Author Topic: Why was it ok for Snoop to name drop Dre, DPG, and DR on doggystyle but...  (Read 1225 times)

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
but its not ok for Game to do the same on The Documentary?

I think its kinda funny how ya'll criticize Game for name dropping when it isn't a new fad for a rapper working for Dre.

The Watcher

how many times does Snoop name drop on doggystyle?

how many times does Game name drop on the documentary?

add it up
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Haha, I knew this was gonna be a thread about Game.The answer is pretty simple, Game name drops in every single song he has & like The Watcher asked, how many times has Snoop name dropped???

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Haha, I knew this was gonna be a thread about Game.The answer is pretty simple, Game name drops in every single song he has & like The Watcher asked, how many times has Snoop name dropped???

Lol at even comparing Doggystyle to Documentary. Those 2 shouldnt be named in the same sentence  :P

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah Snoop was hardly name dropping to the extent the Game does.

Game will name drop:

artists (usually compare himself to them or say something along the lines of - "I'm like *insert rapper* I'm *insert name of rappers song/album etc.*")
labels (not just his own)
cars (something most (wack*) rappers do) *I'm not saying Game is wack so don't start crying
clothing
footwear
Compton
basketball players
sales (nearly every song is "I'm 5 times platinum", which he isn't)

And all that will happen in one song.

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Lol at even comparing Doggystyle to Documentary. Those 2 shouldnt be named in the same sentence  :P

tell me bout it, the documentary is far betta
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

ABN

well add upp Snoop´s name drops of himself in every song and he´ll be about even with Game :P but i don´t care if either one of them name drops or whatever as long as the music´s dope. and in that department Game has came thru waaaay harder then Snoop in the last year or so.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah Snoop was hardly name dropping to the extent the Game does.

Game will name drop:

artists (usually compare himself to them or say something along the lines of - "I'm like *insert rapper* I'm *insert name of rappers song/album etc.*")
labels (not just his own)
cars (something most (wack*) rappers do) *I'm not saying Game is wack so don't start crying
clothing
footwear
Compton
basketball players
sales (nearly every song is "I'm 5 times platinum", which he isn't)

And all that will happen in one song.

Lol yeah. Jome said it the best:

The recipe:

Dr.Dre, Dre, Doc, Doctor, D-R-E, D-R <-- Each of these must be mentioned at least once in each song for variation, or up to 12 times in total per song.
Dubs, rimz, Cadillac, Impala, Chevy, Mercedes, wheels, spinners, candy paint <-- See above.
Compton, CPT, L.A., N.Y., Yonkers, etc. + crip/blood <-- To get the proper respect, throw in a couple of these at random times.
Nas, Eazy-E, B.I.G., Jay-Z, 2Pac, N.W.A., Snoop Dogg <-- At least 5 of these must be mentioned in every song, preferably repeated in the chorus for max name recognition.
Nike, Chuck Taylors, Adidas, Reebok, Converse, All-stars, Hurricanes, etc. <-- Sponsored shoutouts to various shoe companies must be placed strategically in every song.

Don't even try to deny it.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Who cares about this seriously. To tell you the truth thats what i kinda liked that about game how he uses names to rap.
Watch me take flight like tom cruse
i was pluged to a iv then dre hooked me up with ivine
lets get this firm like foxy nas and az

I think some of then are realy clever.

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
i love how everyone avoids the question.

go back and listen to doggystyle.. on almost every single, snoop name drops Dre, death row, dogg pound and a gun.

i understand some of ya'll cant relate it b/c the materialistic ideas werent the same in the 90s, but it was the same concept.

both albums are dope, so no hate to either.. but i think people take it waaaaaay too far about game. as if nobody else be doing what he does.

and to the guy who just posted before me.. i agree. i like the way he name drops.. i think kanye west has a similar style.

Monotone

• Muthafuckin' OG
I dont think theres anything wrong with shouting out your crew on a record like snoop did

Game takes it overboard...some people like it some people dont, its cool at first but starts to get played out real quick, also takes away from the replay value imo

OSIRUS

• Lil Geezy
  • the slayer of many! step up an be slayed!
why should this perplex the original poster?

i agree with the guy a few posts above who basically said  that as long as the music is good it dont matter!

OSIRUS    1

Jome

Lol yeah. Jome said it the best:

The recipe:

Dr.Dre, Dre, Doc, Doctor, D-R-E, D-R <-- Each of these must be mentioned at least once in each song for variation, or up to 12 times in total per song.
Dubs, rimz, Cadillac, Impala, Chevy, Mercedes, wheels, spinners, candy paint <-- See above.
Compton, CPT, L.A., N.Y., Yonkers, etc. + crip/blood <-- To get the proper respect, throw in a couple of these at random times.
Nas, Eazy-E, B.I.G., Jay-Z, 2Pac, N.W.A., Snoop Dogg <-- At least 5 of these must be mentioned in every song, preferably repeated in the chorus for max name recognition.
Nike, Chuck Taylors, Adidas, Reebok, Converse, All-stars, Hurricanes, etc. <-- Sponsored shoutouts to various shoe companies must be placed strategically in every song.

Don't even try to deny it.

He sure did.
Why would anybody even bother to deny this, much less compare it to Snoop..  ???

DipsetGeneral

Im sorry but Jome and Detox need to lay off Game.  Im sorry but no one in the G-Unit camp can even hold Game's jockstrap.

Game > 50, mop, mobbdeep, banks, buck

The best rapper in Gunit is Buck and he is mediocre at best.

Jome

Haha, the Dipset jockstrap acts like his opinion matters to anybody.

The best rapper in Gunit is Buck and he is mediocre at best.

Buck better than Havoc, Lil Fame, Billy Danze, and even Banks, riiiiight.  ::)
Just goes to show how little you know, probably started listening to rap when Cam'Ron announced Dipset.

top 5 Rappers In The Game. Killa, Yukmeezy, Joey, Cass, Ya Boy.

Hahahahahaha, no further proof needed, maybe add Jim Jones & Juelz Santana to it ?? Lame.
Back on topic; Snoop namedrop 1 rapper for each time Game namedrop 20, bottom line.