Author Topic: Why was it ok for Snoop to name drop Dre, DPG, and DR on doggystyle but...  (Read 1202 times)

DipsetGeneral

Just curios Plant, who do you think are the 5 best right now?

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Haha, I knew this was gonna be a thread about Game.The answer is pretty simple, Game name drops in every single song he has & like The Watcher asked, how many times has Snoop name dropped???

Lol at even comparing Doggystyle to Documentary. Those 2 shouldnt be named in the same sentence  :P

finally somebody with some damn sense

smp4life

To me, ever since Eminem came out, and yes he changed the game, rappers have been trying to insert pop culture references into their rhymes/ punchlines.  Game takes it to the extreme though. But, i do like the documentary. "Snoop C-walking on the devil's rooftop..."

Also Game > banks, hell Bushwick > Banks.

Also, listen to  Budden's "Dumb Out" that's the shit right there.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Never really noticed the name-dropping on Doggystyle all these years, but I was juss listening to the album today and heard this from Kurupt on 'For All My Niggaz & Bitchez'

'Now who, drops (ruff rhymes) I gots the Juice like 2Pac...'

'Who's jokin?  Rakim never joked, so why should I loc?....'

'Runnin em like Flo Jo, stranded on Death Row.....'

I dun mind name-dropping personally, as long as it's not over the top.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 12:00:55 AM by Nutty »

reguLAtor

Dropping a name like "Flo-Jo" is like using a name like Abe Lincoln.  In 10 years you'll STILL know who the fcck they're talking about.  I guess it depends on the overall popularity/quality of the name.  Name-dropping current pop culture on an album is probably good for radio play and record sales... but in terms of longevity and re-playability, I think it hurts. It has the potential to 'date' the track and make it weaker a few years or shit, even months down the road.  Like if someone dropped a name like Malcolm X vs. Ryan Seacrest... I bet in 10 years people will be scratching their heads wondering who the hell Ryan Seacrest is.  ( Let's hope so at least ) 

$Eg2$

every1 knows u cant talk about Snoop, Dre or the Dpg cuz all these catz get hurt by it.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

well add upp Snoop´s name drops of himself in every song and he´ll be about even with Game :P but i don´t care if either one of them name drops or whatever as long as the music´s dope. and in that department Game has came thru waaaay harder then Snoop in the last year or so.

The Maestro

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Haha, I knew this was gonna be a thread about Game.The answer is pretty simple, Game name drops in every single song he has & like The Watcher asked, how many times has Snoop name dropped???

Lol at even comparing Doggystyle to Documentary. Those 2 shouldnt be named in the same sentence  :P

tell me bout it, the documentary is far betta

hahahaha

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

arsonist

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Shanti Bananas
YALL NEED TO STOP HATING ON GAME. SHIT WHEN FIDDY WAS ON HIS ALBUM, VICE VERSA U WHERE ON HIS DICK. YALL STILL THE SAME OL' 50 CENT DICK RIDERS. I'M BOUT THE WEST COAST, SO FAR HE IS THE ONLY ONE, CAUSE OF GAME WE THE WEST IS FINALLY STARTING TO EAT AGIAN. SOON 50 GONNA HAVE TO RUN SOUTH AFTER LIL EAZY AND THE REST OF THE WEST CLAIM THE THRONE. U KNOW, I HEARD SNOOP WAS DOING SOME IN DIRECT DISSIN TO 50 ON THE END OF BEEF 3. I DOUBT IT, CUZ HE EVEN HELPING THE WEST. BUT, PERIOD FUCK 50, HE ACTING LIKE HE OWN AFTERMATH, AND HE IS DRE BOSS. ALL THE TALKIN IN THE INTERVEIWS, DAMN, DRE IS DUMB HIM SELF LETTING FIF SAY THAT SHIT. FIF EVER COME AROUND ME, MY CLICK IS KILLAS AND WE DONE PUT IN WORK. STILL WE AIN'T SAY HOLLA.

reguLAtor

YALL NEED TO STOP HATING ON GAME. SHIT WHEN FIDDY WAS ON HIS ALBUM, VICE VERSA U WHERE ON HIS DICK. YALL STILL THE SAME OL' 50 CENT DICK RIDERS. I'M BOUT THE WEST COAST, SO FAR HE IS THE ONLY ONE, CAUSE OF GAME WE THE WEST IS FINALLY STARTING TO EAT AGIAN. SOON 50 GONNA HAVE TO RUN SOUTH AFTER LIL EAZY AND THE REST OF THE WEST CLAIM THE THRONE. U KNOW, I HEARD SNOOP WAS DOING SOME IN DIRECT DISSIN TO 50 ON THE END OF BEEF 3. I DOUBT IT, CUZ HE EVEN HELPING THE WEST. BUT, PERIOD FUCK 50, HE ACTING LIKE HE OWN AFTERMATH, AND HE IS DRE BOSS. ALL THE TALKIN IN THE INTERVEIWS, DAMN, DRE IS DUMB HIM SELF LETTING FIF SAY THAT SHIT. FIF EVER COME AROUND ME, MY CLICK IS KILLAS AND WE DONE PUT IN WORK. STILL WE AIN'T SAY HOLLA.

Only one mentioning 50 is YOU.

"THE" MoSav

^^ LoL @ playing innocent, you started the shit, and you also went off-topic:

Im sorry but Jome and Detox need to lay off Game.  Im sorry but no one in the G-Unit camp can even hold Game's jockstrap.

Game > 50, mop, mobbdeep, banks, buck

The best rapper in Gunit is Buck and he is mediocre at best.

LMAO!!! AHAHAHAHAH.  Please tell me you dont think anyone from the Gunit can fuck w/ Joey?  Dude first off Budden is on a whole different level than anyone from the gunit.  Have you ever heard Dumb Out, Three Sides To A Story, Explain My Life? This aint even a opinion if you think Joey is Wack then you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT RAP.  And have you even ever heard Yuk or Cass spit before?  And what about Ya Boy?  Can anyone from the G-Unit camp make a song like 100 bars of crack?  I think not.  I guess you just dont like good music, I like Mitchy alot but you even called his album the best westcoast album of the year hahahaha.  Im sorry but if you think Budden or Yukmouth is wack then you need to WAKE THE FUCK UP.

Can't do anything else than laugh at this.  :laugh:

Typical answer when you get put in youre place  ;)

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

Lol at people saying dont compare Snoop to Game, if anything that comparison isnt fair to Game

People are referring to the Doggystle Snoop vs the current Game.  Don't disrespect Snoop please
look at his top 5 rappers...Im not suprised at his comments.....He just doesnt realize, due mostly to the fact he was prolly only a 2 year old when Doggystyle came out

HAHAHAHAHAHAH ya'll are some hatin faggots.  Listen to Budden before you disrespect him. LOL Plant at you sucking Kurupt and Snoop's dick but making fun of Ya Boy and Yukmouth HAHAHAHAHA.  Have you ever heard Ya Boy spit before?  And laughing at Cassidy hahaha!  Dude dont get fooled by "Hotel"  Cass has skills all over the place.  And how many rappers are 5 out of 5 in making dope records like Cam??  You dont even listen to these rappers so you have NO ROOM TO TALK!  I listen to everything DPG releases so when I say its ass its cause I ACTUALLY LISTENED TO IT.  Grow up Plant there are other rappers besides Snoop and Cube, sorry homie its not 1995 anymore, and no matter how hard you try it aint gonna be 1995 ever again, DEAL WITH IT!
sorry homeboy, I didnt mean to hurt your feelings :-*

BTW, I been bumping Ya Boy all the time lately, I have a copy of Rookie of the Year, I have 3 Camron albums and Cassidys album, so dont try and act like I dont listen to music.....I guarantee you I listen to more shit than youve ever heard of, including rap and non-rap.  And Im sure I speak for the rest of DubCC when I say that Joe Buddens, Cassidy, Ya Boy, Yukmouth and Camron ARE NOT the top 5 rappers out there LMAO

how ignorant can you be? LOL! How do you know? you got a little song counter or something? Everytime you listen to song you click it once or what? Give me a break...
My dad could beat up youre dad i GUARANTEE IT! haha....

The Best of 3 Worlds

Jome

Typical answer when you get put in youre place  ;)

How typical of MoSavThanLegit to quote/co-sign and asskiss a Spice1 post, or vice versa.
Stop dickriding eachother and try having an opinion of your own, maybe you should start seeing eachother outside Dubcc as well ?  :-X

Seriously, if you also think that Joe Budden, Ya Boy, Camron, Yukmouth and Cassidy is the 5 best rappers in the game, then the best of luck to you.  :wavey:

Paul

tell me bout it, the documentary is far betta

dont be gay
funkyfreshintheflesh

youngmessnucca

Im sorry but Jome and Detox need to lay off Game.  Im sorry but no one in the G-Unit camp can even hold Game's jockstrap.

Game > 50, mop, mobbdeep, banks, buck

The best rapper in Gunit is Buck and he is mediocre at best.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Game is a terrible rapper. Banks, Buck, MOP are better. And Snoop works with DPG and Snoop, Game name drops people hes never even worked with, let alone even met. How can you say Game is a good rapper with those aweful generic lyrics. At least MOP and Buck have energy in their lyrics.

Finally, someone sees the light. And to the mororn who started this topic, Snoop shouted out his immediate click on Doggystyle, 96% of Game's rhymes are either a classic quote from a song or name-dropping another person.