Author Topic: stem cells  (Read 101 times)

ksizzle

• Lil Geezy
  • "Take a knee"
stem cells
« on: September 22, 2006, 10:43:13 AM »
dont u ever hear stem cell research on the news, but u dunno what the hell it means? i looked up on it, and i gotta say its sounds pretty good. scientists say through using stem cells, average life span could be up to 100 years old, and u would still look 20-30 years old, AND you can cure diseases that we could normally not. i think thats pretty damn clean, but religious people think its wrong because we are killing the embryos for our generations benefit. california was for stem cells, and we approved the 3 billion dollar donation to stem cell research, but there are still some ethical debates, like the fact that u can cheat death. who here on the forums have opinions?

Sparegeez

Re: stem cells
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 10:59:28 AM »
Shut the fuck up Casey. The only reason you're for stem cell research is to grow back the dick you lost in a "meat spin" accident. Yeah I'm fr stem cell research. I don't see why it's a bad idea to save lives.

ksizzle

• Lil Geezy
  • "Take a knee"
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 11:10:20 AM »
thats right, my meat spun into ur moms culero, thats why i needa get a new one mijo. go fucking eat ur cans of peaches

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 01:13:10 PM »
Im down with stem cell research and genetic engineering. All the "ethical" conservative homos can sit and rot of cancer while I get the cure from RNA-I technology. How can religious people say anything about the prolonging of life. It is written in the bible that Adam lives for like 700 years.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 02:14:19 PM »
Im down with stem cell research and genetic engineering. All the "ethical" conservative homos can sit and rot of cancer while I get the cure from RNA-I technology. How can religious people say anything about the prolonging of life. It is written in the bible that Adam lives for like 700 years.
Where in bible did it say he lived 700 years?
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 05:30:33 PM »
People don't even know its full capabilities because we're not allowed to study it. Something that could potentially save live and cure ailments that have plagued humans for centuries could potentially be cured, and these conservative hypocrites keep getting in the way. It's ignorance.

The same ignornce that tells them that the morning after pill is wrong. They don't even realize that the pill prevents conception from happening, they just associate it with abortion.

Fuck ignorant close minded people.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 11:29:01 PM »
Genesis 5:5   And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

My bad it was 930 years. I have read articles with scientists that it is possible for a human body to live that long in youth with medical advances. Why be ignorant?  People can't see that if it weren't for scientific progress in the medical field your life expectancy could be 30 still. And most of the people on this earth would not be here. We can remain in the stone age with a primative belief system if we chose to do so. If you pay attention to scientific advances and nanotechnology you will realize there is a lot of crazy advances in the immediate future that will seem incredible. RNA-Interference methods are going to change the medical world be curing AIDs, Cancers, and most other diseases at the genetic level. If you cats were smart, you would be studying patents on nanotechnology and investing in stock in those companys. It will be a trillon dollar buisiness and is sure to be a revolution.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 02:26:14 AM »
Genesis 5:5   And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

My bad it was 930 years. I have read articles with scientists that it is possible for a human body to live that long in youth with medical advances. Why be ignorant?  People can't see that if it weren't for scientific progress in the medical field your life expectancy could be 30 still. And most of the people on this earth would not be here. We can remain in the stone age with a primative belief system if we chose to do so. If you pay attention to scientific advances and nanotechnology you will realize there is a lot of crazy advances in the immediate future that will seem incredible. RNA-Interference methods are going to change the medical world be curing AIDs, Cancers, and most other diseases at the genetic level. If you cats were smart, you would be studying patents on nanotechnology and investing in stock in those companys. It will be a trillon dollar buisiness and is sure to be a revolution.
You nailed it my man. If it were up to the hypocritical religious people out there, x-rays would of been banned when it was first developed because "it was of the devil". Lack of understanding and superstition are what's keeping us behind.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ksizzle

• Lil Geezy
  • "Take a knee"
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 10:50:18 AM »

You nailed it my man. If it were up to the hypocritical religious people out there, x-rays would of been banned when it was first developed because "it was of the devil". Lack of understanding and superstition are what's keeping us behind.

word.