Author Topic: ‘Survivor: Cook Islands’ to divide teams by race  (Read 562 times)

Sikotic™

‘Survivor: Cook Islands’ to divide teams by race
« on: August 23, 2006, 03:02:31 PM »
NEW YORK - The new season of “Survivor” will be a race among races.

At the start of the reality show’s 13th edition, “Survivor: Cook Islands,” 20 contestants will be organized into four tribes divided along ethnic lines — black, white, Hispanic and Asian, CBS announced Wednesday.

The tribes, as usual, will merge later in the season, which debuts Sept. 14, the network said.
Never watched this show, but the potential for murder is luring me in.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

jeromechickenbone

Re: ‘Survivor: Cook Islands’ to divide teams by race
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 03:24:31 PM »
Read about this today.  Should be interesting.  They still need to keep it balanced though - i mean they're opening up to all kinds of potential criticism cuz inevitably people are gonna be like "they purposely picked shitty representatives of the white / black / asian / hispanic race".

I hardly ever watch TV, but Survivor is usually a pretty good show.

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 03:33:32 PM »
oh my god, this is gonna be laughs. i cant wait for a black on asian reward challenge. its gonna get ugly

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I give it a week before all the other tribes are trying to move to the white part of the island.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
I give it a week before all the other tribes are trying to move to the white part of the island.

maybe the Asians.

I see the Latin tribe speaking another language than the whole island, trying to seperate themselves. I see the Asians copying the whites, and the Black men hitting on the White women.

Sikotic™

LMFAO!!!

Funniest thing you've ever said
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 07:08:00 PM »
ROFL!!
LMFAO!!!

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 07:08:05 PM »
I have never anticipated a TV show as much as I am anticipating this.

jeromechickenbone

LMFAO!!!

Word - shit had me laughin out loud.  Cwalker been comin with some heat lately.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 04:50:52 PM »
I have never anticipated a TV show as much as I am anticipating this.

Have you been following the show. I just caught up with it. A quick run down of the races.

Asians: by far the best running tribe. Yul is a beast, his smart (lawyer) and highly athletic. His the unoffical leader, and his the strongest member by far. The Latinos send him to exile, and he ended up finding ammunity, so his basically safe until the end.

Blacks: They are struggling. A bunch of city people, and the men are the leaders, but the women seem more united. The women voted off one of the guys, and basically it's one guy and 3 women, but is a good thing. They seem more united now, and things are finally looking up.

Latino: the best feed tribe. They had a fat ass, Billy, who was holding the team down, and they lost just so they can vote him off. They didn't even lose by much. The Asians might be better ran, but the Latinos are going into the ocean and spearing fish. (old native practice of fishing) Ozzy is the most experience in terms of outdoors, and if the rest of the tribe can rally around him, they should be fine.

Whites: They are great at the contest, HORRIBLE at living in the woods. Everyone is building huts, and whatnot, the whites were fine sleeping snuggled up on each other. Not bad for the two guys though, the 3 women are pretty hot. They have leadership problems, when Jonathan was in exile, the others didn't do shit. They need Jonathan's leadership.

J Bananas

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 04:58:39 PM »
the white tribe is a really uninteresting group of people so far, same thing with the latinos. (i confuse both, they picked the whitest possible latinos for this)

the asians by far have the edge over everyone else, but i dont like it how everyone was all butthurt about that guys vietnamese joke, they need to loosen up

and the blacks, well theyre facing a pretty uphill battle with the women running it, and the sole male there couldnt even get a fire started so  :-\

im wondering when the merge will come and it'll just go back to regular survivor, or if they'll let certain teams completely get wiped out

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 05:01:06 PM »
I can't believe those stupid, stupid motherfuckers.  There's this place called "exile island" where there's riddles to gain an immunity statue.  The last time around, when you win, you can vote someone from another team to go to exile island for 2 days, to hurt their team.  So you can use it to fuck somebody.

These dumbasses vote the smartest motherfucker on the entire island out to the 'exile island' part... it takes him all of like 10 fucking minutes to figure out the clues and get the immunity idol.  One of the white guys was out there for 2 days and couldn't find it.  They send the asian, and he's playing with the idol 10 minutes later.  It was like a fucking calculator or something "O.K., the way this is worded, I'm going to find all of the possible places that the idol could be buried and mark them with this stick... then I'll categorically eliminate each variable....  blah blah blah... "

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 05:03:52 PM »
the white tribe is a really uninteresting group of people so far, same thing with the latinos. (i confuse both, they picked the whitest possible latinos for this)

the asians by far have the edge over everyone else, but i dont like it how everyone was all butthurt about that guys vietnamese joke, they need to loosen up

and the blacks, well theyre facing a pretty uphill battle with the women running it, and the sole male there couldnt even get a fire started so  :-\

im wondering when the merge will come and it'll just go back to regular survivor, or if they'll let certain teams completely get wiped out

Billy was a character, and few ratings, I'm sad his gone. But honestly, as a Latino, I am glad they kicked him off. This is a instance where fewer members is good. I think Ozzy's a great member, I think Cristina needs to swallow her pride, and let Ozzy lead. And your right about the Latino's being light as hell. But for TV, they've always had light Latinos. Watch Telemundo, or Univison, those are some white people. It's all good, as long as we eating, and protected for rain, I'm cool with them... lol.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 05:05:03 PM »
I can't believe those stupid, stupid motherfuckers.  There's this place called "exile island" where there's riddles to gain an immunity statue.  The last time around, when you win, you can vote someone from another team to go to exile island for 2 days, to hurt their team.  So you can use it to fuck somebody.

These dumbasses vote the smartest motherfucker on the entire island out to the 'exile island' part... it takes him all of like 10 fucking minutes to figure out the clues and get the immunity idol.  One of the white guys was out there for 2 days and couldn't find it.  They send the asian, and he's playing with the idol 10 minutes later.  It was like a fucking calculator or something "O.K., the way this is worded, I'm going to find all of the possible places that the idol could be buried and mark them with this stick... then I'll categorically eliminate each variable....  blah blah blah... "

sad the Asian figured out something a white man can't... lol

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 01:00:45 PM »
Go Brownies!!!  :sombrero: :bandit: :cheers: :beer: :loopaper: :monkey: