Author Topic: Best hip-hip artist to come out in the last 5 years???????  (Read 433 times)

teecee

Best hip-hip artist to come out in the last 5 years???????
« on: September 03, 2006, 08:22:37 PM »
Think of quality of the music they put out and impact on the game, and it can only be one dude:  KANYE WEST.

I am not saying he is the best MC or producer, but who has brought more to mainstream hiphop than Kanye.  He's been the most important new artist, if not the most important artist period, so it's pretty hard to argue................

What ya'll think, who's the best to come out in the last 5 years?  Who has played a major role in a classic album or two, who has done something to change the game????????

DipsetGeneral

Re: Best hip-hip artist to come out in the last 5 years???????
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 08:39:22 PM »
Kanye only has 1 good song imo the rest is trash (besides Down And Out which he produced).

For me its honestly Juelz.  The impact he has had in the last 5 years is pretty damn big.  Cassidy is the shit no doubt he is unfuckwitable but Im going with Santana

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 08:40:35 PM »
Kanye only has 1 good song imo the rest is trash (besides Down And Out which he produced).

For me its honestly Juelz.  The impact he has had in the last 5 years is pretty damn big.  Cassidy is the shit no doubt he is unfuckwitable but Im going with Santana
i bet that song is gone.

my vote goes to the solo birdman

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 08:42:55 PM »
^^Its actually "Diamonds Are Forever" I loved that track that was real hip hop, but overall dude is as overated as a artist can be.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 08:46:04 PM »
^^Its actually "Diamonds Are Forever" I loved that track that was real hip hop, but overall dude is as overated as a artist can be.
gone is miles ahead of diamonds. but i think that down and out is pure crack. do you have any of the tracks he did with sas?

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 08:47:43 PM »
gone is miles ahead of diamonds. but i think that down and out is pure crack. do you have any of the tracks he did with sas?

nah sorry.  Yeah Down and Out was great but most of that was due to Killa.  Can you hook up "Gone"   I dont have it on my media player anymore.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 08:51:22 PM »
come to think about it, when did luda come out?

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 08:53:11 PM »
come to think about it, when did luda come out?

I think around 00 or 01 I could be way off though.  He aint bad but I think Juelz is wayyy better.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 08:54:36 PM »
 October 17, 2000.-  just outof the cut off date
the track is comming soon

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 08:55:55 PM »
^^thanks man, when did Weezy first hit the scene?

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 08:56:39 PM »

BigBDrugStores

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 08:57:48 PM »
lol damn, I was thinking 95 or 96, man he's been putting in work for a while

BigBDrugStores

teecee

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2006, 09:00:09 PM »

nah sorry.  Yeah Down and Out was great but most of that was due to Killa.  Can you hook up "Gone"   I dont have it on my media player anymore.

You know what man, whatever your opinion with is cool with me, but what real impact has Juelz had on the game??? Has he made anyone else copy his shit, his type of music?  To me, dude has had ZERO impact, unless you are a Dipset fanatic.

And DOWN and OUT was an incredible song, Cam killed that shit.  But dude, that is one of Kanye's best beats ever, and this is generally agreed upon, so to say its dope only cuz of Cam's rapping is a little farfetched.

And you gotta bump GONE, the production is BANANAS dude, and i think you'd admit COnsequence kills Cam on there ("knock knock/who's there? killa cam, killa who?"""  

and i'm not a huge Ludacris fan, but when we talk about impact, can it even be argued that Luda>>> Juelz?????

And yo, if Kanye has only one good song, you must not be counting this shit he produces for other people, right?