Author Topic: Why was it ok for Snoop to name drop Dre, DPG, and DR on doggystyle but...  (Read 1203 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lyrically: 50, Banks, Buck, M.O.P., Havoc >> Game
            Game >> Yayo, Spider, P   

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
I dont think theres anything wrong with shouting out your crew on a record like snoop did

Game takes it overboard...some people like it some people dont, its cool at first but starts to get played out real quick, also takes away from the replay value imo
^^^^^^^^^^^^^what he said..
funny thing was game never name dropped BWS once...

gamespitgame

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
Shoutin out your own crew and shoutin out everyone in the music/acting biz is different. When Snoop came out he shouted his OWN crew and guess what happened, damn near EVERY PERSON he mentioned got heat around their names and were able to do their own thing (daz, kurupt, warren g, lil half dead, trey dee, C-style, etc). You didn't even have to know how to rap if Snoop shouted you out everyone wanted to know who you were and a deal was automatic. Who has game really plugged in like that????? I ain't callin' Game a groupie, but thats what it looks like when you have your own crew you barely mention, but will shout out damn near every celeb you've ever come in contact with for that association. Blow up your dogs and get that cheeze, fuck lettin everyone know about the "popular" people you know.

Why did I even respond to this anyway?
The rap game ain't what it used to be....
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 12:24:10 PM by gamespitgame »

DipsetGeneral

Haha, the Dipset jockstrap acts like his opinion matters to anybody.

The best rapper in Gunit is Buck and he is mediocre at best.

Buck better than Havoc, Lil Fame, Billy Danze, and even Banks, riiiiight.  ::)
Just goes to show how little you know, probably started listening to rap when Cam'Ron announced Dipset.

top 5 Rappers In The Game. Killa, Yukmeezy, Joey, Cass, Ya Boy.

Hahahahahaha, no further proof needed, maybe add Jim Jones & Juelz Santana to it ?? Lame.
Back on topic; Snoop namedrop 1 rapper for each time Game namedrop 20, bottom line.

LMAO!!! AHAHAHAHAH.  Please tell me you dont think anyone from the Gunit can fuck w/ Joey?  Dude first off Budden is on a whole different level than anyone from the gunit.  Have you ever heard Dumb Out, Three Sides To A Story, Explain My Life? This aint even a opinion if you think Joey is Wack then you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT RAP.  And have you even ever heard Yuk or Cass spit before?  And what about Ya Boy?  Can anyone from the G-Unit camp make a song like 100 bars of crack?  I think not.  I guess you just dont like good music, I like Mitchy alot but you even called his album the best westcoast album of the year hahahaha.  Im sorry but if you think Budden or Yukmouth is wack then you need to WAKE THE FUCK UP.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i dont get all this arguing.. its all opinions.. why become mad because someone got another opinion than yourself?

DipsetGeneral

i dont get all this arguing.. its all opinions.. why become mad because someone got another opinion than yourself?

I agree, you would have to ask Jome, cause I dont know either.

Jome

^^ LoL @ playing innocent, you started the shit, and you also went off-topic:

Im sorry but Jome and Detox need to lay off Game.  Im sorry but no one in the G-Unit camp can even hold Game's jockstrap.

Game > 50, mop, mobbdeep, banks, buck

LMAO!!! AHAHAHAHAH.  Please tell me you dont think anyone from the Gunit can fuck w/ Joey?  Dude first off Budden is on a whole different level than anyone from the gunit.  Have you ever heard Dumb Out, Three Sides To A Story, Explain My Life? This aint even a opinion if you think Joey is Wack then you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT RAP.  And have you even ever heard Yuk or Cass spit before?  And what about Ya Boy?  Can anyone from the G-Unit camp make a song like 100 bars of crack?  I think not.  I guess you just dont like good music, I like Mitchy alot but you even called his album the best westcoast album of the year hahahaha.  Im sorry but if you think Budden or Yukmouth is wack then you need to WAKE THE FUCK UP.

Can't do anything else than laugh at this.  :laugh:

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
i dont mind name dropping

2 great albums and doggystyle is a classic

Diabolical

Even if Snoop name dropped Dre. DPG and DR on Doggystyle 500 times atleast he was actually on the label and knew the people/wasn't using them to get ahead. Game name dropps Eazy and them like he's best friends w/ them when i think he met Eazy like once maybe twice.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Im sorry but Jome and Detox need to lay off Game.  Im sorry but no one in the G-Unit camp can even hold Game's jockstrap.

Game > 50, mop, mobbdeep, banks, buck

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Game is a terrible rapper. Banks, Buck, MOP are better. And Snoop works with DPG and Snoop, Game name drops people hes never even worked with, let alone even met. How can you say Game is a good rapper with those aweful generic lyrics. At least MOP and Buck have energy in their lyrics.

WestCoasta

wow so much knowledge, I didn't know you were all professional rappers

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
wow so much knowledge, I didn't know you were all professional rappers
+1

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
I don't think BWS was even a label or much when Game dropped the Documentary.... Thats why he named dropped Dre, 50 and G-Unit. He rapped about Eazy because he is a legend that should have a lot more respect from all of you fellow westcoasters (just like how EVERY houston rapper name drops DJ Screw)

But some of ya'll still don't get the point..

Lets talk about Eminem.. When he came out with his first 2 mainstream albums.. He was name dropping Dre, Shady, his momma, halley, drugs and pop artists on every song. Some of ya'll consider him a legend from those 2 albums.. There was a 'formula' that worked for those albums lyrics. Now that Em doesn't rap about most of those things anymore, ya'll say he fallen off.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Neither Eminem or Snoop Dogg name drops to the extent The Game does, saying they do is idiocy. Nobody is denying that other rappers name drop, it's just that Game does it more and seems to do just for the sake of doing it. For example everybody knows Game was/is affiliated with Dre so he has no need to mention Dre on every track he does, Game is just very uncreative in his lyrics.

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
Neither Eminem or Snoop Dogg name drops to the extent The Game does, saying they do is idiocy. Nobody is denying that other rappers name drop, it's just that Game does it more and seems to do just for the sake of doing it. For example everybody knows Game was/is affiliated with Dre so he has no need to mention Dre on every track he does, Game is just very uncreative in his lyrics.

everyone knows that snoop is affilated with dpg, dre and Dr.. there was no need for him to do it on every song..

and the same goes for eminem and his 'issue' dropping.. we know he doesnt like kim, we know he doesn't like his mom, we know who hallie is, we know that he does drugs, we know that 'dre sent him'.. lol.. and we know that he doesn't like britney spears.

if you don't agree with my statement, then its fine.. but no need to refer to it as idiocy... i mean.. we can always just prove our points by pulling up snoops and eminem's lyrics and ctrl + f and type in the keywords that you find repetiviely in their lyrics..

maybe you should do that first before you consider something idiocy.. ;)