Author Topic: If you had to live in one NON WHITE country in the world...  (Read 980 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: If you had to live in one NON WHITE country in the world...
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2006, 03:28:30 PM »
Virtuso.  It's not exactly on this issue, but here is a relevant link

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2006, 04:02:41 PM »
.  He is also doing many things that are bad for his country.  Like nationalizing industry.

i agree with u on the minimum wage, but again, I dont understand why you insist we dont speak definitively but then you do. you cannot say wholeheartedly that nationalizing industry is a completely bad move. like you said it has its tradeoffs. it makes foreign investment risky, but it also increases venezuelas share of that oil. but from what i know, he hasnt nationalized EVERTYHING nor does he plan on,.

and im sure no one here thought for one second venezuela is a paradise just cuz we think his leader recites great speeches.

as for the rest of ur points, fair enough u make a solid argument. although do understand, ALOT of the anti chavez talk coming out of venezuela is mainly the business class bitchin. now do they have a right to bitch, sure, but there is alot of skewed information out there,
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Suga Foot

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2006, 06:40:59 PM »
I was gonna come in here and read some replies, but it's looks like I've entered a full blown article fight, so I'll just leave.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2006, 08:59:48 AM »
I was gonna come in here and read some replies, but it's looks like I've entered a full blown article fight, so I'll just leave.

actually there was no articles here....just some good ole fashioned science droppin
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Diabolical

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2006, 10:00:22 AM »
Bradford.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2006, 12:13:59 PM »
.  He is also doing many things that are bad for his country.  Like nationalizing industry.

i agree with u on the minimum wage, but again, I dont understand why you insist we dont speak definitively but then you do. you cannot say wholeheartedly that nationalizing industry is a completely bad move. like you said it has its tradeoffs. it makes foreign investment risky, but it also increases venezuelas share of that oil. but from what i know, he hasnt nationalized EVERTYHING nor does he plan on,.

and im sure no one here thought for one second venezuela is a paradise just cuz we think his leader recites great speeches.

as for the rest of ur points, fair enough u make a solid argument. although do understand, ALOT of the anti chavez talk coming out of venezuela is mainly the business class bitchin. now do they have a right to bitch, sure, but there is alot of skewed information out there,

A few things...

- It's difficult not to speak with certainty, so we're all prone to it.  We wouldn't be saying stuff if we didn't believe its true, and its time consuming to lead every statement with "this is just what I believe, it may not be accurate"  Anyways, my point is, most of my opinions are the result of substantail self-criticism.  I'm always trying to get things right, and frequently flip flop when presented with new information that seems relevant.  On the other hand, virtuoso and others seem to often speak with certainty when they've made minimal effort to contemplate the opposing viewpoint.

- No one thinks venezuela is a paradise.  But Chavez is inappropriately worshipped as a liberal hero based on very limited information.  Most liberals love him because he talks bad about Bush, but have limited knowledge of his actual policies.  People cite random statistics that are in his favor, but obviously took little time to consider what information may disagree with the view of Chavez as a liberal hero. 

- Actually, I'm keenly aware a lot of the Chavez bitching comes from the business class. And, this is exactly the problem.  It's wrong to think that a society can improve its well-being without the support of the business class.  Businesses are what lift people out of poverty - not government hand-outs.  When I say Chavez is not a liberal savior, I say it mainly for this reason.  His policies are anti-business.  Businesses are scared to operate in Venezuela because of Chavez.  Without businesses how does an economy support its people?  They can't just live off of oil revenues forever, and that is another reason why Chavez has issues.  He's using an asset that he did not create to buy support.  Without oil revenues his policies would be disasterous... so why is it his right to spend the oil revenues to win public support?    His policies in many ways are very similiar to bush's.  Take advantage of short-term gains to win political points... Bush raises government spending, which has short-term benefits (ie a raise in spending pushes the economy to grow) but long-term consequences (ie. blowing oil revenues makes you look like a hero, but your country pays for it eventually). 

- If chavez wanted to do good, he could focus on helping his economy grow, instead of scaring away businesses.  He could try to make their banking system more efficient.  He could be working to improve transporation.  The airports in venezuela are horrible, and Chavez is making them worse.  He gave a monopoly on air travel to venezuelan firms by kicking out foreign firms.  When I was in venezuela it took me half a day to cash a check for 1,000 US dollars.  That's absolutely ridiculous.  Businesses can't fuction well when its that difficult to transfer money.  And they certainly can't function well, when the president is going around nationalizing some industries, and heavily regulating others. 

Anti-business = Anti-society.... unfortunately, far-left liberals don't want to realize this much.  People like Bill Clinton knew it tho.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2006, 02:28:27 PM »
Cambodia, or maybe Thailand

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2006, 04:06:19 PM »
nationalizing an industry is real good for a country who wants to get out of a poor periode. Just look at quebec, when they nationalized the hydroelectricity, this made quebec enter the 20 century in force and now that province is equal to the rest of the country.

WestCoasta

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2006, 04:07:48 PM »
a non-white country?   why, I'd rather be dead sir

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2006, 04:21:42 PM »
anybody that pickd a 3rd world country or a communist country or post-communist country is full of shit. u would not live there fucking idiots. i doubt u guys would put your money where yo mouth if if u kno what i mean.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2006, 05:20:14 PM »
Probably Japan or UAE
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2006, 06:18:31 PM »
dominican republic