Author Topic: WC Speaks His Mind On Dubcnn [Exclusive 1 Hour Interview Up Now!]  (Read 977 times)

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: WC Speaks His Mind On Dubcnn [Exclusive 1 Hour Interview Up Now!]
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2006, 09:13:46 AM »
Props Nima for the interview with Dub

Dub is one the realest niggaz out there, and probably is the only artist besides Quik who I can say I'm a fan off....I've had a few chances to chop it up with Dub, with the last time being in South Lake Tahoe bacc in July when Cube was performing up there, and Dub keeps it str8 gangsta...Def Jam may have fucc'd up, but "Ghetto Heisman" was str8 bullshyt and thats real talk...Dub came all wrong on that album and I don't know if it was Def Jam or him behind it, but it was some garbage that I didn't expect from him....It's cool he got off Def Jam, cuz that wasn't a good look for him...Dub has improved on the mic over the years and he came with it on the CT experiance mixtape, I haven't heard that dude come that raw since the first Westside Connection album....I think he can hold his own against Cube...I doubt Dub gets a tracc from Dre, it won't hurt to have one, but it's not needed...He'll be wainting another 4 years if he had to wait on that one tracc from Dre, ask Cube....I'm looking forward to the album dropping and I'm hoping he goes out on tour to promote it right....Maybe do a couple of HOB venues or club spots...

Nima, Did Dub say anything about touring to promote the new album?

BTW..Fucc Def Jam

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

firingsquad_pooh

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2006, 10:27:44 AM »
IF ANYONE CAN FIND ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT JAZZY OTHER THEN A VERY BITTER WC POST IT.WC IS ONE OF THE MAIN OLD WEST ARTIST THAT DIDNT WANT JAZZY TO EDUCATE THE NEW WEST ON POINTS ETC.ILL SIDE WITH WC IF YALL CAN SHOW ME IN THE LAST 10 YRS WHERE HE HAS TOOK A LA ARTIST UNDER HIS WINGS TO CARRY THE TORCH FOR THE WEST.MAYBE WC NEVER WANTED TO KEEP THE TORCH LIT HE JUST WANTED TO CLOSE THE DOOR LIKE SOME OF THE REST..............................ALSO ASK WC WHO PUT HIM ON HIS FIRST ALBUM BEAT BOXING LOL..........JAZZY D

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2006, 11:03:48 AM »
For those saying that Dub sounded bitter.. Go check out Scipio's song "Bangin on Em" (or something like that). He starts the song off by saying "You old niggas is done with, let the New West in". Now tell me that's not being disrespectful, you can't be saying that shit man. As a new artist you gotta give props to the OGs who paved their way to even exist in the rap game. If you wanna do it on your own, cool. But don't try to go against them and start disconnecting yourself. Cause that song is what it all started for Dub to be saying that.

And tight interview Nima, props!

You know, I do agree with you absolutely. . .but at the same time, this is hip-hop. It's all about being boastful, youthful and disrespectful to authority. Everyone in hip hop thinks they're the best that did it, you kinda have to. Don't get me wrong, I love and respect the hell outta Dub C, but I think he's taking shit too personal. He kinda sounds like a bitter old man, lol. No one's taking away from his contributions to the West Coast, but at the same time maybe it is time for some of the older dudes to fall back and let the new guys in. As long as the new cats are bringing heat that is. Remember when Pac was callin' out De La for being old and flabby? Even Game on One Blood was like "you 38 and you still rappin?" That's hip-hop. If older rappers don't like it, they either gotta come harder or step to the side.

Semi-Auto

• 'G'
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2006, 01:34:28 PM »
keepin it G
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 01:45:02 PM by Semi-Auto »
GRAB MY BRAND NEW 2013 ALBUM... OG Semi-Auto "FULL METAL JACKET" AVAILABLE NOW at (Itunes) https://itun.es/us/1kcqR & (CDBABY) http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ogsemiauto

GANGSTA SHIT!!!!!

R.I.P. my lil cousin TRACY "TRE" WILLIAMS JR.

Semi-Auto

• 'G'
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2006, 01:44:14 PM »
For those saying that Dub sounded bitter.. Go check out Scipio's song "Bangin on Em" (or something like that). He starts the song off by saying "You old niggas is done with, let the New West in". Now tell me that's not being disrespectful, you can't be saying that shit man. As a new artist you gotta give props to the OGs who paved their way to even exist in the rap game. If you wanna do it on your own, cool. But don't try to go against them and start disconnecting yourself. Cause that song is what it all started for Dub to be saying that.

REAL TALK^^^
GRAB MY BRAND NEW 2013 ALBUM... OG Semi-Auto "FULL METAL JACKET" AVAILABLE NOW at (Itunes) https://itun.es/us/1kcqR & (CDBABY) http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ogsemiauto

GANGSTA SHIT!!!!!

R.I.P. my lil cousin TRACY "TRE" WILLIAMS JR.

The Predator

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2006, 02:18:40 PM »
DubCNN doing big thangs!

Props for another interview with a wescoast O.G.

Im glad ya sked the Cypress Hill beef question. Even though Cube needed no help from dub and still buried Cypress, if Dub was down with West Side connection then he should of been down for his homie.

Aside from Cube, Dub's the only artist on Lench Mob Records so his album is gonna get all the muthafuckin attention and shit.
Ill think Dub will make up for the last solo and WSC record.

Lunatic

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2006, 02:39:25 PM »
DubCNN doing big thangs!

Props for another interview with a wescoast O.G.

Im glad ya sked the Cypress Hill beef question. Even though Cube needed no help from dub and still buried Cypress, if Dub was down with West Side connection then he should of been down for his homie.

Aside from Cube, Dub's the only artist on Lench Mob Records so his album is gonna get all the muthafuckin attention and shit.
Ill think Dub will make up for the last solo and WSC record.

I thought both Ghetto Heisman & Terrorist Threats were dope albums.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 03:42:59 PM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2006, 03:22:41 PM »

You know, I do agree with you absolutely. . .but at the same time, this is hip-hop. It's all about being boastful, youthful and disrespectful to authority. Everyone in hip hop thinks they're the best that did it, you kinda have to. Don't get me wrong, I love and respect the hell outta Dub C, but I think he's taking shit too personal. He kinda sounds like a bitter old man, lol. No one's taking away from his contributions to the West Coast, but at the same time maybe it is time for some of the older dudes to fall back and let the new guys in. As long as the new cats are bringing heat that is. Remember when Pac was callin' out De La for being old and flabby? Even Game on One Blood was like "you 38 and you still rappin?" That's hip-hop. If older rappers don't like it, they either gotta come harder or step to the side.

new kitkats need to build their resume...till then they gotta stop yapping gibberish.  THey don't got credibility.  If these wack new west rappers can at least out beat CHRONIC, or some ice cube tracks like ghetto bird, or bow down ....then let it be known.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

smp4life

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2006, 03:26:36 PM »
I'm a fan of WC, and I'll pick up the new one, but...

1. LOL at a conspiracy being behind Ghetto Heisman flopping.  Yes, DJ screwed it up and I'm sure WC wasn't a priority for them, but conspiracy? C'mon.
2. Ghetto Heisman was a pretty average record to me, had a few good tunes, a few bad ones, and the rest were ok.
3. 2Pac's opinion about Cube being washed up really bugs me.  On 2Pac's early records he was on Cube's dick, HARD.  Even sampling the hell out of Cube.  I don't see how you can go from having an artist being a huge influence on you to just plain disrespecting them.
4. Oh, and WC did come correct on that CT mixtape.

smp4life

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2006, 03:27:49 PM »
new kitkats need to build their resume...till then they gotta stop yapping gibberish.  THey don't got credibility.  If these wack new west rappers can at least out beat CHRONIC, or some ice cube tracks like ghetto bird, or bow down ....then let it be known.

Ever since 50 blew up, everyone wants to come up by dissing.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2006, 03:30:13 PM »

Ever since 50 blew up, everyone wants to come up by dissing.

yeah that too.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

SGV

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2006, 09:19:28 AM »

"These OG's is played out like Atari 
I just call it how I see it, I'm sorry 

You know them young boys packin' them nines
And them OG's wish they was back in they prime 
Yea they heard about yo ass doin' that time
They don't give a fuck, they ain't tryin' ta let ya grind
They don't respect you, they ain't tryin' ta let you shine
In yo head you thinkin' like 'This used to be mine'
"

Although this was written by a dude from Brooklyn (Uncle Murda) and is about street shit, as opposed to the Rap game, it's still relevent to what the New West/Old West. The bold is pretty accurate to the situation. 99% of these old ass Rappers are played the fuck out dudes who wish they were still in the late 80s, early 90s when they were hot. And since they're the OG's and have more pull in this industry, they're not trying to see new cats shine, cuz they're not ready to let go of their "Crown."

I don't think Scipio is wrong for saying what he said. If these old cats aren't respecting him, why should he respect them?

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2006, 09:49:20 AM »

"These OG's is played out like Atari 
I just call it how I see it, I'm sorry 

You know them young boys packin' them nines
And them OG's wish they was back in they prime 
Yea they heard about yo ass doin' that time
They don't give a fuck, they ain't tryin' ta let ya grind
They don't respect you, they ain't tryin' ta let you shine
In yo head you thinkin' like 'This used to be mine'
"

Although this was written by a dude from Brooklyn (Uncle Murda) and is about street shit, as opposed to the Rap game, it's still relevent to what the New West/Old West. The bold is pretty accurate to the situation. 99% of these old ass Rappers are played the fuck out dudes who wish they were still in the late 80s, early 90s when they were hot. And since they're the OG's and have more pull in this industry, they're not trying to see new cats shine, cuz they're not ready to let go of their "Crown."

well..maybe he's right...maybe's wrong.. regardless..it should be all in one.

I don't think Scipio is wrong for saying what he said. If these old cats aren't respecting him, why should he respect them?

Rockstar_619

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2006, 04:46:41 PM »
God damn...this niqqa WC sounds heated as fuck. I thought he was gonna jump through the phone and choke the shit outta Nima.

Brown Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I type with my dick so forgive me for the typos
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2006, 02:21:03 PM »
Seems alot of people dont like the new west...Its funny how no one had a problem with these "new west" rappers till some of them started getting a buzz.

The New west rappers are trying to get there shit and they all help eachother. Its about time for some new heat from the west. you cant still be rapping @ 50 guys comon.....