Author Topic: Too_Short-Blow_The_Whistle-2006  (Read 1086 times)

Jakubs

Re: Too_Short-Blow_The_Whistle-2006
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »
Can someone pm me with a link? Props! 8)
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

Quadruple OG

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2006, 04:21:14 PM »
IMO better than his last couple releases.  The Production is hot, and Short sounds energized throughout the record.

I'm curious, if people on this board can tolerate Snoop spitting over Neptunes and Lil' Jon beats, why isn't it ok for Short to rap over Lil' Jon and Jazze Pha beats?

WestCoasta

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2006, 04:28:07 PM »
I got a link, I'm gonna listen sometime this weekend

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2006, 04:30:46 PM »
Wack. ALready deleted.

Not as good as 50 cent huh??? LOL!

The Best of 3 Worlds

d-nice

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2006, 05:36:18 PM »
IMO better than his last couple releases.  The Production is hot, and Short sounds energized throughout the record.

I'm curious, if people on this board can tolerate Snoop spitting over Neptunes and Lil' Jon beats, why isn't it ok for Short to rap over Lil' Jon and Jazze Pha beats?

Yeah Short Dog is cool over Lil Jon beats. So is E-40 but I want to hear both Short and 40 water hook back up with Ant Banks. Is that dude dead or something? He has fell off the earth when it comes to producing.

suckaa free

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2006, 06:07:47 PM »
^i still say lil jon and jazzy phae suck.  he needs a producer that samples p funk and shit.  has $hort ever done a song off a Gap Band loop?  that would be the shit!

i heard ant bank$ sells real estate in the east bay.  we need to make a patittion to bring the Big Bad Ass Back.   >:(

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2006, 06:10:25 PM »
props

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2006, 10:58:46 PM »
Wack. ALready deleted.
Are we listening to the same CD?  After the first listen, this CD is off the hook to me.  IMO its his best and most consistent album since the 90s.  I think every track is AT LEAST solid, if not a fuckin banger.  I think the best part of this CD is how it was put together.  I was waiting for a typical mid album slump, which most CDs have, but instead of putting bullshit tracks in toward the middle, Short Dog decided to switch the style up and put some fly ass Jazze Pha shit on there instead.  I don't see the hate on Jazze Pha either  ??? he drops some real tight ass beats.

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2006, 11:03:40 PM »
Wack. ALready deleted.
Are we listening to the same CD?  After the first listen, this CD is off the hook to me.  IMO its his best and most consistent album since the 90s.  I think every track is AT LEAST solid, if not a fuckin banger.  I think the best part of this CD is how it was put together.  I was waiting for a typical mid album slump, which most CDs have, but instead of putting bullshit tracks in toward the middle, Short Dog decided to switch the style up and put some fly ass Jazze Pha shit on there instead.  I don't see the hate on Jazze Pha either  ??? he drops some real tight ass beats.

Wow its all opinions but damn thats a bold statement.  I think this is ok and its actually growing on me some but imo Married To The Game shits all over this.  There is no song on "Blow the Whistle" that even compares to "How It Goes Down" I meen that song was amazing, there were no standout tracks on this album.  Anyways my fav track on this album is "Sophisticated"  thats a banger.

WestCoasta

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2006, 11:07:53 PM »
I'm about to download it...

damn I think "Married to the Game" had a few memorable tracks and that's it.... poor overall

hopefully this is better.... I can't stand those fuckin kick-clap-cowbell Lil Jon beats like on MTTG...

they better not be like it on this album

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2006, 11:09:37 PM »
I'm about to download it...

damn I think "Married to the Game" had a few memorable tracks and that's it.... poor overall

hopefully this is better.... I can't stand those fuckin kick-clap-cowbell Lil Jon beats like on MTTG...

they better not be like it on this album

It is, you arent going to like this if you didnt like MTTG..  There arent as much fillers on this but there are no standout tracks on BTW.

WestCoasta

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2006, 11:42:04 PM »
 :-\  well I'll see soon.... man those simple beats irritate me  >:(

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2006, 03:31:19 AM »
ima buy it on tuesday... but damn mixed reviews so far

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2006, 08:30:24 AM »
Ok, I dont know wtf happened but it looks like Ive d/l some wierd rip. It only had 12 tracks and only 3 of them are on this retail  ???

Im downloading the proper rip now...

Quadruple OG

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2006, 08:36:02 AM »
Wack. ALready deleted.

I'm listening to the same cd you are.  Short Dog hasn't sounded this refreshed in a while, and it's way better than MTTG.  Lil' Jon brought some heat...I'm surprised Tha Dogg Pound groupies aren't all over "Sadity" because if that dropped as a single this album would go plat.  Granted it's not on the level that Ant Banks had him on in the early 90's, however when you take it for what it is, it's a nice album.

As for the Jazze Pha criticism, only reason people are hating it is because Jazze Pha is producing for everyone these days and that his tracks have been all over Billboard for the past year, and that he couldn't do the same for that track at the end of "Cali iz Active".  He's probably one of the more underrated producers in the game right now, and it's about time he gets his shine.

There is no song on "Blow the Whistle" that even compares to "How It Goes Down" I meen that song was amazing, there were no standout tracks on this album. 

it's ironic because Lil' Jon actually produced that track, yet people are crying that Lil' Jon and Jazze Pha are bring Short Dog's career down.  They didn't even produce half the tracks on MTTG.

Here's another thing for those people who haven't done their homework on Short Dog after he came out of "retirement":  Lil' Jon and Jazze Pha have been producing for Short since '99 and they credit him for giving them the chance to get exposure.  So if you look at it, Too Short has influenced crunk music in a way by cosigning the producers early on.