Author Topic: Arab Store Owners Ban Mikkey & "Liquor Store" Song  (Read 132 times)

maudizzle

Arab Store Owners Ban Mikkey & "Liquor Store" Song
« on: September 23, 2006, 09:55:03 AM »
www.dubcnn.com

n August we dropped Mikkey's controversial street single "Liquor Store" here on Dubcnn. Arab store owners aren't too happy with the content and have "banned all Mikkey Halsted's music from all their JB's and Collection Stores, which are all located in the hood and supported by black people."

It all started when DJ Sean Mac put "Liquor Store" on his mixtape last month. The owners of Collection banned his cd after hearing "Liquor Store" and have subsequently banned any mixtapes which feature Mikkey in any shape or form.

In a press release Mikkey states the following:
"Now the Arab stores are known for selling mixtapes in the hood and have never had a problem with us degrading ourselves and talking about killing each other, but the minute we put the flashlight on them, they ban us. Why, when we have been the ones putting food on their table with our hard earned money."

"I didn't intend to alienate all Arabs with that song, I just wanted to paint an accurate picture of what's really going on in OUR hood to provoke thought, letting black people know that we don't have to support those that do not have our best interest at hand. I had no beef with the Arab clothing store owners because I didn't think it applied to them, but obviously they think it does. Therefore, I say that I have no problem with any Arab that respects our people and treats them with the same dignity that they treat their OWN with. However, I say ---- YOU TO ALL YOU BLOODSUCKING ARABS THAT HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT LEACH OFF OF OUR COMMUNITY FOR THE LONGEST AND TREAT US LIKE SHIT. I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR YOU AND NO LOVE. I WILL NEVER SHOP WITH YOU AGAIN FOR ATTEMPTING TO BAN AND CENSOR THE TRUTH. U WILL ---- AROUND AND GET BANNED FROM OUR COMMUNITY. As the last line in the song says, "I KNOW YOU THINK THAT WE STUPID, AND U FEEL LIKE WE CLOWNS, BUT WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SHUT YA ASS DOWN!!!!!"

Click here to download "Liquor Store" and be on the lookout for "Chicago: The Photo Album".

Crack Tastic

Re: Arab Store Owners Ban Mikkey & "Liquor Store" Song
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 10:02:53 AM »
thats a shame because i reay like that song. those damn arabs. is there a date for the album or is just 'coming soon'?

maudizzle

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 10:37:25 AM »
is there a date for the album or is just 'coming soon'?

I think it is still "coming soon", but I'll give Mikkey a holler and ask

Crack Tastic

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 12:11:50 PM »
cool. ask him to leak that unreleased cash money cd, if he actully made one.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 12:38:11 PM »
I dl'ed it, I liked the song.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels