Author Topic: ***The Official Crooked I - "Say Dr. Dre" Thread***  (Read 10233 times)

Jakubs

AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

Wild_Elmo

Re: Crooked I - Say Dr. Dre
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 10:16:31 PM »
I hope Dre rejected this wack ass shit. Crooked could have came with something doper than that. You would think if he was trying to impress someone like Dre he would come with something better.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 10:18:48 PM by elmizzy »

J Bananas

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 10:20:23 PM »
this is tight! makes me wanna load up the bb gun and go pull a driveby

rik

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2006, 10:20:28 PM »
I hope Dre rejected this wack ass shit. Crooked could have came with something doper than that. You would think if he was trying to impress someone like Dre he would come with something better.

Although I liked it, maybe Dre did reject it and that's why it got leaked.

XaNdEr

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2006, 11:26:39 PM »
this aint detox material, its just leftovers or its just a beginning of a track, nothing really official

acgrundy

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2006, 11:51:05 PM »

word I hope this was not intended for detox, because if this is an example of what detox is supposed to be then I fa sho will be dissapointed.

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2006, 12:07:58 AM »

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 12:39:43 AM »
I like the track but it sure doesn't sound like no Detox material.But like Detox Is Not Not Coming said this is probably just a Crooked I track with one of his in-house producers on the beat
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2006, 01:48:45 AM »
This was most likely intended as a ghost written rap for Dre and the Detox album.

The beat is kinda wack, but the lyrics are fire. My guess is that Dre puts a skeleton beat or a replacement beat instead of the real one in case something like this happens where it leaks so he doesn't have to throw away the beat.

Wow....I didn't read a single post, and just downloaded the song....and I had already written two damn paragraphs saying that, but just in depth!

But yeah........aside from that, I was saying that this song leaked and/or won't be used for one of the following reasons....

1. Dre liked it, but felt that it sounded too much like somethin Jay or Hittman wrote for 2001. He may have felt Crooked doing his flow at that level may have made it sound TOO MUCH like "Dre" and he may be trying to come with something different.  U know 75% of the verses he's had since that dropped sounded similar...."I brought Chronic to the game" "y'all cats owe me".....so maybe Dre said "nah....I want just a regular song with somethin complex like you always do it" because Crooked hella simplified his flow for this track.

2. Crooked I knew the song would be major, so he charged Dre a very, very, very high price, and Dre didn't feel it was worth that much money.

3. Crooked is ghost writin a song for Dre on Detox, and he may have submitted 2-5 songs, and this could just be one that Dre didn't select, so they put it up to stimulate Detox talk.

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Whos Next?
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 01:56:41 AM »
yes its true, this was a ghostwritten song for detox thats why crooked did not want to speak on it during the interview.

all dre has to do is rap over crooked voice & take his flow. with pro tools u can delete crooks vocals. leaving dre vocals over the beat. game did that for the chorus on "church for thugs".. that was 50 who wrote chorus. he also recorded his vocals and game just recorded his vocals over it.

not feeling the beat. i think for a classic like detox the beat could've been alot better.

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 02:04:16 AM »
I like this song and I'm feelin the beat, this is my style I like the grimey sound to it.  And yea obviousley this was ghostwritten for Dre anyone that didnt notice that right away needs help.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2006, 02:12:24 AM »
yes its true, this was a ghostwritten song for detox thats why crooked did not want to speak on it during the interview.

all dre has to do is rap over crooked voice & take his flow. with pro tools u can delete crooks vocals. leaving dre vocals over the beat. game did that for the chorus on "church for thugs".. that was 50 who wrote chorus. he also recorded his vocals and game just recorded his vocals over it.

not feeling the beat. i think for a classic like detox the beat could've been alot better.

I definitely don't think this was the beat they meant to use....I think Crook just grabbed a beat close to him to record to just to give Dre a skeleton. I am 110% sure that beat wasn't touched by Dre and had no way in the world of being on Detox.

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2006, 02:14:19 AM »
^^^You might be right, good chance you are, however I think this beat was real nice.

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2006, 02:33:07 AM »
def ghost written, why would crook claim compton? hes from long beach. "compliments of the way i produce beats"

SoCal Iz Active

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2006, 02:54:05 AM »
This is DOPE.