Author Topic: Radio Rip of The Game "Let's Ride (Strip Club)"  (Read 3430 times)

NFX

• 'G'
  • Warbeats.com
Re: Radio Rip of The Game "Let's Ride (Strip Club)"
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2006, 05:41:41 PM »
Def sounds like it was written for Dre to be on it.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2006, 05:49:59 PM »
Hmmm.......

Although I haven't heard it in Hi Quality....I can say that he had 4-5 songs on the last album, and 1-2 songs from mixtapes, that were/could be better singles than this one. It is not bad at all, and overall is a solid track...but there are a lot of things about it that people could easily hate on, and being that he's The Game, he will get hated on regardless of what he does.

Positives - Beat is solid, and has that crossover-coast appeal to where it sounds west coast, but not too west to appeal. His voice sounds strong as hell on it, even if it sounds exactly like Dre at parts (which can be good or bad). Flow is on point, he delivers it right. Beat is definitely on point for a ride around type of song, or "barbecue" type of track that is just kinda laid back. Subject matter is good enough for a single, and has some catchy parts to it. The beat changeups are nice, especially at the hook.

Negatives - Same material we've heard from him on every song since his first mixtape, talkin about 64's, crips n bloods, name droppin, etc. etc....hook sounds very 50 Cent inspired, but nowhere near as strong as "How we do" or "Hate it or love it"....beat is solid as hell for a radio track, but will not be much of a club banger. Doesn't break any new ground. Still mentions Dre's name too much, regardless of if he was still with Aftermath or not.....no other artist mentions their mentor's name THAT MANY times when they aren't even on the song or didn't produce it.  Some of the catchiness to the song sounds forced as if it didn't come out natural.

Overall.....with this as the first single, I can see the album doin 150-200 if it gets a decent amount of promotion. Anything over 250K will have me suprised, and anything under 80,000 will have me suprised. But I'd guess 175K or somewhere near that.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2006, 06:14:30 PM »
How We Do>>>>Let Me Ride

there really no comparison, this single isn't shit but it's isn't anything special either

the Game could of farted on the track and looped it for 3min straight and if anyone dissed it the Game lovers would call that person a hater
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

PLANT

« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2006, 06:16:46 PM »

the Game could of farted on the track and looped it for 3min straight and if anyone dissed it the Game lovers would call that person a hater
lol, something Eminem prolly did on his last album

xGlimpsex

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I. Will. Not. Lose.
« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2006, 06:18:50 PM »
Peep DJ Skee's myspace for cd quality version.
Hip Hop: Live, Breathe, Sleep it.

t.c.o.p.

• 'G'
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2006, 06:31:43 PM »
one blood was dope and this is dope too...tha beats "bangin" as well...i dont no wat tha hell yall dudes who are sayin its wack are thinkin...
- kemp>mj

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2006, 07:05:30 PM »
I think this song is real tight.  The beat is real good and overall the whole song is good.  To me "how we do" is overated.  It was good but i like this one way better.  I say up there with "hate it or love it".

I think most of the people that say its wack are the ones that wait for everybody else to like it before they do.  I understand them saying its alright or it aint classic but when they say its garbage or that the beat sucks thats when you know that there just hating on it.

And to me the name dropping aint gonna make me not listen to it.  If the song is good then ill listen.  Just cause he says dre alot dont mean it kills the song.  The only people i hear talking about the name dropping are in the internet.  Out here in So Cal everybody likes games music.  I was really thinking cause of the name "strip club" that it was gonna be a club song.  I was surprised when i heard this. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 07:10:12 PM by BigG »
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

Quadruple OG

« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2006, 07:31:14 PM »
I put up the CDQ version of the track up, make sure to peep it

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Game - "Let's Ride" (Strip Club) - CDQ...NO DJ
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2006, 11:23:30 PM »
The track is hot, PERIOD....and now we have the cdq, no dj version...Enjoy!

http://files.filefront.com/The_Game_Lets_Ride_Strip_bmp3/;5530480;;/fileinfo.html

westkoastanostra

Re: The Game - "Let's Ride" (Strip Club) - CDQ...NO DJ
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2006, 11:41:37 PM »
props!

rik

« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2006, 11:46:14 PM »
Already got it but good lookin out anyways. This shit is most def a banger.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2006, 11:56:33 PM »
props, but this song sucks, games verses are weak.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!

CrookedDynasty

« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2006, 12:48:24 AM »
Props on the track.

But readin comments from the other threads on this track, I gotta speak the real here...

The beat is hot, the delivery and flow are good, the lyrics are normal (not too great and not that bad), it's music from the west, its a little raw and a club banger at the same time.

Now tell me.... what the fuck are people bitchin about?

Fuck the drama, hatin, and dickridin'.

Enjoy the music and support the west.

Peace.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2006, 12:52:50 AM »
Damn, this beat went from a 7.5 to an 8.5 just because of the better quality. His verses are iite to me, lyrics are whatever but flow n delivery is on point. I still don't like the hook much, but the beat change up is sick wit it. It sounds like 50 inspired singin and his talkin/rappin at the hook sounds like his "Shyne" JT Tha Bigga Figga pre-Aftermath era flow and voice. But I'll definitely ride around bumpin this like it's nothin.