Author Topic: Is there a fast and easy way to send all your files from your PC to laptop?  (Read 103 times)

ecrazy

is there a faster way to send from your Desktop to your laptop? right now im using AIM to do it, is there a better way?

Don Breezio

you can network the 2 together with a cat5 cable and send them that way. its much quicker. you need to enable the folder your stuff is in for sharing. and then you can do it

ecrazy

Thanks, um...you gotta link to get that Cat5 cable thing?

Don Breezio

just go to any computer store. a cat 5 cable is just an ethernet cable

ecrazy

thanks for the advice

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
get a high capacity Jump Drive, easy to find, wal-mart for example, i always take things from other computers and put it on my laptop.

it works great, its small enough to be on your key chain, and can hold up to 1 gb, plus its waterproof and virtually indestructable.

Don Breezio

thats a good idea too...it really depends on how much you need to transfer...if you are transferring more than a gb or 2 i would use the cat 5 method...if you are transferring less than 2 gb a jump drive would probably be less hassle...though a bit more expensive

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
thats a good idea too...it really depends on how much you need to transfer...if you are transferring more than a gb or 2 i would use the cat 5 method...if you are transferring less than 2 gb a jump drive would probably be less hassle...though a bit more expensive
they have like 8 gig thumb drives now

Don Breezio

oh for real? i might need to pick one of those up....

expensive i assume? back when the 1gb ones first came out they were like 200 bucks

Streetryder310

• 'G'
is there a faster way to send from your Desktop to your laptop? right now im using AIM to do it, is there a better way?

if you have a cd burner you can burn the files on a cd then copy them to the other computer

Don Breezio

^^^ but if you are doing a lot of files then that is a really time consuming way to do it

Streetryder310

• 'G'
yeah true i think a jump drive would be better

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i got a 2gb pen drive, only cost £20