Author Topic: Swizz Beatz Grabs J. Lo, Wyclef For U.N. Peace Track  (Read 57 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Swizz Beatz Grabs J. Lo, Wyclef For U.N. Peace Track
« on: September 13, 2006, 10:25:05 PM »
Swizz Beatz was pleasantly surprised when he got the call to produce a myriad of tracks for Beyoncé's recently released B'Day LP. But when he got the nod from reps working on a project associated with the United Nations to produce a star-studded song to promote peace, he was floored.

Swizz, fresh from a trip to Los Angeles, where he was producing Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Eve and Cassidy, explained that he was tapped to helm a track for a peace campaign that will debut on September 21, the International Day of Peace.

"They picked me to be that person to make the song," Swizz said. "It's gonna be huge. They left it 100 million percent up to me."

The U.N. established the International Day of Peace in 1981 and it was first celebrated in 1982. This year, the International Peace Concert, a show celebrating the message of the worldwide event, will take place December 9 at the Coliseum in Rome.

Swizz revealed that John Legend will appear on the track, titled "One Day," and "we have confirmed participation from artists such as Marc Anthony, Eve, Cassidy, Wyclef and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony." A publicist for the concert confirmed that Jennifer Lopez, Sean Paul, Chris Brown, Floetry, Lyfe Jennings and Mario will also perform on the song.

"One Day" will be performed at the International Peace Concert, which will commemorate the International Day of Peace's 25th anniversary. The show will be televised live from Rome; complete details about the event were not available at press time.

"This is a global opportunity for celebrities, musicians and world leaders to reach out and communicate to the rest of world how we can all join together in the road towards peace," Rick Garson of Garson Entertainment, the company producing the concert, said via a statement. Swizz's earliest plans for the song were a little vague: "It's definitely slowed up," he said earlier this month before going into the studio. "I might let the beginning be pretty and let the singers do their thing and switch the pitch and rock out."

Days later, songwriter Sean Garrett was penning the lyrics and Swizz was working on the beat and reflecting on the significance of his task. "Music, to me, is the number-one contender for unity," he said during the session. "There are not many other factors that bring people together. I want people to be moved to bring about positive change, but I want [to make] the song that everyone can identify with, young or old. I have collaborated with Sean 'The Pen' Garrett to create a song that will unite all under one sound. It is a track that is positive, but that you can easily bump your head to."

Swizz and Sean aren't only collaborating on music for world peace — they are also teaming up for some big upcoming albums. "Sean is an incredible talent," Swizz said, "and yes, he and I have formed a partnership to change the game. We have projects we are currently working on from J. Lo to Eve, Beyoncé to Cassidy."

This report is provided by MTV News (MTV.com)
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com