Author Topic: "The Departed" best since "Goodfellas"- Emanuel Levy  (Read 1759 times)

The Watcher

Re: "The Departed" best since "Goodfellas"- Emanuel Levy
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2006, 06:34:31 AM »
agreed, best movie i've seen in years. the acting was on point, everyone had their shit down, jack nicholson & alec baldwin were fuckin hillarious
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2006, 09:22:03 PM »
I agree also. It was dope seeing all the local references too. I live right in between Providence and Boston.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2006, 11:26:58 PM »
Man I really need to see this.  Goodfellas is one of my 5 favorite movies ever, if this is even half as good I will be estatic. Cant wait to see it!

ecrazy

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2006, 01:26:22 AM »
Fuckin GREAT Movie, Loved every part of it, i think I damaged my bladder though waiting for this movie to end, i did not want to leave at all! Gotta love the rat face jack made, HAHA!

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2006, 12:36:08 PM »
i think this will make my top ten list, when i look back a few years from now.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2006, 10:59:58 PM »
just watched this movie! great fuckin movie i'll tell u that!

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2006, 05:12:45 PM »
what a great movie.  easily the best of the year.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2006, 06:30:02 PM »
I saw it last night, its STILL filling up theatres.

damn that movie was fuckin good.

Im lovin how the whole gangster noir thing is coming first Lucky Number Slevin now this.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Damn when costigon got shot in the elevator, i was like what the fuck!!!! then Matt Damon shooting that other cadet right after he shot Anthony Anderson, damn.  Marky Mark coming back at the end was like  ::)  there were a couple of questions i had at the end, like what was in the envelope costigon gave dr. madden? and what did Franks GF tell Matt Damon on the phone after he killed Frank?  Cant wait for the dvd, movie of the year, straight up.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2006, 07:30:59 AM »
Yeah, great movie. Gotta see the OG Chinese version now.

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2006, 02:31:50 PM »

Im lovin how the whole gangster noir thing is coming first Lucky Number Slevin now this.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Damn when costigon got shot in the elevator, i was like what the fuck!!!! then Matt Damon shooting that other cadet right after he shot Anthony Anderson, damn.  Marky Mark coming back at the end was like  ::)  there were a couple of questions i had at the end, like what was in the envelope costigon gave dr. madden? and what did Franks GF tell Matt Damon on the phone after he killed Frank?  Cant wait for the dvd, movie of the year, straight up.
honestly, right when mark wahlberg clapped matt damon up, i wasnt worried about all that petty bullshit ur thinking about.  as long as the chain is over, and matt damon got his, it was all good.  great movie tho, didnt feel like 2.5 hrs.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2006, 02:05:46 PM »

*SPOILER ALERT*

I'm assuming that the envelope contained evidence and instructions to give the evidence to Dignam. Madolyn gave the envelope to Dignam and he set up the kill since with Queenan dead it was personal.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2006, 04:43:46 PM »
Just watched this. This is a classic   :o

I cant believe it was 3 hours long, it felt like an hour.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2006, 05:39:30 AM »
Just finished watching it, definitely a great film, some of the performances were amazing, especially Di Caprio and Nicholson and I loved right at the end where they had the rat crawling across outside his apartment.

However, this was pretty much just a straight remake of Internal Affairs and therefore despite the fact that it is a great film you do always know what is going to happen if you've watched that already. Plus, Di Caprio's performance, despite being excellent isn't quite on the level of Tony Leung's in the same role. There also wasn't as much interaction between the gang leader and the chief as in the Hong Kong original, which was a bit disappointing as that was one of the highlights of the original.

If you've never seen Internal Affairs though, you will enjoy The Departed more as it will all be new to you and on those terms I can definitely see why people are claiming this to be in their Top 10 films ever.

Scream @ Me

• 'G'
  • That Dude!
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2007, 11:37:33 AM »
This movie is C.L.A.S.S.I.C.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2007, 04:24:03 AM »
iv'e been asking everyone who saw this this:

better than internal affairs?

it's NOT better than infernal affairs

even though departed is a hella good movie, people must remember that the entire movie is taken from infernal affairs.. i can't see how this movie is anywhere near  "masterpiece-oscar-material", when infernal affairs didn't get shit (it did get the hong-kong-oscar though).