Author Topic: The WACK emcees!!!  (Read 1146 times)

1980DRE

• 'G'
  • Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week...
The WACK emcees!!!
« on: August 29, 2006, 01:55:38 PM »
If there was a rap trio group called "The WACK Emcees.", which rappers would you put  in that group?

imna  put
Kevin Federline, Jkwon, Tony Yayo....

Cowboy

Re: The WACK emcees!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 03:37:57 PM »
Chingo Bling, Yung Joc, Gucci Mane

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 04:05:25 PM »
dpg, e40, ghostface, abunch of cats from the west

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 04:10:09 PM »
^^^^e-40? :nawty:

mine would be,   Rick Ross, Sean Paul, Chingy, Nelly, and Yung Joc.  Man those 5 suck, Nelly used to be good but he's trash now.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 05:41:56 PM »
They're Called Dipset

suckaa free

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 07:41:54 PM »
spider loc, rick ross, mike jones, jay-z, paul wall.

$Eg2$

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 07:49:22 PM »
They're Called Dipset

LOL

I gotta go wit YUng Joc, Mr Capone-e- Tony Yayo, Hot Rod, spider Loc and Hey Kanye stick to producin and ya main man Jim Jones

westkoastanostra

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 12:20:19 AM »
They're Called Dipset

loon, camron, mase...a deadly boring ass duo that would put u to sleep like horse tranquilizer

westkoastanostra

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 12:21:07 AM »
^^^add fabolous on there too....

J Bananas

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 12:22:31 AM »
tupac, will smith, vanilla ice

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 12:30:40 AM »
Jim Jones, Paul Wall, Bow Wow.

smp4life

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 10:52:23 AM »
B-Legit, Bizarre, Daz

Narrator

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 12:15:33 PM »
Not surprisingly, everyone's listing rappers from the past few years like there wasn't a lot of wackness before then.

I remember the days when it was almost impossible to find anyone outside of the mainstream who respected Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.  It's kinda ironic to me that they've developed such a huge cult following since.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2006, 02:40:05 PM »
They're Called Dipset

loon, camron, mase...a deadly boring ass duo that would put u to sleep like horse tranquilizer

LOL so true, and I can't believe nobody mentioned The Game. I'd also have to put Trina, Lil' Kim and ALOT of Bay rappers. Jim Jones is trash too.

And Bone Thugs always got respect. Bizzy & Krazyie were some of the top lyricsts of there genre.

Narrator

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 06:30:21 PM »
And Bone Thugs always got respect. Bizzy & Krazyie were some of the top lyricsts of there genre.

You kidding me?  Ten years ago, cats used to talk about Bone the same way y'all talk about Nelly or Yung Joc or anyone in G-Unit.  They got some love in the West cause they were down with Eazy and cause most of their production was G-Funk, but just about everywhere else, they were considered the epitome of everything wrong with hip-hop, the commercial pop-thugs of the moment that everyone loved to hate.  I remember when I used to post on Steve "Flash" Juon's site (one of the first online hip-hop message boards, BTW), cats would trip off on me cause I said I liked Bone when they were all bumpin Digable Planets and De La Soul and their old PE tapes.  If you said you liked Bone back then, you usually had to justify it by saying, "Ah, they're a guilty pleasure", not that you respected them as artists who had their own unique style.  Niggas would look at you like you was fuckin crazy if you said that.

So no, Bone almost never got respect back in the day.  I never would've figured that a decade later, everybody would be talking about "E 1999 Eternal" in the same breath as "Doggystyle" or "Ready To Die" as one of the best hip-hop albums of the 90s.  It just goes to show you how everyone's always looking for rappers to scapegoat for the state of hip-hop, when the truth is that that's been going on since forever.

And BTW, I would hardly call either Bizzy or Krayzie "top lyricists".  They did show some growth on their solo albums (especially Krayzie's "Thug On Da Line" record), but Bone was always far more about style than substance.  They did what they did really well, but don't get it twisted - none of them niggas can be called "lyricists" by any stretch of imagination.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 06:32:01 PM by Ellsworth "Bumpy" Johnson »