Author Topic: DMX and Ja Rule End Beef  (Read 1485 times)

reeyotch

• 'G'
Re: DMX and Ja Rule End Beef
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2006, 12:50:16 PM »
I don't think Ja Rule even has a career right now

Neither does DMX, if his sales of "Year of the Dog, Again" are anything to go by.

How many copies sold??
Tupac's on the milkbox missin'

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 12:52:32 PM »
Ja's career ain't dead. He still puttin' in work.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2006, 01:01:13 PM »
LOL @ ppl saying ja killed aftermath on loose change....that shit wasnt even tight....only the ending where he talks about em's fam...just like bumpy said that dre line alone killed ja.....

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 01:55:11 PM »
Lets face it, all Ja Rule's soft track are better than 50's.

I agree with you there. I gave a listen to Ja Rules greatest hits the other day and it sounded better than almost all shit released today so...
Plus Venni Vetti Vecci was rediculous as well.

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 02:11:37 PM »
I don't know about Loose Change, but Busta killed Ja on "Hail Mary".Nobody candeny that
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 02:19:58 PM »
there were good disses from both sides

ppl don't want to listen to anything Murder Inc affiliated though so they won't some of the disses that came outta them.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2006, 04:11:17 PM »
"R.U.L.E." was nice period (besides about 2 or 3 songs & the skits). I don't know why there's so much hate for Ja.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

kingwell

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2006, 05:14:43 PM »
""Gotti sat down and we squashed it. I said he [Ja Rule] got to stop sounding like me.""

That right there says the beef isn't squashed.  You don't make peace with someone and throw dirt on them like that, whether it's true or not.

Narrator

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 05:41:25 PM »
How many copies sold??

According to last week's soundscan:

132 DMX YEAR OF THE DOG AGAIN 6,781 -19 8,376 257,282

50 hasn't ended Ja's career because he's made even worse tracks than Ja did. Maybe if he had kept making hard tracks instead of shit like Candy Shop Ja would have no chance but 50 has set it up for him to come back possibly even better than he was.

Lets face it, all Ja Rule's soft track are better than 50's.

Hell no...Ja's soft tracks are basically him trying to sing and sucking at it, and when he isn't, some terrible R&B bitch like Ashanti is.  At least 50 sounds halfway decent singing hooks, plus (before Olivia), he didn't rely on R&B singers.  And when Ja tried to sound hard and thuggish, it always came across as forced.  Honestly, I agree with X that Ja did bite his style...when I first heard Ja on "Can I Get A...", my first impression was that he was a DMX clone.  50 at least had that slick hustler's charisma.

I agree that on some level, Ja was hated on unfairly...he wasn't any worse (and probably a little better) than 90% of the pop-thug rappers of the time.  But when you're that popular, it's inevitable you're gonna become the poster boy for everything that's wrong with hip-hop, just as 50 himself is today.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 05:47:10 PM by Ellsworth "Bumpy" Johnson »

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 06:11:25 PM »
Real talk MoSav I think its Funny when people say 50 killed Ja , Ja murdered em all LOose Change was a better diss then any of 50's gabbage disses

You two are the only ones you think so, then.

50 may not have killed Ja...but Eminem and Busta sure did on "Hail Mary", and Dre's verse on Obie's "Shit Hits The Fan" was even more devastating.  I mean, come on, how you gon fuck with, "And pussy, you're not Pac/I knew him/Pac was a real nigga/You just a fuckin insult to him"?  That line alone probably did it, and Ja was weak enough already.

"Im talkin bout faggot ass gay Dre young, and Suge told me all about how you used to take trasnvestites home and occasionally wear thongs"

That line killed Dre.

"and you, ni99a amma send you mommy with strict orders from Gotti to hide the body"

When that made you look beat hits, your just like WOW.....And what u have 2 remember is Ja did it alone, his back was against the wall tryna battle the whole of gunit, d12, obie trice, eminem and Dre....He was never gon win the war but IMO he won the battle.

The Maestro

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006, 06:34:30 PM »
Neither of them have a career. DMX never had a problem with Ja emulating him when he was taking him on tour 7 years ago did he?

Despite all the bullshit I like Ja's albums up until Last Temptation (last one I heard).

Lol @ Game poppin' up.

1st part of ur post was on point
2nd part totally ruined ur credibility
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Narrator

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2006, 07:08:54 PM »
"Im talkin bout faggot ass gay Dre young, and Suge told me all about how you used to take trasnvestites home and occasionally wear thongs"

That line killed Dre.

Taking Suge's word on that matter = No cred whatsoever.

How did Ja "kill" Dre if Dre's still got mo money and mo respect than Ja will ever have?

"and you, ni99a amma send you mommy with strict orders from Gotti to hide the body"

When that made you look beat hits, your just like WOW.....And what u have 2 remember is Ja did it alone, his back was against the wall tryna battle the whole of gunit, d12, obie trice, eminem and Dre....He was never gon win the war but IMO he won the battle.

It didn't make me do anything but shrug.  Just about nothing Ja ever said in any of his disses is worthy of quotable status.  On the other hand, lines like 50's "you sing for ho's and sound like the Cookie monster" and Busta's entire verse on "Hail mary" most definitely are.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2006, 05:02:16 PM »
Ja ended his own career.  He started making straight up bullshit, 50 just highlighted the fact.

But back onto the actual subject - good to see the beef ending peacefully altho most ppl prolly even forgot they had beef.  :D

« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 05:04:57 PM by Mac 10 »
NO MORE WAR

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2006, 07:07:28 PM »
someone upload some of the diss tracks,what cd was loose change on again?

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2006, 07:16:59 PM »
"Gotti came to me in jail and said I want to make peace with you and him," the rapper said. "I was like, 'Alright Gotti, let's do it. But I need five minutes in a room with your man. I got to put my hands on him.'"

:camp: