Author Topic: DJ Shadow Bringing 'Outsider' To Life On Tour  (Read 53 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
DJ Shadow Bringing 'Outsider' To Life On Tour
« on: September 09, 2006, 02:34:28 AM »
On his fall tour in support of his new, hip-hop-dominated album "The Outsider," DJ Shadow will be flanked by rappers onstage as often as possible. "There is a live element courtesy of a revolving series of guests," Shadow tells Billboard.com. "But it never hits the level of, 'And now for my next trick, this person comes out of a hat.'"

Shadow says the guest lineup will vary "from place to place and literally venue to venue." Among the rappers guesting on "The Outsider," due Sept. 19 via Universal, are Q-Tip, David Banner, E-40, Turf Talk, Lateef and Keak Da Sneak.

The artist has also reworked his live set with "a whole new visual show" and songs he has never played in concert, including "Changeling/Transmission 1" from his acclaimed 1996 debut, "Endtroducing."

"That's the interesting thing about whenever I make new music," he says. "I never felt like I knew what I could mix in or out of ['Changeling'] with. It's a strange time signature at points and a certain mood and atmosphere. But I was playing with 'The Tiger' off the new album and it just worked really well."

Shadow's fall tour begins on the day of the album's release in Vancouver and will run through Dec. 15 in London. Additional dates are in the works for next spring.

This report is provided by Billboard.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

J Bananas

Re: DJ Shadow Bringing 'Outsider' To Life On Tour
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 03:03:09 AM »
his new album wasn't that great but uh, fasho

Traumatized

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 03:39:02 AM »
I only like the non-rap tracks on the album, the rap songs are terrible.

Diabolical

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 05:08:18 AM »
I've yet to listen to the new album. I don't think I'll make it to the show either.

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 04:58:29 PM »
I actually like the whole 'Outsider' album compared to most of the hip hop albums that have come out this year. Endtroducing was classic though. If he plays shit from that album in a show and comes to my area i may consider going.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 04:30:14 AM »
Went to see him at Koko, London couple of weeks back, and he was really good to see live. He uses a lot of the classic Entroducing material in his show, along with stuff from Private Press and the first Unkle album, and of course delves into the new album for a lot of the material. I thought some of the new album sounded pretty dope, but I'm not really down with the hyphy tracks, and even the Lateef track isn't great. Will probably still buy it just because its Shadow but I'm not expecting another classic from him.