Author Topic: Israel says map 'error' led to attack of UN post in Lebanon  (Read 155 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Israel says map 'error' led to attack of UN post in Lebanon
« on: September 14, 2006, 06:19:08 PM »
MONTREAL (AFP) -        Israel has determined its air strike on a UN observer post in Lebanon that killed four        United Nations peacekeepers, including a Canadian, was an error due to an incorrect map, a report said.

ADVERTISEMENT

CBC News said it had obtained a briefing by an Israeli official on an internal Israeli military report, which concluded the July 25 air strike occurred because Israeli ground forces were using an incorrect, hand-drawn map.

The strike occurred during the 34-day conflict in July and August between Israel and the Shiite militia Hezbollah, based in southern Lebanon.

Based on information in the briefing, the map used by the Israeli artillery identified the clearly marked UN post in the Khiyam area of southern Lebanon as a Hezbollah base.

"The report points to the fact that there was an error on our side in the maps that were done manually at the time of the combat," Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Mark Regev, who gave the briefing to the CBC, was quoted as saying.

"The UN position -- we had it as a Hezbollah target. This was an error," he told the state-owned television and radio broadcaster.

The killing of the four UN observers -- an Austrian, a Canadian, a Finn and a Chinese man -- drew strong condemnation by UN Secretary General        Kofi Annan.

CBC News said the briefing reports Israeli forces received a number of warnings from the United Nations urging them to stop shooting so close to the base.

An earlier UN report said their observers in Lebanon had repeatedly contacted the Israeli military prior to the bombing.

The message was received by Israeli forces on the ground, who stopped firing on the post, according to the Israeli briefing. But apparently the warnings were not received by the Israeli air force, CBC News said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060914/wl_canada_afp/mideastconflictcanada_060914192530
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Israel says map 'error' led to attack of UN post in Lebanon
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 06:19:35 PM »
lol the nerve of these motherfuckers
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 06:21:22 PM »

they'll get their day in hell, dont worry about that...

Regime Mob - Yuk

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 06:21:53 PM »
after checking out this train on thought section for a few days, it is clear to me that you are the last person to question the nerve of anyone.  99% of the dumb shit I have read here in the last week came out of your dumb mouth.

J Bananas

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 06:47:07 PM »
well like my plastic surgeon always said, you cant make an omelette without breakin some eggs

Donnie Smilo

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 07:08:30 PM »
They're good at killing civilians though.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 07:53:14 PM »
after checking out this train on thought section for a few days, it is clear to me that you are the last person to question the nerve of anyone.  99% of the dumb shit I have read here in the last week came out of your dumb mouth.

after checking out the first 3 words in your rant, it is clear to me youre a nobody.

i understand youre trying to get your feet wet here. I welcome you to my spot. But you cant score points off me.

Either prove me wrong or tuck your balls and get ta steppin

- Lewis Carroll

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 10:35:11 AM »

Lol im waiting for now i know to contribute his brilliant insight into this one, he would probably say something like "lmao at your propoganda"  ::)

I agree though their place in hell has been signed and sealed

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 05:51:48 PM »
i wonder what this hand drawn map looked like, maybe just a picture of lebanon marked hezbullah

Its laughable an military like israel relies on such primitive measures, this is no explanation considering it was an air attack that took out the UN base

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 11:34:54 PM »
i wonder what this hand drawn map looked like, maybe just a picture of lebanon marked hezbullah

Its laughable an military like israel relies on such primitive measures, this is no explanation considering it was an air attack that took out the UN base

you know these israelis do this shit on purpose, not talkin about targeting civilians we know that already

i mean, coming up with the most obvious load of bullshit. its like theyre mocking the world.

lol

hand drawn map

- Lewis Carroll