Poll

Is Tray Deee a great lyricist?

Yes
22 (73.3%)
No
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Tray Deee: Lyrical Beast?  (Read 764 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: Tray Deee: Lyrical Beast?
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2006, 02:16:37 PM »
any real hip hop head knows that some bullshit...

This hip-hop head says you're wrong... :D

check the lyrics homie....how much cass you heard?

I've heard my share of Cassidy...Either way, Tray Deee >>> Cassidy.

i like em both.....like i said drop the beat and let em both spit cass>>>>>tray dee

The Best of 3 Worlds

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Death is certain, life is not
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2006, 02:26:40 PM »

Clowns Like Cassidy! LOL! have you heard cassidy on anything other then Hotel? I agree Tray Dee is a great artist and he never comes wack, but eat Cassidy in a second? Cmon man! LOL! any real hip hop head knows that some bullshit...ill throw you some cassidy verses, if you doubt dude....

I dont doubt, Iīm sure Tray Deee is better in any point, and yes, I have heard more songs other then Hotel, 2 or 3 and they crap too, so I donīt wanna hear anymore from him, maybe he has really good songs, but if you have to pick a few out of a lot, itīs cause he aint really good.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2006, 02:29:06 PM »

Clowns Like Cassidy! LOL! have you heard cassidy on anything other then Hotel? I agree Tray Dee is a great artist and he never comes wack, but eat Cassidy in a second? Cmon man! LOL! any real hip hop head knows that some bullshit...ill throw you some cassidy verses, if you doubt dude....

I dont doubt, Iīm sure Tray Deee is better in any point, and yes, I have heard more songs other then Hotel, 2 or 3 and they crap too, so I donīt wanna hear anymore from him, maybe he has really good songs, but if you have to pick a few out of a lot, itīs cause he aint really good.

LOL! okay....listen to his whole Im a HUSTLA cd, its hot! get off the west coast bias dude....Tray Dee is sick as fuck, but i gotta stop people who call Cassidy a clown...and my point exactly you have only heard 2 or 3 songs, which makes what you say invalid....if you wanna hear some hot cassidy shit and judge for yourself ill hook you up homie...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2006, 02:29:32 PM »
any real hip hop head knows that some bullshit...

This hip-hop head says you're wrong... :D

check the lyrics homie....how much cass you heard?

I've heard my share of Cassidy...Either way, Tray Deee >>> Cassidy.

i like em both.....like i said drop the beat and let em both spit cass>>>>>tray dee

LMAO...That's retarded... and wtf? Drop the beat? What the hell are you talking about? How you flow ON A BEAT is part of being a lyricist...Tray Deee would demolish Cassidy...PeACe

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2006, 03:14:51 PM »

LOL! okay....listen to his whole Im a HUSTLA cd, its hot! get off the west coast bias dude....Tray Dee is sick as fuck, but i gotta stop people who call Cassidy a clown...and my point exactly you have only heard 2 or 3 songs, which makes what you say invalid....if you wanna hear some hot cassidy shit and judge for yourself ill hook you up homie...

Ok, i just did and i gotta say heīs not like i thought he was, it seems like he realized he was fuckin up with the hotel shit, and some songs like "the problem vs the hustla" or "get em" are dope as hell, but then you got the c-bonics song with that south-like beat man, and i dont really like south shit. Anyways, i still choose Tray Deee before Cassidy lol

Quadruple OG

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2006, 03:57:32 PM »

get off the west coast bias dude....

It is the west coast part of the message board, but at the same time, he's right about the bias in this section.  Too many people in this section (even those claiming to be a true hip-hop head) are too much of in awe of anything DPG related to see reality.  The bias towards anything DPG related is extreme in this case because any true hip-hop head would tell you that Tray Deee, while a good rapper with charisma and flow, would be destroyed by real MC's.  Crooked I would embarrass him.  Ras Kass would embarass him.  Buddens would embarass him (his flow may be boring and lacking charisma, HOWEVER dude has the versatility to do anything and excellent wordplay compared to Tray Deee).  Cassidy would embarass him.  Lady of Rage would embarass him.  Jadakiss would destroy him?  Would you like me to continue? 

Anyone that REALLY knows hip-hop would know that as a lyricist, Tray Deee is nothing special.  All these verses people have posted prove my pont.  Most of his verses are repetative and one dimensional. 

Shit, if I had the time, I could come up with a generic Tray Deee verse and y'all would think it's the best thing to happen since the ipod.   

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2006, 04:07:34 PM »

get off the west coast bias dude....

It is the west coast part of the message board, but at the same time, he's right about the bias in this section.  Too many people in this section (even those claiming to be a true hip-hop head) are too much of in awe of anything DPG related to see reality.  The bias towards anything DPG related is extreme in this case because any true hip-hop head would tell you that Tray Deee, while a good rapper with charisma and flow, would be destroyed by real MC's.  Crooked I would embarrass him.  Ras Kass would embarass him. 

That's where it stops...And I don't even know if you can use the word embarrass, cuz Tray Deee would still come with something hard, not on-par with Crooked I or Ras Kass lyrically, but good enough to not be considered an embarrassment...

Shit, if I had the time, I could come up with a generic Tray Deee verse and y'all would think it's the best thing to happen since the ipod.   

Already did that for you VVV

I'm the rawest comin' flawless from the city of gangstaz
Steady crippin never slippin when im fixin to shank ya
Erasin muthafuckaz is a sign of the times
Never fakin' steady bangin nine times outta nine
Who's the quickets to dump is regarded the baddest
Assassins mash and blast with passion but hardly get saddened

:D

Sikotic™

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2006, 04:10:05 PM »
Tray Dee is an all around beast, but none of his characteristics stand out realy. He's all around great at everything: great flow, great delivery, great hard hittin lyrics, great criminal record, etc.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2006, 01:22:04 AM »
Tray Dee is an all around beast, but none of his characteristics stand out realy. He's all around great at everything: great flow, great delivery, great hard hittin lyrics, great criminal record, etc.

i can agree with that. Tray Dee always come nice and he gangsta, but there are better lyricists then him. he is one of my favorite rappers though, cuzz never comes wacc, and he has such a sicc voice, he keeps you hooked.

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2006, 02:04:36 AM »

i can agree with that. Tray Dee always come nice and he gangsta, but there are better lyricists then him. he is one of my favorite rappers though, cuzz never comes wacc, and he has such a sicc voice, he keeps you hooked.

yeah thatīs true, Tray Deee is not the greatest lyricist, thereīs always better ones, but his style and flow is only seen in a few, cause itīs like dre says if you wanna be an artist you gotta have talent and style, not only one of em, and that what Tray Deee is, heīs not a 100% perfect lyricist but he got more flow and charisma then most "lyricist beasts", and for me itīs better like this.