Author Topic: Stillmatic gets 5 mics!!!!!  (Read 1466 times)

SugeFight

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Stillmatic gets 5 mics!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2001, 11:32:28 AM »
hey congradz to NAS.....hope this undiserved 5 will motivate him to make real 5"z.....
...it might be kinda political....think for yoselves.....tha two dudes iz battlin" lyricly......source don wanna show they prefer one.....so they kinda had to give him a 5..... >>

EXCELLENT post.  That is exactly what happened.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

NEW_MINORITY

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2001, 12:08:09 PM »
Yall are lame.  You hate the Source and think its opinion is bullshit, but you guys bust a nut when they give Nas 5 mics...amazing.

lmao!!! you would bus a nut if cash money or ho limit go 5 mics..never have before or never will trust me thats why cash money has to make all their videos top 25 just to feel their never achievements

TheShiznit227

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "We Livin' this shit 'til the day that we die, Survival of the Fit only the strong survive..." Mobb Deep
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2001, 12:44:32 PM »
Congrats to Nasir..ILL ASS ALBUM...BTW I think 2001 is a 5 mic classic...
"One Nation under a Groove, gettin' down jus' for tha funk of it..."

"Rest In Peace to all lives Stolen on September 11th, 2001..." Trey Lawrence III

"Yo, they call me Nas, I'm not your legal type of fella/Moet drinkin, marijuana smokin street dwellah" Nas on "Represent"

SugeFight

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2001, 02:01:24 PM »

lmao!!! you would bus a nut if cash money or ho limit go 5 mics..never have before or never will trust me thats why cash money has to make all their videos top 25 just to feel their never achievements

No--if a No Limit or Cash Money album got 5 mics thatd be cool but I  wouldnt bust a nut.  The only thing in music that can make me bust a nut is Mya..mmmm

NEW_MINORITY

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2001, 02:18:24 PM »

No--if a No Limit or Cash Money album got 5 mics thatd be cool but I  wouldnt bust a nut.  The only thing in music that can make me bust a nut is Mya..mmmm

yup.....lil' kim and foxy (after putting a bag over their faces)

Trauma-san

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2001, 02:32:04 PM »
Let Me Throw It Like This.  

Somebody Else Mighta Already Said This, I Didn't Read All The Replies.  But What Is Becoming Painfully Obvious To Me Is That The Source Is Purposefully Feuling This Beef.  When The Blueprint Came Out, There Were Stories About How Jay Z Was Murderin' People On It, How He Was Dissing Nas And Prodigy.  Then, It Comes Out, They Give It 5 Mics.  Now That The Nas Beef Has Been Heating Up, They Give HIM 5 Mics, To Kinda Feul Jay Z On To Thinking The Battle Isn't Over.  It's All Sensationalism.  Didn't They Have A Hand In The East/West Beef Back in The Day?

My Big Problem Is In The First Place, Their System Is Way Off Base.  Lets Get Back To Judging Music Rationally.  I'm Not Even Gonna Talk About Them Being Biased Towards The East, I'm Talking About Their Bar Being Too Low... Blueprint NO WAY Was A 5 Mic Album.  The Takeover, The Main Diss Song On THe Album, Wasn't Done Very Good, The Beat (From The Doors Roadhouse Blues) Doesn't Work Good For A Diss Song, and Since That's the Main Attraction Of THe Cd, I'd Give It 4 Mics.  Honest.  

Look At The Beef Songs From The Past.  Hit 'Em Up.  Who Shot Ya.  New York New York, Dre Day... No Vaseline, Appetite For Destruction, Etc.  Now THATS A Diss Song.  The Takeover Is Pale In Comparison...

The Rest Of The Songs On The Album Are Alright, But None Of Them Come Close To Songs On A Classic Album.  These Best Songs Oughta Be The Filler On A Classic Album, Not The Main Attraction.  The Takeover Isn't Good Enough To be On A Classic Album, And That's One Of His Best Songs? PLEASE.

When's The Source Gonna Wake Up, And Start Rewarding People Like Dr. Dre, The Roots, Common, De La Soul, The Beastie Boys, And DJ Quik Who Consistently Drop Good Albums? I'm Not Saying Their Better Than Nas Or Jay Z, But Their Albums Are Every Bit As Good As Theirs, And They Get No Respect.  That's B.S.  Their Whole Scale Is Off.  

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2001, 02:44:37 PM »

Somebody Else Mighta Already Said This, I Didn't Read All The Replies.  But What Is Becoming Painfully Obvious To Me Is That The Source Is Purposefully Feuling This Beef.  When The Blueprint Came Out, There Were Stories About How Jay Z Was Murderin' People On It, How He Was Dissing Nas And Prodigy.  Then, It Comes Out, They Give It 5 Mics.  Now That The Nas Beef Has Been Heating Up, They Give HIM 5 Mics, To Kinda Feul Jay Z On To Thinking The Battle Isn't Over.  It's All Sensationalism.  Didn't They Have A Hand In The East/West Beef Back in The Day?

My Big Problem Is In The First Place, Their System Is Way Off Base.  Lets Get Back To Judging Music Rationally.  I'm Not Even Gonna Talk About Them Being Biased Towards The East, I'm Talking About Their Bar Being Too Low... Blueprint NO WAY Was A 5 Mic Album.  The Takeover, The Main Diss Song On THe Album, Wasn't Done Very Good, The Beat (From The Doors Roadhouse Blues) Doesn't Work Good For A Diss Song, and Since That's the Main Attraction Of THe Cd, I'd Give It 4 Mics.  Honest.  

Look At The Beef Songs From The Past.  Hit 'Em Up.  Who Shot Ya.  New York New York, Dre Day... No Vaseline, Appetite For Destruction, Etc.  Now THATS A Diss Song.  The Takeover Is Pale In Comparison...

The Rest Of The Songs On The Album Are Alright, But None Of Them Come Close To Songs On A Classic Album.  These Best Songs Oughta Be The Filler On A Classic Album, Not The Main Attraction.  The Takeover Isn't Good Enough To be On A Classic Album, And That's One Of His Best Songs? PLEASE.

When's The Source Gonna Wake Up, And Start Rewarding People Like Dr. Dre, The Roots, Common, De La Soul, The Beastie Boys, And DJ Quik Who Consistently Drop Good Albums? I'm Not Saying Their Better Than Nas Or Jay Z, But Their Albums Are Every Bit As Good As Theirs, And They Get No Respect.  That's B.S.  Their Whole Scale Is Off.  

damn couldnt have said it better trauma, well put you covered every point and the real problem of the source.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

SugeFight

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2001, 03:48:06 PM »

There are so many ironic things to consider with these 5 mic ratings.  Think about it--The Source hadnt given out a 5 mic rating in YEARS..then they give out 2 in a 3 month span?  Also-The past couple of "verses of the month" have been Nas' Jigga diss..and Jigga's Nas diss.  The Source is lovin the beef and is exploiting it..and at the same time is causing the magazine to lose respect with real hip hop fans by giving a lackluster overrated album like "Stillmatic" 5 mics.  I thought they did the right thing by giving the Blueprint 5 mics, but now I see they had other plans.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2001, 04:46:14 PM »
I Agree, They've Lost All Credibility.  They've Got Their Own Agendas, And It Ain't Just The Made Men, They're Obviously Biased Towards Certain Rappers, They Think It's Cool Nas And Jay Z Are Beefing, Plus, What Type Of Mag Gives A Rating, Then Goes Back In A Few Years And Says They Should Have Given It A Higher Rating? They Should Have Cemented Their Criteria For a 5 Mic Classic Album From The Beginning.  

SugeFight

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2001, 03:43:21 AM »
I Agree, They've Lost All Credibility.  They've Got Their Own Agendas, And It Ain't Just The Made Men, They're Obviously Biased Towards Certain Rappers, They Think It's Cool Nas And Jay Z Are Beefing, Plus, What Type Of Mag Gives A Rating, Then Goes Back In A Few Years And Says They Should Have Given It A Higher Rating? They Should Have Cemented Their Criteria For a 5 Mic Classic Album From The Beginning.  

I agree with everything but in all fairness, they didnt review the Benzino album.  Also-I think its logical that when they rate a CD its good..but as time goes on they go on to fully appreciate it.  Also-Perhaps when the Chronic was graded they had different writers than they do now..different people=different opinions.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2001, 04:51:03 AM »

yea i did read your post an you bashed nas by sayin he didnt deserve 5 mics an he was givin 5  mics b/c of politics,  an how am i a Nas dick rider,  i dont even own all his CD's i only have illmatic,  it was written,  an stillmatic

SHIT....iz expressing my opinion towardz an album iz "bashing"???....cmmon....
and besidez.....if you wanted to see real bashing you should of seen peepz talkin bout jigga and hiz "blueprint" album after it got 5 micz.... THAT,my friend,waz real bashing....and a completly undiserved bashing....
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2001, 04:56:18 AM »
Yall are lame.  You hate the Source and think its opinion is bullshit, but you guys bust a nut when they give Nas 5 mics...amazing.

EXACTLY....
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Wreckurupt213

• Lil Geezy
  • The Homicide Rapper,There'll Never Be Anotha After
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2001, 01:16:39 PM »

i have the cd. its good. regardless of what anyone says, its nothing amazing. it blows my fucking mind that they give this cd 5 mics and gave 2001 4.5.

they suck so much east coast dick.

but if it gets 5 2001 should get about 12. FUCK THE SOURCE

Damn first of all, I gotta say you take these "Mics" damn too seriously.  I never have cared what the source gives a certain album, it doesn't matter to me... as long as I like the cd.

Next, only cus they give Nas 5 and Pac 4.5, is not suckin east coast dicc, it's just the writer's opinion of the album.

If Nas was from the WEST and Pac repp'd the east, you would most likely be content with those reviews.
East, West, Middle, South nigga we all the same/
We all speak the same shit but with different type of slang/
So the next nigga talk about we country and weak/
I hope his momma catch cancer and die in her sleep - MAC

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2001, 01:22:52 PM »
hey congradz to NAS.....hope this undiserved 5 will motivate him to make real 5"z.....
...it might be kinda political....think for yoselves.....tha two dudes iz battlin" lyricly......source don wanna show they prefer one.....so they kinda had to give him a 5..... >>

EXCELLENT post.  That is exactly what happened.
nawww totally untrue.... ya'll trippin cause two east coast rapper got a classic mark,  get down to earth ya
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

jerraveli

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2001, 03:58:50 PM »
wreck: correct me if i'm wrong, but i was talking about 2001. and i don't give a fuck about the source. my point was they are biased. WHICH THEY ARE!!! to give stillmatic a perfect rating and not 2001 is fucking hilarious. my point was to inform people that they shouldn't base their opinions of cd's on what the source rates them. they are not a credible magazine. all they are doing is trying to fuel this beef between jay and nas. so by giving jay a 5 they're gonna give nas 5. now don't get me wrong i copped stillmatic and its a good cd. and i copped wu. and i copped ghostface. so don't go off on this bullshit "if nas was westcoast, you'd agree"  i don't give a fuck where someones from as long as there shit is dope. so you shouldn't make some fucked up assumption on shit that you don't know about.