Author Topic: To Most_homo and others....E.1999 Eternal Impacts  (Read 421 times)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
To Most_homo and others....E.1999 Eternal Impacts
« on: December 24, 2001, 07:27:36 AM »
Ok, Since Yall been all over my nuts bout this little debate...........Ima post some facts............

Straight outta Bone Thugs Biographies..........Please read carefully then judge.........

*When Bone Thugs-N-Harmony first exploded on the rap scene in 1994 with their fast rhymes, harmonious choruses, ominous G-funk, and gangsta attitude, no one knew whether the uncanny Cleveland group were for real or if they were a novelty success. After all, at this point in time, only a couple of rap groups outside of New York or California had been able to prove themselves on a succesful level. By the time their first full-length album, E 1999 Eternal, dropped a year later, it not only debuted at number one but also proved to be one of the decades most important and enduring albums. While other rap groups struggled to break away from the cliches first forged by NWA, Public Enemy, Boogie Down Productions, 2 Live Crew, and LL Cool J in the late '80s, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony were one of the few groups able to carve out their own stylistic niche, an inimitable myriad of urban sounds with a strong ghetto attitude. Yet following the unprecedented success of E 1999 Eternal and, more so, the Grammy-winning success of "Tha Crossroads. Proving that the group was more than a mere novelty. Initially driven by the success of the first two singles from E 1999 Eternal, "1st of tha Month" and "East 1999," the album was then catapulted to multi-platinum success thanks to the amazing success of "Tha Crossroads," a heartfelt song, and a cross-over of all fans, The single was actually so popular that it tied the Beatles' 32-year-old record for the fastest-rising single and remained at the number one spot for eight weeks before eventually winning the group the 1996 Grammy for best rap performance.
Another vital point was that Bone Thugs N Harmony stayed true to their roots and did not just make some song to reach their music commercial.
East 1999 Eternal Will always be remembered as one of the best albums to ever be produced in Hip-Hop history. Not just because it was raw or heart-felt but because of the timing and the impacts it had in the Hip Hop world.

By the way Bone Thugs never made a song to go commercial, They alwayz stayed real and the fame and success came natural.

And pleez dont start calling me a dickrider again, U asked me a million times to show u impacts and there they were..........Goddamm.........Whenever peeps talk about Bone on this board it alwayz brings drama........I dunno wassup wit dat........

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Doggystylin

Re: To Minoritism and others....E.1999 Eternal Imp
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2001, 07:44:22 AM »
keepin it real^^^^^

and notice that....bone has always stayed true and never sold out..in the begining they never had no women  no ice no cars or any of that shit in their videos..and they STILL dont....now thats real
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2001, 08:21:52 AM »
keepin it real^^^^^

and notice that....bone has always stayed true and never sold out..in the begining they never had no women  no ice no cars or any of that shit in their videos..and they STILL dont....now thats real

True

NEW_MINORITY

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2001, 08:57:38 AM »
ok ok NOW FINALLY i can respect your opinion since you have came correct by literally explaining to me instead of calling me out with those rolling eyes bullshit but that doesn't mean this album is classic you know why???? cuz when you read that shit you put out it basically say bone debuted at #1 on the billboard chart, won grammy, tied singles chart with the beetles......so FINALLY i PROVED you wrong since bone HAD no impact except in the sales chart category....which doesn't make an album classic.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NEW_MINORITY

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2001, 09:20:40 AM »
keepin it real^^^^^

HAHAHAHAHA that was VERY ignorant..........bone NEVER EVER EVER EVER had any women in their videos huh???? yeah...... ::)

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2001, 09:22:51 AM »
The 7th's on point.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Joachim

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2001, 10:21:45 AM »
By the way Bone Thugs never made a song to go commercial, They alwayz stayed real and the fame and success came natural.

BTNH Resurrection was commercial as fuck imo.

But back to the point E 1999 Eternal is classic no question.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2001, 10:32:21 AM »
minority you talk about how Bone thugs stole there style from twista an 3-6 mafia,  but yet tha same thing could be said for NWA,  ice-t was doin tha gangsta shit b4 them.  But tha thing NWA an Bone thugs were tha first ones to blow that style of rap tha fuck up.  Also when rappers make tribute songs,  tha crossroads is tha song that they are always compared to

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2001, 01:34:56 PM »
The 7th broke it down pretty well, but im gonna add some more shit that proves E.1999 Eternal is a classic.........

First off, this album has been bitten NUMEROUS times, and IT IS the blueprint for which all midwest albums of today are measured by. Even Tech9nine [mad respect] used E.1999 Eternal as a blueprint for making his last album. The sales have little to do with the impact of this album, other then the important fact that it was the VERY first album [besides Creepin] from the midwest to gain commercial success, thus putting the midwest on the map. Whats more important is the sound that it brought to hip hop. After this album came out, EVERYONE tried using this style AT LEAST once. Even Outkast, Nas, and Biggie have tried to use Bone's formula at least once, and they arent even from the midwest!! When people think of important midwest albums, E.1999 Eternal is almost alwayz the first one that comes to mind. How the fuck can Physco Drama, Twista, do or die, and Crucial Conflict be better than Bone when they were the ones who used E.1999 Eternal to make their formula?? Sure, Twista may have been speed rappin before Bone was, but he didnt start putting harmony into his music until AFTER E.1999 Eternal came out. Aside from all the impact, the album itself is AMAZING. This album is a movie on wax, straight up, and everyone else from the midwest has yet to put out something of this caliber. The production is FLAWLESS, and unlike most rap albums, it was used with REAL instruments instead of bullshit-ass drum machines, thanx to Tony C, who produced most of the album {Uneek wasnt involved as much as most people think]. A greatly orchestrated album. The album has NO filler either, I can listen to it all the way through........all the songs flow into eachother beautifully. Another sign of this album being a classic is the fact that people STILL buy it today. When an album sells alot 6 years after its release, especially a rap album, there HAS to be something special about it, and its more than likely considered to be classic material. Most rap albums are lucky if they stay on the charts for 50 weeks. E.1999 Eternal has been on the charts for OVER 300 weeks.......an accomplishment few other rap albums have seen [All Eyez On Me, Ready To Die, and a few others have done it, but thats it]. This is an album people STILL bump today, and one they will continue to bump for years to come. Ive been a Bone fan since "Fo Tha Love Of $" came out, and I STILL have memories of the impact this album had in 95'-96. If this album isnt a classic, then NO other rap album is. Period. End of discussion.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2001, 02:15:58 PM »
word to Tha7th/Doggystylin/Hell Razor

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2001, 03:28:26 PM »
End of discussion.

Word
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2001, 04:25:51 PM »
i was a big bone fan way back in the days 94-96

but on the real bout saying how bone never tried to go comercial......that's an ignorant statment

back in the mid 90's (when bone blew up) comercial wasn't being flashy or flawsing, it was to have a street  or gangster image which bone indeed DID have. So to say that bone never tried to go comercial that's  :-/, considering they did do a song with mariah carey . i'm not hating i'm just giving you some non biased facts.

as far as influence i really don't see it. they were INDEED the first midwest group to really make it big but they never blew up that scene and no one really out of the midwest never really blew up or broke that place until nelly. not that many people tried to copy what they did you didn't see a grip of people rapping fast or talking about "the dark side" or trying to be spiritual (i'll aways give them props for being halfway unique). The only thing they really did for hip hop really was give the g-funk/gangsta rap a little bit more of a hold on the industry

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2001, 07:48:05 PM »
cuz when you read that shit you put out it basically say bone debuted at #1 on the billboard chart, won grammy, tied singles chart with the beetles......

Ummm,  :-/ read it again...........

BTNH Resurrection was commercial as fuck imo.

lmao.......How man? they got NO air or video play wat so ever.......

minority you talk about how Bone thugs stole there style from twista an 3-6 mafia,  but yet tha same thing could be said for NWA,  ice-t was doin tha gangsta shit b4 them.  But tha thing NWA an Bone thugs were tha first ones to blow that style of rap tha fuck up.  Also when rappers make tribute songs,  tha crossroads is tha song that they are always compared to

WORD Tom, Dats exactly on point wit all this "Copying tha style" discussion..........

considering they did do a song with mariah carey

True Jake........I give u dat one........

they never blew up that scene and no one really out of the midwest never really blew up or broke that place until nelly.

I disagree..............bone already broke tha shit outta midwest, BUT tha midwest waz in a drought 4 years till Nelly.............Bone waz keepin it "undead" till Nelly came in and showed it's Alive once again............But Nelly cant even be compared at all 2 wat Bone has done............

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

NEW_MINORITY

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2001, 03:32:22 AM »
ok since some ignorant mod lock the topic which was 100% legit.....this is my response to hellrazor on that locked thread.......

first of all, i counted all the votes and it is 12-6 in favor of classic....you really gotta know how to count although it doesn't mean shit....this album in indeed NOT CLASSIC cuz if we were talking about an album like chronic, doggystyle, etc. 99% of people would've voted as CLASSIC but in this case...its more like 50% more........but 12 people saying its classic doesn't mean shit...

finally, how FUCKING dare you say bone's 2nd album is way better than WU-TANG, pac, illmatic etc...???? now you have proven to everybody in this board that you are a serious bone groupie so i'm not even gonna take your opinions seriously from now on....

NEW_MINORITY

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2001, 03:35:43 AM »
The 7th broke it down pretty well, but im gonna add some more shit that proves E.1999 Eternal is a classic.........

First off, this album has been bitten NUMEROUS times, and IT IS the blueprint for which all midwest albums of today are measured by. Even Tech9nine [mad respect] used E.1999 Eternal as a blueprint for making his last album. The sales have little to do with the impact of this album, other then the important fact that it was the VERY first album [besides Creepin] from the midwest to gain commercial success, thus putting the midwest on the map. Whats more important is the sound that it brought to hip hop. After this album came out, EVERYONE tried using this style AT LEAST once. Even Outkast, Nas, and Biggie have tried to use Bone's formula at least once, and they arent even from the midwest!! When people think of important midwest albums, E.1999 Eternal is almost alwayz the first one that comes to mind. How the fuck can Physco Drama, Twista, do or die, and Crucial Conflict be better than Bone when they were the ones who used E.1999 Eternal to make their formula?? Sure, Twista may have been speed rappin before Bone was, but he didnt start putting harmony into his music until AFTER E.1999 Eternal came out. Aside from all the impact, the album itself is AMAZING. This album is a movie on wax, straight up, and everyone else from the midwest has yet to put out something of this caliber. The production is FLAWLESS, and unlike most rap albums, it was used with REAL instruments instead of bullshit-ass drum machines, thanx to Tony C, who produced most of the album {Uneek wasnt involved as much as most people think]. A greatly orchestrated album. The album has NO filler either, I can listen to it all the way through........all the songs flow into eachother beautifully. Another sign of this album being a classic is the fact that people STILL buy it today. When an album sells alot 6 years after its release, especially a rap album, there HAS to be something special about it, and its more than likely considered to be classic material. Most rap albums are lucky if they stay on the charts for 50 weeks. E.1999 Eternal has been on the charts for OVER 300 weeks.......an accomplishment few other rap albums have seen [All Eyez On Me, Ready To Die, and a few others have done it, but thats it]. This is an album people STILL bump today, and one they will continue to bump for years to come. Ive been a Bone fan since "Fo Tha Love Of $" came out, and I STILL have memories of the impact this album had in 95'-96. If this album isnt a classic, then NO other rap album is. Period. End of discussion.

yo seriously....just like the7th.....you said basically the same shit...bone ONLY had impact on album sales....which doesn't mean shit.....and when the fuck did nas tryed to copy bone's style???? i could understand biggie (notorious thugs), outkast(they too have that fast rapping style) althought its too bad even if YOU THINK rappers are biting their style..your fucking wrong....more like everybody's biting twista's style.....bone stoled it..and created a little more...to sound all fucked up( since you CAN understand twista but CANNOT understand bone AT ALL) so BONE had NO IMPACT except the record sells stop contradicting yourself