Author Topic: DJ QUICK - BALANCE AND OPTIONS  (Read 1789 times)

tempo2

DJ QUICK - BALANCE AND OPTIONS
« on: September 08, 2006, 09:27:03 AM »
OK here's the story. I know alot of you guys on here really really like this guys music and after listening to numerous peoples opinions about him over the years i decided to buy an album of his for myself. the album i bought was balance and options, ive been an avid hip hop fan for ten years bearing in mind.

and i can honestley say the album is brilliant and the propduction is dope. ive recentley just became sick of the recent hip hop which lacks direction and inovation and this album has just really freshened me up again.

any way just a few thoughts.

'EclipZe

Re: DJ QUICK - BALANCE AND OPTIONS
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 09:30:12 AM »
quiksta's best album imo. the beats are all motherfucking dope, pitch in on a party, sexuality, Did Y'All Feel Dat ? , The Divorce Song are my favs.

tempo2

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 09:32:57 AM »
yeah pitch in on a party is hella dope. what album would you say is up there with this one that his done?

'EclipZe

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 09:46:26 AM »
safe & sound. that album is on sum smooth shit bro.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 09:48:58 AM »
just so you know it's DJ Quik not Quick

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 10:00:55 AM »
i love this cd....

if there were no covers and skits, think how pure and sweet this album would have been
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

rik

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 10:03:57 AM »
Gret CD probably my favorite Quik CD along with "Trauma". Shit man any Quik CD is worth getting but if you're looking for one go with either "Safe + Sound" or "Trauma" oh yeah "Rhythm-al-ism" is also a great album.

Regime Mob - Yuk

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 10:30:32 AM »
This is one of my 3 favorite Quik albums ever.  Its pure genius, the outro on the album is amazing, the whole album bangs.

rik

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 10:34:33 AM »
This is one of my 3 favorite Quik albums ever.  Its pure genius, the outro on the album is amazing, the whole album bangs.

:o at the outro. I wish he would have used that beat for an actual song, or made it longer.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 10:42:31 AM »
Yeah, I like this album a lot too. I think it's hella underrated though...
Btw, buy Safe + Sound  and while you're at it, cop Rhythm-al-ism. You won't be disappointed.

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 11:13:51 AM »
"Balance and Options" is cool, I wasn't feeling it at first, but it grew on me....My personal favs are "Way 2 Fonky" & "Safe and Sound"..The "Way 2 Fonky" album is one of those albums I can listen to the whole way through with skipping a tracc..."Balance and Options" is one of those albums were Quik was trying to get away from the gangsta image he had built up with his first 3 records and he was trying to be on some cool, fly shyt...The only album Quik dissapointed on was "Under Tha Influence", which is complete and utter garbage...Sound quality alone kills the album, along with a lot of more misses than hits...

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

Smoke

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 11:54:07 AM »
THE OUTRO of this cd is WONDERFUL
what a beatufiul beat

westkoastanostra

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 12:01:52 PM »
yea that one, rhythm-al-ism and trauma are my favorite quik cds.....

Regime Mob - Yuk

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 12:20:17 PM »

:o at the outro. I wish he would have used that beat for an actual song, or made it longer.

yup me to. That outro is unreal, I am with you I have always wished Quik made it into a actual song.  Do it for your next LP Quik!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 12:30:42 PM »
Well my favorite album is Safe and sound its so gangsta lol i love it.

Then id have to say rhytymalism, Trauma then b  and a its a good record but i dont know somethingabout it i cant pu my fingertip on i like less then the others.

The production is hella itght tho the beats too, its different.