Author Topic: What is Eminem up to nowdays?  (Read 447 times)

Doggystylin

What is Eminem up to nowdays?
« on: September 04, 2006, 07:46:33 PM »
After Encore we thought he was gonna retire. Then he put out that Curtain Call Greatest Hits thing. Here and there he's had guest appearences. But besides that theres really been no news of him lately. WTF is he doing? Did he actually retire? Is he working on a new album? New D12?

Cause people say he's fallen off but we all know he didn't put an ounce of effort into Encore, now what for? who knows but when you hear songs like "My First Single" you get the feeling that hes basically saying I don't have to do shit and I can still make money. I can puke, shit and fart and still sell. Anyways who cares thats over, I just hope we get some new Em soon...its been 2 years since Encore.

J Bananas

Re: What is Eminem up to nowdays?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 08:11:40 PM »
i saw him at the woolrich outlet the other day, picking up socks

herpes

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 08:13:07 PM »
After Encore we thought he was gonna retire. Then he put out that Curtain Call Greatest Hits thing. Here and there he's had guest appearences. But besides that theres really been no news of him lately. WTF is he doing? Did he actually retire? Is he working on a new album? New D12?

Cause people say he's fallen off but we all know he didn't put an ounce of effort into Encore, now what for? who knows but when you hear songs like "My First Single" you get the feeling that hes basically saying I don't have to do shit and I can still make money. I can puke, shit and fart and still sell. Anyways who cares thats over, I just hope we get some new Em soon...its been 2 years since Encore.
somebody was watchin 8 mile on VH1 lol

SGV

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 10:12:43 PM »

No we don't know that. What we do know is that the album was garbage and there's no excuses to be made.

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 10:17:20 PM »

No we don't know that. What we do know is that the album was garbage and there's no excuses to be made.

THANK YOU! For all we know he put in all his effort on Encore and it was still horrid, STOP MAKING EXCUSES!  Dude is done, he ran out of shit to rap about.  You can only clown your mom and talk about Hailey for so long.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 06:42:11 PM by DipsetGeneral »

Doggystylin

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 10:34:29 PM »
lmao @ clownin em cause of his subject matter, please....atleast hes original, look at the subject matter of 90% of the rappers out there and its all the same old shit we've been hearing since the 90s

you think hes fallen off, i dont, only another album will tell if he really has fallen off

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 10:40:56 PM »
lmao @ clownin em cause of his subject matter, please....atleast hes original, look at the subject matter of 90% of the rappers out there and its all the same old shit we've been hearing since the 90s

you think hes fallen off, i dont, only another album will tell if he really has fallen off

Yup you are right, if the next album is tight then Encore was a one time thing and he still has it, however if his next album is putrid like Encore then he has fallen off big time and it can't be argued.

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 10:45:43 PM »
Fair enough doggy

wcsoldier

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 01:17:30 AM »
Em started to fall off with "D12 world".. I can't stand his lyrics , flow and the way his voice sounds anymore since this moment

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 02:22:18 AM »
encore sounded unfocused and you could tell he was trying to be provocative still and controvercial , but all in all he wasn't feeling it, the best tracks on encore were the ones where he  was getting personal....i.e. mockingbird. IMO that's why he took the break he has to get his life back together before he can start falling back in love with hip hop again, proofs murder ain't helping much either with that process

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Diabolical

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 04:06:29 AM »
You can talk abouit your 'mom' more than you can pink shirts.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 05:39:38 AM »
lol@groupies defending his subject matter and claiming he didnt put no effort into encore..............

his album was wack and his subject matter is played out,limited and wack

nuttin mo to say

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 07:03:36 AM »
Somebody took a lot of time in making this video and I think it turned out pretty good
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 08:42:08 AM »
I can't see him returning to rapping anytime soon. Any casual fan can understand that he's been through a lot recently: Proof's murder; the sleeping pill addiction; divorce from Kim; etc. He'll probably continue to make the odd guest appearance and work behind the scenes, but I'd wager that making another album isn't high on his priorities right now. Maybe I'm wrong.

Oh, and one shit album ("Encore") doesn't counteract three amazing efforts: "The Slim Shady LP", "Marshall Mathers LP", and "Eminem Show" are all great in their own right. Granted, however, that the last time he really came with it was probably on "Cheers". HIs verse on "Lady" was immense.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 08:44:08 AM by DPG2K6 Remains Active! »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

'EclipZe

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 09:28:00 AM »
i think the next album will be in the style of shake that ass and his tribute to smack that from akon.