extremely steady breakfast.

suckaa free

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2006, 12:48:46 PM »
^yea, depends on the person i guess.

everytime i have breakfeast, it seems i get hungrier through the day.  do what suits you i guess.

Don Breezio

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2006, 12:49:42 PM »
thanks for all the tips guys...it'll be a hard few months...but i'm motivated to do it!

ABN

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2006, 12:51:34 PM »

everytime i have breakfeast, it seems i get hungrier through the day.  do what suits you i guess.
i don´t know why people have gotten it in their head that you shouldn´t eat a lot if you´re trying to lose weight. you can eat like a fucking horse and still lose a shitload of weight, you just gotta eat right and work out consistantly.

suckaa free

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2006, 12:53:41 PM »

i don´t know why people have gotten it in their head that you shouldn´t eat a lot if you´re trying to lose weight. you can eat like a fucking horse and still lose a shitload of weight, you just gotta eat right and work out consistantly.

;D

Elevz

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 12:57:42 PM »
I'm the type that would get fat pretty easily if I didn't watch the way I live. That's why I'm careful about it!

Dieting alone won't work, that's just reality. Yet there's no need to starve at all. Instead, start eating nutricious food (lots of greens, fruit, drink water instead of coke) and get some regular exercise. Go to the gym like three times a week and make sure you get your ass moving in there! But keep in mind, on those days when you're working out, you'll need more than just greens, fruit and bread to keep going. But keep it healthy!

Remember, if it's about losing weight, you're better off without all the heavy weight lifting. Them muscles will only make you heavier. Then again, if by losing weight you're just talking about losing some fat, then sure, go ahead and start lifting weights. Besides, people at the gym will be able to help you on how to get yourself in shape, any way you want. And keep in mind; sporting is challenging and a lot more fun than sitting at home on the couch, feeling hungry because of the slimfast you just ate.

There's no need to be starving! Good luck man.

Sikotic™

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2006, 01:17:29 PM »
It gets easier after a week or two, trust me. I recently went from 178 to 160 (gained about 7 of it back because of vacation) and let me tell you, the first week and some of the second week were so damn hard.

After that time period, you really start enjoying the food you eat. Not only that, but you enjoy the way you feel and how much healthier you know you are. This is what worked well for me:

- Eat 6 times a day (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack) at 2-3 hour intervals. If you do not eat every 2 to 3 hours, you get the hunger pains and they don't stop for the rest of the day. Don't get to that point and you're fine

- Slowly ease out your carbs. I would eat a potato a day with my meals, and eventually I was so satisfied with meat and vegetables that I didn't want it.

- You gotta switch up what you eat too. You can't eat the same shit everyday or you won't stick to it.

- Exercise to speed things up. Do enough cardio to lose 2-3 pounds a week (30 minutes for 2-3 days a week). Do some weight lifting so you don't lose your muscle mass AND because muscle mass = higher metabolism. Like everyone said though, no heavy lifting, lift less but with more sets.

- Drink water, but like Jrome said, don't overdo it. When I was dieting, I cut out the coke, the juice, everything and stuck to water. Just remember that soda and shit are extra calories.

- Once a week, eat whatever you want. It's the only way you can stay sane throughout the diet.

That's all I can think of. If you're doing it right, you'll lose 2-3 pounds a week, which is good for 2 reasons: the slower you take the weight off, the more likely you're gonna keep it off AND 2-3 pounds a week means youre burning actual fat and not losing muscle. Watch your calories and in a few months you'll be amazed on how much you've changed. I fucked up after my vacation and started eating shit, but this week I'm gonna go back on it. It's just the first week kills me and the fact that I got homies that eat everything bad and don't gain a pound lol.

Good luck.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

acgrundy

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2006, 10:56:28 AM »
go to pirson
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 11:52:25 AM by LooN3y »

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

acgrundy

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2006, 10:57:23 AM »
yo sikotik, did your weight fluctuate a lot in the first 2 weeks?