Author Topic: who wants to help me steal this?  (Read 284 times)

Crack Tastic

who wants to help me steal this?
« on: September 26, 2006, 06:47:47 PM »
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/database/MasterCatalog?sc=1958-002B

Vanguard 1
NSSDC ID: 1958-002B

Other Names
Vanguard TV4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Launch Date/Time: 1958-03-17 at 12:15:41 UTC
On-orbit Dry Mass: 1.47 kg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description
Vanguard 1 was a small earth-orbiting satellite designed to test the launch capabilities of a three-stage launch vehicle and the effects of the environment on a satellite and its systems in Earth orbit. It also was used to obtain geodetic measurements through orbit analysis.

Spacecraft and Subsystems

The spacecraft was a 1.47-kg aluminum sphere 16.5 cm in diameter. It contained a 10-mW, 108-MHz mercury-battery powered transmitter and a 5-mW, 108.03-MHz transmitter powered by six square (roughly 5 cm on a side) solar cells mounted on the body of the satellite. Six 30 cm aerials protruded from the sphere. The transmitters were used primarily for engineering and tracking data, but were also used to determine the total electron content between the satellite and ground stations. Vanguard also carried two thermistors which measured the interior temperature over 16 days in order to track the effectiveness of the thermal protection.

Mission Profile

The three stage launch vehicle placed Vanguard into a 654 x 3969 km 134.2 minute orbit inclined at 34.25 degrees. Original estimates had the orbit lasting for 2000 years, but it was discovered that solar radiation pressure and atmospheric drag during high levels of solar activity produced significant perturbations in the perigee height of the satellite, which caused a significant decrease in its expected lifetime to only about 240 years. The battery powered transmitter stopped operating in June 1958 when the batteries ran down. The solar powered transmitter operated until May 1964 (when the last signals were received in Quito, Ecuador) after which the spacecraft was optically tracked from Earth.

the only problem is that its still in space. i need some money to get up there. thats where yall come in.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: who wants to help me steal this?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 07:02:27 PM »
I think youve been inhaling a little too much of that stuff you got in youre picture but aight bet its on.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 07:13:15 PM »
At first glance, I thought it was some kinda pipe..........lol, what a fiend, get off that shit bud!!

Chief

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 06:02:37 AM »
^ he probably thinks it's a pipe............

Crack Tastic

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 01:59:15 PM »
nah, how cool would it be if you had a satilite in your living room.

neigbors-oh whats this
you- thats just the first satilite in the vangard series by nasa.
n-what?
y-yeah, it was launched in 1958 to test the technologie to put up satilites.
n-cool
y-i know, i stole it from space
n-what?
y-yeah i asked a bunch of people on the internet for money so i could build a capsule to fly to space and take it home.
n-really?
y- it cost me 4 million dollars to do. and i almost died. but winning the lottery helped out alot, considering everyone on the internet thought i thought it was a crack pipe.
n-you somke crack?
y-no but on the internet i called myself crack tastic and people thought i smoked mountains.
n- well you did steal a satilite outta space. how did you think that one up? you musta been on crack.
y-i was on ask yahoo.com and someone asked Is Sputnik still orbiting the Earth? i endedd up reading the page and finding a link to the vangard one page on the nasa site.
n-do you steal alot?
y-yes. but i usualy steal music off the internet. its fun you should try  it.\
n-i already do
y.but i dont only steal music. you better not leave anything outside.
n-ok...,
y-{stern look}
n-hummm.
y-yeah.
n-wellll, i guess ill see you around.
y-oh yeah, it was a pleasure you could stop by.
n-anytime.
y-goodbye now.

you see, it would be a conversation starter.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 03:53:53 PM »
lmao, what a laugh.

So thas Sputnik......

Crack Tastic

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 04:01:55 PM »
no this is sputnik

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 04:46:06 PM »
You know I'm down. I just bought some ski masks off ebay.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Crack Tastic

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 04:48:14 PM »
cool.

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 11:57:02 PM »
At first glance, I thought it was some kinda pipe..........lol, what a fiend, get off that shit bud!!

we can probably turn it into a pipe. ive seen and smoked out of some pretty weird ones. ne one ever smoked out of an apple? :-)

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 12:02:27 AM »

we can probably turn it into a pipe. ive seen and smoked out of some pretty weird ones. ne one ever smoked out of an apple? :-)
Talk about Space Boogie: A Smoke Odyessy
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 10:19:49 AM »
nah, how cool would it be if you had a satilite in your living room.

neigbors-oh whats this
you- thats just the first satilite in the vangard series by nasa.
n-what?
y-yeah, it was launched in 1958 to test the technologie to put up satilites.
n-cool
y-i know, i stole it from space
n-what?
y-yeah i asked a bunch of people on the internet for money so i could build a capsule to fly to space and take it home.
n-really?
y- it cost me 4 million dollars to do. and i almost died. but winning the lottery helped out alot, considering everyone on the internet thought i thought it was a crack pipe.
n-you somke crack?
y-no but on the internet i called myself crack tastic and people thought i smoked mountains.
n- well you did steal a satilite outta space. how did you think that one up? you musta been on crack.
y-i was on ask yahoo.com and someone asked Is Sputnik still orbiting the Earth? i endedd up reading the page and finding a link to the vangard one page on the nasa site.
n-do you steal alot?
y-yes. but i usualy steal music off the internet. its fun you should try  it.\
n-i already do
y.but i dont only steal music. you better not leave anything outside.
n-ok...,
y-{stern look}
n-hummm.
y-yeah.
n-wellll, i guess ill see you around.
y-oh yeah, it was a pleasure you could stop by.
n-anytime.
y-goodbye now.

you see, it would be a conversation starter.

LOL

The Best of 3 Worlds

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 03:25:30 PM »

lol i used to do that when i was like 13 and 14