Author Topic: Too_Short-Blow_The_Whistle-2006  (Read 1085 times)

DipsetGeneral

Re: Too_Short-Blow_The_Whistle-2006
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2006, 05:31:53 PM »
anyone got a link to 04Keep Bouncin 04:09Street) Feat. Snoop Dogg and Will.I.Am, track is a banger

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A0AAACDD0F6CC4A2

this song sucks though

thanks +1

lol I thnk shits bumpin

I think Snoop comes nice on the track but Im not feeling the beat and imo Will I Am is ass on this track.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2006, 05:53:10 PM »
certified banger in my opinion, i do have that song going dumb without the dj, it was on that mixtape, called American Pimps, it has that plus all the leaked tracks from his album, including remixes of "blow the whistle" with keak da sneak beats. its pretty tight, i like the beats, lil john and too short work good together, but its still hard to compare it with Married to the Game.
yeah the one on the American Pimps mixtape has that bullshit "THE BUTCHER" DJ Vlad tag all over it, and its annoying as fuck.

Sparegeez

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2006, 06:19:04 PM »
Ya can say whatever. I like this album. Burn rubber part 2 is a slapper.

Suga Foot

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2006, 07:27:46 PM »
This is my fav Too Short album since Gettin It.  It's put together really well. 

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2006, 12:42:21 AM »
This is my fav Too Short album since Gettin It.  It's put together really well. 

His best album since "I Can't Stay Away" imo.. I love it, I only dislike about one or two tracks, the rest slap!
Mistah FAB "Ghost Ride It"

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2006, 12:52:40 AM »
I dont know I meen this album is ok but again there are no standouts and thats a huge problem. The best thing about the album is the way it flows together but still its just not the type of album that you would still bump in a month or two.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2006, 12:23:20 PM »
I dont know I meen this album is ok but again there are no standouts and thats a huge problem. The best thing about the album is the way it flows together but still its just not the type of album that you would still bump in a month or two.
i think theres definitley some standouts

Blow The Whistle
Money Maker
Nothing Feels Better
Sophisticated
Hoes ft. Jazze Pha & Bun B
Baller ft. David Banner
Saditty ft. Dogg Pound

All of those are standouts IMO

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2006, 12:25:10 PM »
i think theres definitley some standouts

Blow The Whistle
Money Maker
Nothing Feels Better
Sophisticated
Hoes ft. Jazze Pha & Bun B
Baller ft. David Banner
Saditty ft. Dogg Pound

All of those are standouts IMO

Well after a few more spins, I officially think "Sophisticated" is a standout track.  I cant stop bumping that, great song.

21stKid

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2006, 12:41:14 PM »
Lil' Jon brings tha heat on this album like he did on Ghetto Report Card, but why did Too $hort work with Jazze Pha? Everybody knows that dude's wack

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2006, 02:52:35 PM »
After first listen.........7/10

I'd say....

Standout tracks:
Blow the whistle
Keep bouncin
Sophistocated

Positives:
Overall, album has consistent sound...keeps the same mood throughout, not much contradiction
Not too many songs that are unlistenable
Sounds as if it was put together well, and as if they spent time on making it
Still has strong sense of humor, funny as hell even when the lines are hella cliche

Negatives:
3/4 of the songs sound uninspired, and like something I've heard before
Some may not mind, but as with many other Too Short albums, he just overuses "bitch" and depends on it as a crutch
Only real standout tracks to me are the singles....on past albums, he had songs that you just wanted to hear all the time like "Burn rubber" and these songs became singles just because of their strength and because people liked em
Sounds as if you can get tired of it real quick, especially since many songs just sound like something else....Sadity sounds almost identical to "U and dat", Money Maker sounds 95% IDENTICAL to "Snap ya fingers"

And personally......the worst thing about this album is that it aims to be a down south album...but the main singles sound very west coast, and aren't even getting played in the south at all.....and on the flip side, people on the west coast who hope it will sound west because of the singles will be disapppointed because only the singles sound west coast.....so it might not sell much unless one of these songs blows up like "Shake that monkey"

Quadruple OG

« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2006, 03:36:24 PM »
why did Too $hort work with Jazze Pha? Everybody knows that dude's wack

1) Short's been working with him for 7 years
2) because he's a dope producer who can get artists on the charts

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2006, 03:44:39 PM »
why did Too $hort work with Jazze Pha? Everybody knows that dude's wack
Everybody loves a pimp

WestCoasta

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2006, 03:46:42 PM »
Jazze Pha is a goofy lookin fat motherfucker, with some annoying beats sometimes and annoying adlibs

but I've been known to like a little of his production here and there....

WestCoasta

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2006, 09:31:41 PM »
after first listen I'm not feelin a majority of these tracks

it all sounds the same, man I'm let down

a few good tracks tho... I'll listen more and more

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2006, 09:45:28 PM »
After first listen.........7/10

I'd say....

Standout tracks:
Blow the whistle
Keep bouncin
Sophistocated

Positives:
Overall, album has consistent sound...keeps the same mood throughout, not much contradiction
Not too many songs that are unlistenable
Sounds as if it was put together well, and as if they spent time on making it
Still has strong sense of humor, funny as hell even when the lines are hella cliche

Negatives:
3/4 of the songs sound uninspired, and like something I've heard before
Some may not mind, but as with many other Too Short albums, he just overuses "bitch" and depends on it as a crutch
Only real standout tracks to me are the singles....on past albums, he had songs that you just wanted to hear all the time like "Burn rubber" and these songs became singles just because of their strength and because people liked em
Sounds as if you can get tired of it real quick, especially since many songs just sound like something else....Sadity sounds almost identical to "U and dat", Money Maker sounds 95% IDENTICAL to "Snap ya fingers"

And personally......the worst thing about this album is that it aims to be a down south album...but the main singles sound very west coast, and aren't even getting played in the south at all.....and on the flip side, people on the west coast who hope it will sound west because of the singles will be disapppointed because only the singles sound west coast.....so it might not sell much unless one of these songs blows up like "Shake that monkey"

Exactly how I feel, nice lil review