Author Topic: Dr.Dre - 2001 = Almost 7 millions sold!!!  (Read 470 times)

Antonio

Re: Dr.Dre - 2001 = Almost 7 millions sold!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2001, 12:01:56 PM »
Just a few things.. First of all lemme start quoting my fav rapper, Warren G: he recently said that Dr.Dre is a workaholic. Working on beats till perfection. He's a perfectionist, that's why he's the number 1.

Second.. he aint 2Pac. He prefeers to spend time with his family rather than with the engeneers of his record label, making 4 tracks a day. I feel him. It's his life. But when he HAS to make something.. he works 24/7 on it till it's perfect! All his shit is perfect! And that's enought for me. This is the best attitude to have (for me). Music is music... LIFE 1ST, MUSIC 2ND.

3rd thing.. about UIS being a vacation.. Just cause u saw some videos? Man.. what are u saying?? Guys usually use tours to met old friends, to talk with fans, to try new sounds, to talk about new projects, new collaborations, to make a new feeling with fans, to make tracks, etc..

For example.. Warren G made 90% of Take A Look Over Your Shoulder while being in tour, worldwide. With Twinz & 5 Footaz. So it aint exactly a vacation. It's about finding a new feeling with the fans, it's about searching for new stimulus, for innovation. Dre is not only an MC that can just say BS like "1 2 3 i'm a G, Supercrip!" etc and fill a track with BS.. He's a PRODUCER! It means u GOTTA find something new.. creative! It's possible that there are periods when u dont find the right concentration. That's all.

For example.. Dre in 1995-1996 wasnt so inspired cause, like he said, he didnt like the GANGSTA shit of Death Row. Like real gangsters, thugz.. like the "Wassup in the ghetto today? U shot some1? We gotta kill this n***a, we gotta shut this mouth.. Make a diss track against this fool or i'll break your balls, We gotta go to NYC to kill those rappers, etc..". He needs something different. Like a group of friends, like relax.. sitting back.. thinking about new shit, etc..

He aint a machine, man!! Only Pac was a machine!

About Warren G.. well.. he helped him a lot in 1999 remixing the single of GAME DONT WAIT, making it a hit. And he helped Nate and Snoop a lot. According to Warren G, some1 told Dre not to do shit on the new Warren G cd but just letting him use 1 beat. So u dont have to blame Dre for it. And Warren got nothing but love for Dre, so.. why u bitching? Nate said in WELCOME 2 DEATH ROW that he got nothing but love for Dre, cause he's the man. Ice Cube too! Snoop too! They all love him. And the reason is not cause Dre is asking em money, trust me! LOL!

Nothing to add, your statements are obviously wrong!

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2001, 12:21:45 PM »
Just a few things.. First of all lemme start quoting my fav rapper, Warren G: he recently said that Dr.Dre is a workaholic. Working on beats till perfection. He's a perfectionist, that's why he's the number 1.

Second.. he aint 2Pac. He prefeers to spend time with his family rather than with the engeneers of his record label, making 4 tracks a day. I feel him. It's his life. But when he HAS to make something.. he works 24/7 on it till it's perfect! All his shit is perfect! And that's enought for me. This is the best attitude to have (for me). Music is music... LIFE 1ST, MUSIC 2ND.

3rd thing.. about UIS being a vacation.. Just cause u saw some videos? Man.. what are u saying?? Guys usually use tours to met old friends, to talk with fans, to try new sounds, to talk about new projects, new collaborations, to make a new feeling with fans, to make tracks, etc..

For example.. Warren G made 90% of Take A Look Over Your Shoulder while being in tour, worldwide. With Twinz & 5 Footaz. So it aint exactly a vacation. It's about finding a new feeling with the fans, it's about searching for new stimulus, for innovation. Dre is not only an MC that can just say BS like "1 2 3 i'm a G, Supercrip!" etc and fill a track with BS.. He's a PRODUCER! It means u GOTTA find something new.. creative! It's possible that there are periods when u dont find the right concentration. That's all.

For example.. Dre in 1995-1996 wasnt so inspired cause, like he said, he didnt like the GANGSTA shit of Death Row. Like real gangsters, thugz.. like the "Wassup in the ghetto today? U shot some1? We gotta kill this n***a, we gotta shut this mouth.. Make a diss track against this fool or i'll break your balls, We gotta go to NYC to kill those rappers, etc..". He needs something different. Like a group of friends, like relax.. sitting back.. thinking about new shit, etc..

He aint a machine, man!! Only Pac was a machine!

About Warren G.. well.. he helped him a lot in 1999 remixing the single of GAME DONT WAIT, making it a hit. And he helped Nate and Snoop a lot. According to Warren G, some1 told Dre not to do shit on the new Warren G cd but just letting him use 1 beat. So u dont have to blame Dre for it. And Warren got nothing but love for Dre, so.. why u bitching? Nate said in WELCOME 2 DEATH ROW that he got nothing but love for Dre, cause he's the man. Ice Cube too! Snoop too! They all love him. And the reason is not cause Dre is asking em money, trust me! LOL!

Nothing to add, your statements are obviously wrong!

errrr......Word!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2001, 12:51:37 PM »
did 2001 actually sell 7 million records????

Peace

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2001, 01:36:30 PM »
did 2001 actually sell 7 million records

yeah
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2001, 02:09:39 PM »
dawm u so  ungrateful towards dre  ::)
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

NEW_MINORITY

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2001, 05:36:25 AM »
Its eazy...Dres a perfectionist.He wants his album to be classic.He don't want to be a Jay-z Dropping one classic,(reasonable doubt).and then the rest Average shit..Dre wants 3 Classic albums and he wants to innovate the game yet one more time so then producers 2 years down the line can bite his style..

yup

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2001, 05:46:20 AM »
<--- and they said I was ignorant....  :P

bahahhaa

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2001, 05:55:05 AM »
it's been said there was a lot of ignorant  in here , well i don't see much of them
gives me dopeness"                                   

.: God Is One :.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • .:CPT´s own REAL Muthaphukkin G´:.
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2001, 07:43:15 AM »
<--- and they said I was ignorant....  :P

bahahhaa

What i wrote is what i think, OK!?

You dont know what he does (even if u think YOU do) im just printing down what i think he does and everybody comes at me like: NO NO he busy as fuck, he said he´s doing this, and he said he´s doing that. I mean WHAT THA FUCK!!?
Do you always believe in what a person say to you?
Man, he´s been promising us albums for years that hasnt even come out!!? The only thing he does is dropping a beat here and there but he calls it: Ececutive producing.

He promise us this and that, but the only thing that drops are The Wash, fucked up...
"When I sit back n´ look, when i used to be crook, doin whatever it took, from snatching chains to pocketbooks" - Notorious B.I.G "Ready 2 Die"

Antonio

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2001, 01:46:50 PM »
Hey.. it's cool with me! You say what u think, and i say what i think. Well.. if u still aint ok about my previous post.. i'll quote Dr.Dre himself, from the NWA(2) track "Hello"..

[Dr. Dre]
Did I fall off?  Got you in your room
rippin every "Chronic" poster on your wall off
Just cause I put away the sawed off
Now I got you sittin back with a smirk;
listenin with your arms crossed
Questionin Dre's credibility {What?}
Wondering if it's still in me to produce hits;
Y'all be killin me
As if I need to make mo' - I got a mansion
and six cars that are paid fo' - suck my dick! {Hello..}
We came a long way from not givin a fuck
Sellin tapes out of a trunk to movin this far up
Now we got the whole world starstruck
Made a million plus and still don't give a motherfuck
Motherfucker I'm Dre - I don't need your respect
I don't need to make another album bitch I don't gotta do shit
I do it because I want to not to stay in the game
Fuck the fame, I'm still stayin the same, lil' bitch! {Hello..}

I think this is another good reply.

It's not about trusting him or not. This is what he thinks, and what he wanna do. You cant do nothing. And it's cool for me.

Don Seer

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2001, 01:04:09 AM »
from this thread http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=general;action=display;num=1009519230

Code: [Select]
What’s the longest you’ve ever taken on one song?

Damn near a month with Dre on the first single, "Lookin At You." We’d be in the studio for two days rewriting verses. We’d do it and he’d come back the next day and be like ‘naw, I don’t like that. Let’s do it over.’ Dre is the hardest working man in the business. That’s real. He will stay in the studio for three days with no sleep. He don’t even nod!  

Why didn’t he rhyme on the song with you?

What he told me was that Interscope wouldn’t let it happen because he has so much music coming out at the same time with The Wash soundtrack and the Training Day stuff. But I was like ‘Dog, this is me!’ But they was like it can’t happen. But I’m cool. We’ll do it next time.

ONE MONTH TO MAKE A BANGER.. yeah man.. dre's so lazy...

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2001, 06:14:13 AM »
lol.. it's that the way u code them quote tho

Code: [Select]
slickkafella
whoa pleezbaleevit. can i take it when i give u news ???
gives me dopeness"