Author Topic: HAARP  (Read 174 times)

J Bananas

HAARP
« on: September 04, 2006, 04:57:38 PM »
It's called the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Project. What could be more innocuous than researching the Northern Lights, right?

Depends on who you ask.

HAARP is a research program based in Alaska to "study the ionosphere" and aurora effects in the atmosphere. It's run jointly by the Air Force and the Navy. If you're wondering why the Air Force and the Navy care about aurorae, you're not the only one.

There is, of course, a perfectly reasonable explanation. According to HAARP (which unlike many insidious government conspiracies, has its own Web site), "Because the DoD (Depoartment of Defense) operates numerous communication and navigation systems whose signals either depend on reflection from the ionosphere or must pass through the ionosphere to satellites, there is obvious DoD interest in understanding the ionosphere's effect on these systems to improve their reliability and performance."

Now that we've got the reasonableness out of the way, lets look at why HAARP is up there with Area 51 in terms of conspiratorial splendor.

First off, there's the basic nature of the project. It's scores of radio antenna pumping massive high-frequency directional broadcasts into the air for the purpose of heating the ionosphere. Yes, that's right — it's blasting electromagnetic radiation into the sky to "microwave" the outer layer atmosphere. Starting to sound less innocuous?

Some people, purporting to be government employees with privileged information, have claimed that HAARP is actually some sort of massive destructor beam for a nefarious purpose.

HAARP claims that the supposed 3,600 kilowatts of energy originating from the project are completely harmless (detractors claim it's more like a gigawatt) and far less than the normal variation in ionospheric radiation. Which raises the question of why they don't just study those normal variations.

The claims about HAARP made by these ubiquitous people-in-the-know boil down to the following bullet points:

# HAARP is a giant death ray, based on a design contained in the notes of inventor Nikola Tesla, seized by the FBI after his death. This is a very popular theory, probably because so much of it is actually true. Tesla claimed to have developed a death ray with a very similar configuration to HAARP's actual configuration, and the seizure of his scientific papers is a matter of public record.
# HAARP is a weather-control machine. There's a certain logic to this one as well. If a butterfly's wings beating in Tibet can cause el Nino, then a gigawatt of electromagnetic radiation ought to be good for something.
# HAARP is an earthquake machine. Also based on a bunch of weird stuff Tesla discovered. Somewhat offset by the fact the HAARP array is clearly pointed at the sky.
# HAARP is a doomsday machine ripping a hole in the earth's atmosphere. Colorful, but scienfitically questionable. How do you rip a hole in air?
# HAARP has something to do with UFOs. Either signalling them, blasting them from the skies, or feeding babies to them.
# HAARP is a giant Mind Control broadcasting machine. Appealing, but if it works, why are people still such assholes?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: HAARP
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 05:37:01 PM »
Where can I sign up? I wanna be a member of those niggas. It must be entertaining as fuck to be some dude affiliated with that HAARP shit.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 05:50:51 PM »
Damn thats crazy a death ray, weather machine, creates earthquakes, and mind control device, awesome.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 05:55:28 PM »
If I wasn't broke as fuck I'd fuckin buy that shit.
No, it's not a sin

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 06:00:30 PM »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 06:04:26 PM »
::)

Why the fuck you're rolling your fucking eyes over, son? Death ray, weather machine, earthquakes at will, mind control.. you gotta be a faggot to hate on that shit.
No, it's not a sin

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 06:07:35 PM »
::)

Why the fuck you're rolling your fucking eyes over, son? Death ray, weather machine, earthquakes at will, mind control.. you gotta be a faggot to hate on that shit.
Im not hating on it, I'm rolling my eyes at you saying if u werent broke ud but that shit, dont think u would be able to afford it, and i'm sure its not for sale.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 06:12:52 PM »
LoL of course not, I was just doin' some funky talk
No, it's not a sin

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 06:39:04 PM »
LoL of course not, I was just doin' some funky talk
Yea I knew there was sarcasm there, thats why I did this ::) instead of saying some bullshit.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 07:49:22 PM »
# HAARP is a weather-control machine. There's a certain logic to this one as well. If a butterfly's wings beating in Tibet can cause el Nino, then a gigawatt of electromagnetic radiation ought to be good for something.

Jesus fucking christ, this is an outrage.  Does nobody see the direct correlation of this project with the crazy weather occurances lately??? Hurricane Katrina, Tsunami's, earthquakes...

It's time to fucking wake up people.  How much longer are the idiots in the US gonna stick their heads in the sand and act like nothing is going on?  Some people fear the truth.  Fucking unbelievable. 

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 07:59:35 PM »

Jesus fucking christ, this is an outrage.  Does nobody see the direct correlation of this project with the crazy weather occurances lately??? Hurricane Katrina, Tsunami's, earthquakes...

It's time to fucking wake up people.  How much longer are the idiots in the US gonna stick their heads in the sand and act like nothing is going on?  Some people fear the truth.  Fucking unbelievable. 
Damn, never thought about it like that. This HAARP thing is some crazy shit.

The Kryptonian

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 02:54:48 PM »
yea, Tesla did all kinds of things when he was alive. dude was brilliant as a scientist. the rumor has been that the Russians for years have been picking up where Tesla left of with the Ionic type research. dunno if its true though ...