Author Topic: You know the real reason hip-hop is in a state of 911?  (Read 342 times)

Narrator

You know the real reason hip-hop is in a state of 911?
« on: August 21, 2006, 05:26:30 PM »
Cause everybody loves to blame everybody but themselves and their own favorite artists.

The proof?  Read that 50 interview where he blamed Southern rap for fucking up the game.  Look at Dipset fans.  Or, better yet, look at West Coast fans in general.

Everybody needs to accept that almost EVERY popular rapper who has been influential in the past 20 years or so has had a hand in fucking up the game in some way or another, from N.W.A. right on down to the 50s and Cam'rons of the world today.

Sikotic™

Re: You know the real reason hip-hop is in a state of 911?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 06:32:32 PM »
It the people who whine and bitch about any music that isn't political and conscious that ruin it.

They think they're above everyone else because of their "superior" taste in music when truth is, they don't even know what to do when a club track plays and they feel like clowns.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 07:35:30 PM »
It the people who whine and bitch about any music that isn't political and conscious that ruin it.

They think they're above everyone else because of their "superior" taste in music when truth is, they don't even know what to do when a club track plays and they feel like clowns.

exactly man, the backpackers i hate the most, its like, why not put out some "social concious" hip hop that doesn't sound like fucking emo gay sauce you assholes, make it catchy for once then blame dipset or the south if no one wants to listen

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 08:04:29 PM »
Well I'll jump in.  There isn't shit wrong with Laffy Taffy, & Ying Yang just like their ain't shit wrong with whoever is deemed a backpacker and whatever "socially conscious music".  The problem is mass media is vastly skewed toward anything that doesn't invoke anything really thought provoking. 

When I was a senior in college, I'd lose my damn mind when Ying Yang would be bumpin in a club and everybody in that bitch was screamin FROM THE WINDOW, TO THE WALL!  Those were some of the funnest times I ever had.  I love simple party n bullshit as much as anybody. 

But I HAVE to have a balance, and that shit ain't really poppin on your BET / MTV.  And I think that shit is wrong because they're not giving people the choice and exposure to different segments of hip hop.  And that is why I even got into hip hop - cuz I could always use it to manifest any kind of mood I was in.  So I personally might be like - "fuck that wack simpleton bullshit these days".  It's not that I think i'm above it, cuz it's def got a time and a place.  But i'm more rebellious against it cuz it just feels like it's being crammed down my throat. 

Narrator

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 08:18:26 PM »
What y'all have said is right about backpackers...and most backpackers are white anyway.  They're the same as wiggers to me, and their musical tastes are just as bad, except for different reasons.

But that's not what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about how people blame everybody but themselves for anything being wrong.  Most people admit there's something wrong with hip-hop, but they don't know who or what to blame.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 08:29:34 PM »
Well I mean it's the Yin and the Yang man.  (And I'm not talking about the group again).  For every positive thing that ANY artist has done there can also be a negative connotation as well.  I mean fuck Rakim for wearing all that goddamn gold and putting dollars all over the Paid In Full album right?  And we have the nerve to blame Cash Money for bling bling.  So I mean you could fault everybody all day long.

The thing I've never really understood with you is your utter disgust and contempt for any non black that listens to hip hop. 

Narrator

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 08:36:46 PM »
I mean fuck Rakim for wearing all that goddamn gold and putting dollars all over the Paid In Full album right?  And we have the nerve to blame Cash Money for bling bling.  So I mean you could fault everybody all day long.

I been arguing the same thing to these youngstas since Day 1, homie.  Why does Nelly get hated for making "Air Force Ones", but Run-DMC doesn't get hated for putting out "My Adidas"? (the first rap song I ever liked, BTW)?  Why is talking about chronic good, but talking about sipping on sizzurp bad?  You could go on and on...point being, there ain't no one person who fucked up the game.

The thing I've never really understood with you is your utter disgust and contempt for any non black that listens to hip hop. 

White people fucked up hip-hop.  That's not contempt, that's a fact.  Just like Real American can say all Muslims are terrorists, I can say that.

I actually listened to 3rd Bass sometimes back in the day (even when X-Clan was hating on them), and I still respect Eminem.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 08:40:08 PM by Narrator »

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 08:50:17 PM »
Jrome is on point about the balance thing. I'm not even hating on backpackers, I can bump Atmosphere when I'm in the mood for it as well. It's just that I've come across some die-hard people that feel like they are revolutionaries because they've got Dead Prez album on rotation since 2002 and rock a Che Guevara t-shirt. And those who listen to a broader variety of music, including mainstream club music, are considered the puppets? ODB said it best: NIGGA PLEASE!

I'm talking about how people blame everybody but themselves for anything being wrong.
It's okay for them to fuck the game up because they reap the benefits of it lol.

It's just the nature of hip-hop fans. Hip-Hop changes not year-by-year anymore, but month-by-month. It's hard to keep up. Eventhough it goes through changes, the relative messages and themes stay the same. I know each and every one of us got into Hip-Hop during some point (late 80's NWA days, Early 90's when Death Row and East Coast were poppin, etc.) and yearn for the day it will feel as genuine as it did at that point in time. So when we see someone doing a song about Air Forces instead of Adidas we get pissed.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 09:03:51 PM »
I mean fuck Rakim for wearing all that goddamn gold and putting dollars all over the Paid In Full album right?  And we have the nerve to blame Cash Money for bling bling.  So I mean you could fault everybody all day long.

I been arguing the same thing to these youngstas since Day 1, homie.  Why does Nelly get hated for making "Air Force Ones", but Run-DMC doesn't get hated for putting out "My Adidas"? (the first rap song I ever liked, BTW)?  Why is talking about chronic good, but talking about sipping on sizzurp bad?  You could go on and on...point being, there ain't no one person who fucked up the game.

I mean it's just like both our examples.  We've seen that shit before - to me when Nelly drops a song like AFO, it's pretty transparent.  Was he really making that song cuz that's how he felt, or cuz Nike cut him a fat check?  Or did some dick in a necktie say "hey remember that Run-DMC song that was about shoes that was a big hit? Let's re-do that shit.  We done got that formula and we know it works!"

And you know what?  Maybe Run-DMC got a phat check from Adidas for doing that song.  The difference for me is that I've been there / done that so when I see something that is nothing more than a blatant formulaic ripoff, I tend to denounce it.  But that shit ain't nothin new - it's been going on since the beginning of time.  But I'm looking for music that isn't doing that.  I want stuff that is innovative to me, not something that I've seen a 1000 times.  I need a musician to mature right along with me, not be stagnant or even digress like some of these cats.

White people fucked up hip-hop.  That's not contempt, that's a fact.  Just like Real American can say all Muslims are terrorists, I can say that.
Well lets get on the same page.  I'm not saying you can't say that.  I'm asking why.  Do you just have an axe to grind with Overseer so your reaction is to create some online character and over dramatize everything?  Theres enough of those cocksuckers on this board.  They're entertaining in their own right every once in a while, but when that lame rhetoric oozes into every fucking thread they make it gets really fucking boring and predictable.

I actually listened to 3rd Bass sometimes back in the day (even when X-Clan was hating on them), and I still respect Eminem.

Now wait a second.  You say white people fucked up hip hop, yet you support them.  So therefore YOU'RE contributing to the bastardization of the culture aren't you?  Capitalism fucked up the essence of hip hop.  Then again, it made some young brothas more $$$ than BILLIONS of white/brown/red/yellow people all over the world could only dream of.  It's all back to the Yin and the Yang my brotha.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 09:12:29 PM »

run dmc did it for the style, nelly did it for cash, but maybe he did it for free i don't know, but it doesn't look like

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 09:42:23 PM »

case closed.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 09:43:33 PM »
Like someone else said there has to be a balance. When Run-DMC put out that adidas song you knew there was going to be good tracks on it's respective album. Not only that, music outlets were willing to play a balance of sub-generes of hip hop, even if party tracks got the most spins. Now the only thing MTV, BET, and radio stations will give serious roatation to is club songs and other no-thinking music. Which enables artists to release one or two party siingles, have a garbage album, and still manage to go platinum. Making other artists think they can do the same thing (and often succeeding). IMO it all comes down to balance, which began to fade after the East/West rivalry (or whenever you think it started).

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 10:05:49 PM »

White people fucked up hip-hop.  That's not contempt, that's a fact. 

I agree with you. First time for everything.

teecee

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 11:41:15 PM »

White people fucked up hip-hop.  That's not contempt, that's a fact. 

I agree with you. First time for everything.

Maybe the sound, but i guarantee all the rappers who've made millions aren't complaining............

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2006, 02:45:12 PM »

tell you the honest to God truth, hip hop isnt in any state...and no one single person/region fucked it up, if you can honestly sit up and point and say a particular person or state fucked up hip hop, then shit you bout as fucked up as the person you puttin the blame on, kuz i bet money neither hip hop or the people you hatin gives a fuck what you think..

people need to just shut the fuck up and get some pussy,get high and enjoy the music ...you were born to die..southern rap crunk and other shit people hate on gone be around still while your ass is dead..hip hop aint that serious, if you dont like somethin dont listen to it, listen to the shit you like, i pretty sure the people you dislike can tell you more about your favorite rapper than you can prolly a bigger fan than you are.