Author Topic: Yo...Hail To Kill  (Read 251 times)

MANBEARPIG.

Re: Yo...Hail To Kill
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2006, 12:56:25 PM »
You're putting emo into a category of rock music all its own, while those other bands are kind of emo, Elliot Smith definitely fits in, not because hes acoustic but because of his content.  Its not just about breaking up with a girlfriend or something and the tempo of the music does not have any bearing on what emo is.  While i based on lyrical content you based on sound.  Dont say I dont know emo, just say we have different opinions on what emo is.

and I fuckin hate the term indie.  I heard a girl call Deathcab indie punk last week and I wanted to choke the shit out of her. >:(

-KIDRENEGADE-

Diabolical

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2006, 01:00:31 PM »
Wiki is not wrong, look http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunny_Day_Real_Estate http://www.last.fm/music/Sunny+Day+Real+Estate

Emo is a subgenre of hardcore punk music.
Emo is hardcore, it evolved into it. And SDRE evolved into a fusion of Emo & Indie.

Most of what is called Emo now and is popular was called that by record labels the same way they jump on every other trend, the same way more people think hip-hop is 50 Cent rather than Grandmaster Flash.

Also you said C&C sing about killing babies, well hardcore bands don't do that and screamo is basically real emo but more chaotic and dissonant.

What you think is emo is basically pop-punk but with some more straightforward indie/rock influences. ie http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matchbook_Romance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Starting_Line

Don Breezio

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 01:06:35 PM »
LMAO...dude you're putting a definition to emo...do you have any idea about emo? do you have emo friends? do you listen to emo music? no...I DO....all of my friends are very punk/emo

www.myspace.com/lastditchremedy (those guys are my best friends are the emoist mf's i've met in a long time)

how can you lump something into a genre like emo and then say indie isn't a genre....indie is more of a genre! it means independent as in independent record labels....emo has nothing to do with that kind of stuff...just because its punk music other than bad religion or the ramones doesn't make it emo. punk evolves just like rap and r&b evolve.

you can't put a encyclopedia definition to emo. emo is a lifestyle, its a musical genre, and its a mindset. its not some old early 90's shitty rock bands

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 01:49:41 PM »
LMAO...dude you're putting a definition to emo...do you have any idea about emo? do you have emo friends? do you listen to emo music? no...I DO....all of my friends are very punk/emo

www.myspace.com/lastditchremedy (those guys are my best friends are the emoist mf's i've met in a long time)

how can you lump something into a genre like emo and then say indie isn't a genre....indie is more of a genre! it means independent as in independent record labels....emo has nothing to do with that kind of stuff...just because its punk music other than bad religion or the ramones doesn't make it emo. punk evolves just like rap and r&b evolve.

you can't put a encyclopedia definition to emo. emo is a lifestyle, its a musical genre, and its a mindset. its not some old early 90's shitty rock bands

I have "Emo" friends as you call em, we're from a different breed, emo is a newer term for scenesters and its all the same thing, the whole point of an indie label is contradictory to itself independent artist should not have a label and tis not a style of music. 

no garage band sits down and says we want to sound really independent how? it doesnt happen.  You're saying emo only applies to straight-edge hardcore and power-pop punk dont say I cant put a definition on it then turn around and do it yourself, hypocrite why cant something softer be emo?

I register bright eyes and Elliot smith as emo/folk/indie but i guess its wrong cuz your friends with hair covering their left eye doesnt listen to it. emo is more than you power-pop garbage sighting good charlotte and jimmy eat world. its gotta be real from real EMOTION i.e. Elliot Smith :-*

-KIDRENEGADE-

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 01:52:20 PM »
LOL at all of this arguing and kill hasnt even posted in the thread dedicated to him.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Don Breezio

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 01:54:51 PM »
lmao @ you saying independent is contradictory...independent doesn't mean that they shouldn't have a record label...an independent record label is one that isn't funded by anything but its own artists...for instance...

Aftermath is the parent company of shady records

cake records is its own shit...nothing else...thats an indie label

and its artists are indie artists

you just said you classify bright eyes and elliot smith as emo/folk/indie....but right before you said indie isn't a style of music....so who's being contradictory now?

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 02:32:35 PM »
did u delete your account over this?

I have rough cuts of both artists before signing when they were independent, not a style, but a classification.

-KIDRENEGADE-

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 02:44:40 PM »
Aftermath is the parent company of shady records
no its a sister company, interscope is the parent

Diabolical

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 03:23:58 PM »
Indie is a style of music, it is rather broad though.
But the word is still also used to describe independant lables.
As much as I agree with what KidRenegade is saying about it being more than just JEW and GC. there is a difrence between Emo and Emotional, you could argue that all music is emotional.

Emo is Emotional Hardcore.

http://fourfa.com/
and once again
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28music%29

And Emo is not necessarily straight edge but the members can be......I'm straight edge.

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2006, 11:36:04 PM »
EMO IS LAME AS FUCK ANYWAYS

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2006, 07:33:49 AM »
How about we just call it Rock and Roll and leave it at that?

Who's the guy that wanted to hear Elliott Smith stuff? I have like 6 or 7 albums.