Author Topic: Who owns a handgun *netbanger need not apply*  (Read 383 times)

acgrundy

Who owns a handgun *netbanger need not apply*
« on: August 27, 2006, 09:31:25 PM »
I'm thinking about buying one just to shoot for fun at shooting ranges, and God forbid I needed protection in this shithole of a world.

so who has one, and what kind?  how much did you pay and how do you like it?  What would you recomend for someone who has never owned a handgun before?

J Bananas

Re: Who owns a handgun *netbanger need not apply*
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 09:49:49 PM »
i've owned a .38 caliber pistol for the past 5 or 6 years, my pops bought it for me back in high school when he taught me to shoot. im not really into guns too much anymore (even tho i got em), but it's always been fun to take out once in a while and gun down a paper silhouette, here's what mines like (minus rubber grip)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 10:14:20 PM »
I got a pellet gun

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 12:07:43 AM »
I shot an AK juss like the one in yer avatar ^^^ minus the clip the other weekend, was heaps of fun. Shot into some trees, not on purpose, was aiming for a beer bottle, missed it by metres, lol.

And no, I dun own a gun.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 12:09:33 AM by Nutty »

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 03:32:12 AM »
nah man, i aint into guns.. just never liked the idea of owning one

Narrator

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 06:49:21 AM »
I own a Beretta 92FS, 9x19-mm.  I paid $650 for it in 1992, which is FAR higher than what they cost at retail, but the reason I had to pay so much was because somebody else bought it for me (I wasn't 21 back then).

I also used to own a Glock-23, .40 caliber, but I sold it.  I paid about $500 for that.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 09:08:53 AM »
i got a maussberg 12ga pump

Narrator

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 11:02:18 AM »
i got a maussberg 12ga pump

That ain't no handgun, son.

I'm thinking about buying one just to shoot for fun at shooting ranges, and God forbid I needed protection in this shithole of a world.

so who has one, and what kind?  how much did you pay and how do you like it?  What would you recomend for someone who has never owned a handgun before?

If you've never owned a handgun before, your best bet is to join a local shooting club first and get to know people there, and then ask them if they'll let you test out their weapons.

It all depends on the size of your hands.  There's full-size, compacts, and sub-compacts.  For anything high-quality (i.e. Beretta, Glock, SIGARMS, Heckler & Koch, Springfield, Smith & Wesson), expect to pay $500 and up.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 11:05:32 AM by Narrator »

acgrundy

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 04:57:20 PM »
damn I sure as hell ain't lookin to pay $500 for a gun, I looked at the store the other day and saw quite a few for between $250-$400.

Narrator

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 05:24:14 PM »
damn I sure as hell ain't lookin to pay $500 for a gun, I looked at the store the other day and saw quite a few for between $250-$400.

Any specific makes/models?  Also, were they revolvers or semi-autos?

Anything worth having is gonna cost you.  Guns are expensive.  Anything cheap you don't want cause it ain't gonna last.

J Bananas

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 05:25:44 PM »

those are cheap man, as my white-pretending to be mexican-pretending to be black friend above said anything worth having is gonna cost you, DO NOT spend below 400 unless you are planning on roastin some negro and throwing it in a storm drain. it is not worth it

Narrator

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 05:43:34 PM »

those are cheap man, as my white-pretending to be mexican-pretending to be black friend above said anything worth having is gonna cost you, DO NOT spend below 400 unless you are planning on roastin some negro and throwing it in a storm drain. it is not worth it

I still wanna know when the fuck I ever said I was Mexican.  I dunno if I said anywhere that I had a grandfather from Veracruz, but I sure as hell ain't ever claimed to be an ese.

Also, Acgrundy, you wanna make sure that you get something that won't jam on you when you open fire on a crowd of white schoolchildren during the revolution.

acgrundy

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 06:05:35 PM »
well actually if I plan on taking out a crowd I will most likely stick to hand grenades, because they are just so damn cool.

Narrator

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 06:10:39 PM »
well actually if I plan on taking out a crowd I will most likely stick to hand grenades, because they are just so damn cool.

A grenade takes like 5 seconds to explode.  They might run out of its path.  A belt-fed machine gun is what you want.

Logic

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 06:11:05 PM »

Just jump off the Golden Gate Bridge that's a cleaner way out.