Author Topic: Lil Wayne is the dopest rapper right now.  (Read 1373 times)

We Fly High

Lil Wayne is the dopest rapper right now.
« on: September 23, 2006, 10:52:33 AM »
Lil Wayne is the dopest rapper right now by far. Aint no one coming close to touchin this fool in terms of the total package. His rhymes are completely ridiculous, and hes got star appeal too. But for reals, just listening to The Carter 2, there are so many moments where you're just like , "Wait, what the fuck did he just say", and just have to rewind that shit. The Carter 2 is a future classic, I haven't come upon a rap album that has that much replay value in many years. He comes up with the craziest lyrics. DJ Drama Dedication 2 is also sick as hell. Jay Z called him Rookie of the Year, Kanye calls him his favorite rapper right now, and Andre 3000 mentioned him as the only rapper on his radar. You dont get cosigned by 3 top doggs for nothin. Andre is even offering to produce an entire album for Wayne. And man, that new joint Stuntin like my Daddy, straight ridiculous. He's one of the few rappers that actually improve over time, and hes gone a long way. Dont disregard his new music just based on what you heard in the past... Anyways, please discuss.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 10:54:39 AM by Justin »

Narrator

Re: Lil Wayne is the dopest rapper right now.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 11:05:35 AM »
He is FAR from the dopest right now.  I can think of at least 10 mainstream rappers right now who are better than him.

But he has grown significantly as an MC and as a lyricist, and I respect that.  "Tha Carter 2" was the last album I expected I would really like, but I'm feelin' it.  If he can keep improving, I can see him reaching Jay-Z/Snoop/Ludacris levels of respect and popularity.

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 11:07:30 AM »
im sorry i just cant hear his music or see him without thinkin about his cash money gayness, dude even has a song "stuntin like my daddy" talkin about his relationship with baby. no homo weezy! no homo

Raphael

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 11:24:02 AM »
 :laugh:

Crack Tastic

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 11:48:42 AM »
around when tha carter 1 was out, people were calling him the veteran rookie. he had been in the game for 10/11 years released 3 solos and a 3 group albums but he was being disregarded. he was fucking with sqad and really improving his voice flow and lyrics and becoming a great freestyler. around the time of the carter people started saying that he was nice overnight but it wasnt the fact. he spent years getting nice. when he turned 21 he felt like he was it was his rookie season in the game and that this was his time to shine. i dont think hes ever blown up. it seems to me that he is getting a steadily growing fanbase. oh yeah. hes better than snoop right now, better than jigga right now and is better than pac, not more popular than pac but he is a better lyricist.

Diabolical

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 12:27:58 PM »
I like all his music new and old but I think Lupe is the best new MC and also Weezy has been making music much longer than Kanye so I don't think his opinion counts. It's like Kobe talking about Wilt Chaimberlin.

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 12:35:39 PM »
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I used to dislike everything about the guy on the mic. I can't deny he's been dope since Tha Carter though. He stepped his lyrics up, the voice I can deal with, and he's shining on everything he's been on so far. I mean, he killed Andree 3000 on his own shit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 01:08:11 PM »
Exept for the fact that he kisses Baby and calls him "Daddy"

t.c.o.p.

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 01:11:41 PM »
its gillie tha kid all day over here!....jk...but i agree with "a tribe called dubcc" as far as lupe being tha best mc out right now...i like wayne and all but i dont think hes best rapper out...
- kemp>mj

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 01:15:41 PM »
Really liked the carter 2 but, dopest raper right now.....................no.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

youngmessnucca

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 01:29:35 PM »
Wayne's defintiley one of the top lyricists right now, however his flow & voice are well below average.

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 04:45:16 PM »
Wayne's defintiley one of the top lyricists right now, however his flow & voice are well below average.

you dont know shit, fuckin cracker

WestCoasta

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 04:55:07 PM »
I like him okay

like Phillyboy said, he doesn't have bad lyrics but his flow and voice aren't the greatest

if I listen to him at all it's because of production

I like this line - "like ranch I dip"

Cowboy

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 04:57:43 PM »
Lloyd Banks is the dopest rapper right now

Crack Tastic

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 05:01:37 PM »
Lloyd Banks is the dopest rapper right now

and p doent take it in the hiney