Author Topic: 50 Cent = George W Bush?  (Read 2839 times)

Sikotic™

50 Cent = George W Bush?
« on: September 01, 2006, 01:16:26 AM »
"You wanna know something? I actually like George W. Bush. In some ways, I'm the George W Bush of hip hop - nobody likes me, but I'm still gonna run it for the next four years."

- 50 Cent
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

DipsetGeneral

Re: 50 Cent = George W Bush?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 01:18:47 AM »
Dude is a joke. He can't rap anymore, his click lost all their buzz, very very sad.  Oh well there wasnt enough room for the Dips and GUNit in NY anyway so its good to see who came out on top.  Back to the subject, what a stupid thing to say, he's such a fuckin asshole.

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 01:20:07 AM »
As much as I dislike 50, I like that quote. I can;t deny how gangsta that shit is.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 01:24:07 AM »
^^^But SIK he aint running shit! How can he say he will be for the next 4 years?  People dont respect his skills on the mic and he has NO STREET CRED!  Massacre flopped it sold half of what GRODT did so that means it flopped (which is why he made the dvd w/ all the videos).  People dog Cam for not going gold in a few months when he had Little to NO promotion, while 50 has more promotion then anyone and his latest album sold half of what the first one did, pathetic.

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 01:27:24 AM »
^^^But SIK he aint running shit! How can he say he will be for the next 4 years?  People dont respect his skills on the mic and he has NO STREET CRED!  Massacre flopped it sold half of what GRODT did so that means it flopped (which is why he made the dvd w/ all the videos).  People dog Cam for not going gold in a few months when he had Little to NO promotion, while 50 has more promotion then anyone and his latest album sold half of what the first one did, pathetic.
That was some Malcom X shit. When you speak the truth, you speak the truth, my man.

+1

THA SAUCE HOUSE

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 01:29:30 AM »
 ;)     dude knows how to make money no doubt but imo you cant run shit w/out skills.  I think he will still be around and popular 4 years from now but then again its hard to say cause it seems like the last year or so they have been losing momentum left and right.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 01:32:26 AM by DipsetGeneral »

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 01:55:34 AM »
Massacre flopped it sold half of what GRODT did so that means it flopped

Nice logic. Thats such bs. I'm sure everyone at Interscope was like "Shit... only 6 million! He was only the second highest selling artist of THAT YEAR" You can't compare album sales across years. The industry is alot different now then 4 years ago. You think selling the second highest amount of records sold that year is a flop? Wow...

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 01:57:56 AM »
^^With the promotion it got yes it flopped, end of story, period.

chronic01

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • StR8 Westcoast
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 02:13:45 AM »
he made a lot more money than what was spent on his album
therefore in the world of business a high return of profit does not equal a flop
so no he did not flop

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 02:17:10 AM »
^^^nah thats wrong.  He made more money cause all the other shit he has like endorsments and that type of shit, I promise you regardless of what he says he spent just as much making the album as he got in return.  Try again doggie

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 03:22:35 AM »
^^^nah thats wrong.  He made more money cause all the other shit he has like endorsments and that type of shit, I promise you regardless of what he says he spent just as much making the album as he got in return.  Try again doggie

yeah because you work at interscope, kaynes late reg needed 2.5mil to break even, and that album was musically good, where the massacre was just 50 and different beats, little studio time compared to kaynes album, probably took less time

and you're saying 6 mil isnt enough to make profit off?

you're on crack nigga

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 03:44:02 AM »
Lol at 50 flopping with Massacre. He sold 6 millions lol. And like Jip said he did it fast, besides Dre and Storch the producers were "unknown" in house producers.

Lets not forget that he only had 3 videos becuase he started building hype for Yayo and GRODT Ost. He said he'd put out God Gave Me Style and Get In My Car as the next 2 videos. Who knows how much he would have sold if he did that. Mariah had like 6,7 videos and sold as much as 50 did.

That statement is cocky as fuck but its true. Hes gonna be here for a while, GUnit aint.

5 rappers that gonna sell nomatter what they put out: Jay, Em, 50, Nelly and Snoop.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 03:46:54 AM by Detox is not not coming... »

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 04:44:31 AM »
i thought the comparison between the 2 was gonna be to do with the fact that both seem to enjoy declaring war on people for no reason  :-\

good post tho btw

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

herpes

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 06:55:36 AM »
50 with no buzz lol... dude still runs ny and banks has a big buzz right now and hes going go plat.  You ask some random cat in nyc whose album they are looking foward to they goin say banks new joint. 

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 08:09:58 AM »
i thought the comparison between the 2 was gonna be to do with the fact that both seem to enjoy declaring war on people for no reason  :-\

LOL, hit the nail on the head there