Author Topic: Raekwon officially on Aftermath  (Read 1067 times)

Jome

Re: Raekwon officially on Aftermath
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2006, 04:06:42 PM »
The game right now > > > Raekwon right now.

Wow. 

Word, dude must have missed Rae's last 20 verses, the Game bandwagon never stops apparently.

Cowboy

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 04:39:48 PM »
heres some info on the album...

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II is a 2006 album by Wu-Tang Clan rap artist Raekwon. It will serve as a sequel to Raekwon's 1995 album, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, and is to feature Wu-Tang members GZA and Inspectah Deck almost exclusively. Some tracks are the result of several LA studio sessions originally aimed towards creating a new Clan album.

The album is to be released as a joint venture between Wu-Tang and Dr. Dre's Aftermath Entertainment. Producers are set to include RZA, Dr. Dre, Scram Jones, and Jay Dee. Nas and Fat Joe have been approached about guest appearances, and Busta Rhymes (who is, informally, co-executive producing the project) will probably be on the album as well. Red Hot Chili Peppers' guitarist, John Frusciante is also said to have played guitar on a few joints for this album - and along with a few other RZA beats, in general.

Similar to the first Cuban Linx album, OB4CLII will be set up in a cinematic fashion, with skits loosely tying each song together in a sort of storyline, and each rapper playing an implied "persona" of sorts; for instance, Raekwon being the main protagonist, with GZA and Inspectah Deck playing "supporting roles" throughout.

Tracks that are confirmed are the RZA-produced "Secret Indictment," which will be the second single off of the album (after "State of Grace"), "House Of Flying Daggers" produced by J Dilla, "Kareem Khan" featuring GZA, produced by RZA and Justice (GZA's son), a Raekwon solo produced by RZA: "Thug World", "Rock Stars and Smoking Barrels" featuring GZA and Inspectah Deck "No Matter How Hard You Try" is another RZA produced track and features Inspectah Deck and finally a track produced by Dr. Dre featuring RZA and Busta Rhymes. The main sidekick in "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx", Ghostface Killah is rumored to be appearing on three of the tracks.

In a recent interview with MTV Europe, Raekwon said the album was about 96% complete and it's in the sequencing process. The first single off of the album is "State of Grace," produced by RZA, and already has a remix featuring Busta Rhymes.

Other rumours include the colour purple being included on the album cover to pay homage to the purple cassette that the first Only Built 4 Cuban Linx came out on. According to RZA, the whole Wu-Tang Clan has been confirmed for appearances and at least three Dre beats are favorite picks for the album. Wu-Tang Corp

Most recently, it was announced on the Wu-Tang Corp. website that Raekwon's management has stated that the album is about done and the production is credited to Dr. Dre and RZA equally.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2006, 05:50:47 PM »

what does Game have to do with this subject?? there the kids go again bringin him up  ::)

Nah man, i mean Dre dropped game and signed Raekwon, dont seem like a good business move 2 me. Wasnt just throwing his name in there 4 no reason.

The Maestro

Patrick Bateman

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 06:27:34 PM »

what does Game have to do with this subject?? there the kids go again bringin him up  ::)

Nah man, i mean Dre dropped game and signed Raekwon, dont seem like a good business move 2 me. Wasnt just throwing his name in there 4 no reason.

Um...did i miss something Game did recently? ???

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 06:28:32 PM »
Yah! Only 4 years til his album is released!

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 06:32:20 PM »

Nah, nuthin much just dropped a multi platinum selling album and is about to release, arguably, the most anticipated album in years.

The Maestro

Suga Foot

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2006, 06:34:01 PM »
This'll probably be like the Firm album where it has like 5 labels on the back.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2006, 07:42:09 PM »
does that mean that the will release 10 singles on the net and push the cd back 8 times?

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 10:13:54 PM »
does that mean that the will release 10 singles on the net and push the cd back 8 times?

if where lucky, 10 singles that be cool you can make your own little mix cd out of that..   :)

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2006, 12:34:05 AM »

Wow. 

Word, dude must have missed Rae's last 20 verses, the Game bandwagon never stops apparently.

GAME>>>>GUNIT thats why you really get butthurt about Game cuz he owns the whole GUNIT CAMP

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2006, 12:34:26 AM »
but RAEKWON>>>GAME

The Best of 3 Worlds

Sikotic™

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2006, 12:40:59 AM »
Aftermath hasn't been having too much luck with East Coast acts outside of G-Unit, so it'll flop.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Okka

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2006, 01:35:08 AM »
I hope this really happens, i think Rae will sound dope over Dre's beats...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2006, 03:43:02 AM »

Nah, nuthin much just dropped a multi platinum selling album and is about to release, arguably, the most anticipated album in years.

And since when are sales so important ? He might have a buzz but the 3 tracks that leaked are not good.

Rae runs laps around Game.

Jome

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2006, 07:44:27 AM »

Wow. 

GAME>>>>GUNIT thats why you really get butthurt about Game cuz he owns the whole GUNIT CAMP
but RAEKWON>>>GAME

LOL, dumbass, I already told you Rae is better than Game, not a rocket scientist ehh ?

And LOL @ getting butthurt because Rae is 20 times better lyrically than Game.
M.O.P. & Mobb Deep >>>>> Game.