Author Topic: Kurupt- Writing  (Read 634 times)

"THE" MoSav

Kurupt- Writing
« on: August 28, 2006, 07:37:55 PM »
Why Cant Kurupt sit down and write a decent track like he did with THATS IT

IMO this is the best song hes done in quite a while, if he did more shit like this people wouldnt hate so much. If he could do that, or write a tight verse for Push Bacc? Why cant he do it more often? He proves HE CAN DO IT...laziness? Crack? i would love nothing more in life to hear Kurupt spit some fire conisistently again!

The Best of 3 Worlds

DipsetGeneral

Re: Kurupt- Writing
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 07:41:12 PM »
Exactly my feelings.  And the 2 tracks that you mentioned are my fav Kurupts tracks in a while.  It just seems like he's not trying hard and thats why I hate sometimes.  I meen he is one of my favorite rappers ever and for most of the time he was hands down my favorite but in the last few years so much has changed.  I dont have the answer either Mosav  :-\  and I agree it's really weird, I would love to see Kurupt address this issue.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 07:43:33 PM »
Exactly my feelings.  And the 2 tracks that you mentioned are my fav Kurupts tracks in a while.  It just seems like he's not trying hard and thats why I hate sometimes.  I meen he is one of my favorite rappers ever and for most of the time he was hands down my favorite but in the last few years so much has changed.  I dont have the answer either Mosav  :-\  and I agree it's really weird, I would love to see Kurupt address this issue.

even the TRIPLE OG REMIX of ONE GUN he killed that verse..or Street Life he sounded good. and on SDDS he some solid tracks, but its too inconsistent, maybe its just too hard for him to do nowadays...I think he isnt HUNGRY AT ALL anymore thats the biggest problem, thats why it kills me when people say how bad he is, cuz we all know he can still do it, THATS IT proved he can, but he just dont....

The Best of 3 Worlds

d-nice

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 08:00:28 PM »
See I did not think that triple og mix was that tight. To me there are 3 types of Kurupt that you get on a track. 1. Wack, 2. rhyming big words together. 3. A actual well written thought out verse. Cali Iz Active verse from Kurupt was a mixture of 1 & 2. Even when he came alright on some tracks it did not make any sense. Same with that og mix. Sounded like on SDDS he took his time more with the tracks. I think all that off the dome freestyling is the reason along with not being hungry. He can't just jump on a track and kill it as much as he used to. Although the killed his freestyle on Rap City last time.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 08:03:29 PM »
"That's It" wasn't even that good lyrically, it was jus better than 90% of the other shiet he released recently.

Nima or somebody, tell Kurupt to get at me. I'll ghostwrite his whole next album for free.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 08:06:35 PM »
"That's It" wasn't even that good lyrically, it was jus better than 90% of the other shiet he released recently.

Nima or somebody, tell Kurupt to get at me. I'll ghostwrite his whole next album for free.

lol, yeah I would love to ghostwrite for Kurupt.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 08:11:54 PM »

yeah it was, he had some tight lines in that song. Not as good as he used to be obviously. And his verse in PUSH BACC Was real tight. And yeah he killed that Rap City Freestyle

The Best of 3 Worlds

westkoastanostra

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 08:30:02 PM »
why dont u just ask him urself? send him fan mail.....

acgrundy

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 09:01:21 PM »
for one, stupid people such as many on this forum continue to buy dpg albums.  He knows that he can write a half ass song in 20 minutes, which will be good enough to fill an album full of half ass material for his groupie fanbase that will continue to buy whatever he drops no matter what.  I cant even count how many times I've seen someone post "I'll cop it for sure" when a thread is made just involving the album title and cover art.  Stop buying his music unless its perfect.  thats the only way you will get kurupt to step his game up, same with daz, and many other washed up rappers.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 09:07:48 PM »

im dead serious about it tho. that nigga baby g is a writer.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 09:11:03 PM »

Im serious to, I am sure I can write better than Kurupt now and I bet you can to

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 09:12:04 PM »
for one, stupid people such as many on this forum continue to buy dpg albums.  He knows that he can write a half ass song in 20 minutes, which will be good enough to fill an album full of half ass material for his groupie fanbase that will continue to buy whatever he drops no matter what.  I cant even count how many times I've seen someone post "I'll cop it for sure" when a thread is made just involving the album title and cover art.  Stop buying his music unless its perfect.  thats the only way you will get kurupt to step his game up, same with daz, and many other washed up rappers.

LOL! yeah right. Perfect? Nobodys shit is PERFECT

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 09:12:50 PM »

Im serious to, I am sure I can write better than Kurupt now and I bet you can to

No you cant

The Best of 3 Worlds

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 09:13:18 PM »

You know how Grundy is ;D

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 09:21:31 PM »

You know how Grundy is ;D

i thought hed like Kurupt..i thought all he liked was westcoast rap  ???

The Best of 3 Worlds