Author Topic: Today sucked...  (Read 672 times)

Sub-Z

Re: Today sucked...
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2002, 12:40:13 AM »
you can play,havent you heard of wheel chair basketball?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2002, 12:45:28 AM »
i'll get elneckio to holla.. he is an expert at recovering from basketball related ankle injuries ;)

Yea, well i needed people to tell me if Id be able too play basketball tommorow, but than I forgot that only soccer fans from the UK post here...So yea, I shoulda never made this thread...Peace

btw: neckio runs the local teams site...  http://www.revolutionbasketball.co.uk

dont think us UK peeps dont like basketball  ;)

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2002, 12:54:28 AM »
It serves you fucking right for molesting little kids at a park

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2002, 01:01:10 AM »
It serves you fucking right for molesting little kids at a park

LMAO

bez

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2002, 03:35:30 AM »
LOLOLOL so funny.  LOLOLOLOLOL.  Hope u get better

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2002, 04:01:26 AM »
and since roccy doesnt jump when he plays basketball, roccy stayed on the ground and stuck his fat foot straight out and I landed right on it

LMAO LMAO...LMAO^^... ;D fa real i couldnt stop loughin for like 15 minutes..lol...anyways,  rest for a coupla days dog, and do what BLADE said :) , u'll be OK.

p.s lmao lmao lmao lmao....wahahaha... ;D
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

elneckio

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2002, 04:47:00 AM »
If its as bad as you say it is then chances are playing any time in the next 5 days is going to be impossible, even if you could you'll probably be so slow you'll never catch a pass.  

If it is really painfull then it is possible you might have a small fracture, if you really do suspect this then get it checked out by a professional, you'll never fix that by yourself !

Anyway back to instructions for normal sprain/twists :

Tonight, make sure you rest with the foot up and with an ice pack resting on it (the ones you pack in cooler boxes are good for that).  Avoid putting weight on it when possible, sit don't stand when u can.

Once you feel good enough to play again make sure you wear a support on the ankle, this is not to make it easier to play but to remind your brain when playing not to push it too hard.  Try cycling or swimming for non-impact training to keep you fit, but take it easy.

After two-three weeks your ankle should be pretty much back to normal, if you experience any swellings then chances are you have pulled the ligaments - which sucks because your ankle can go from perfectly normal to exploding in minutes !  The only fix I have found works for that is ultrasound at the hospital.

Also if you sprain the ankle on the inside of your leg it tends to take longer than the outside ones to heal (and is more painfull).

All the ideas/opinions above are from my own experience of about 15 ankle injuries, I have no medical training so will not be held responsible for your actions but I hope it gets better soon :)
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2002, 07:52:53 AM »
That is what u get For calling me an Idiot muahahahahahhaahaahahahahh  ;D MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAH  ;D MUAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAAH

Did u choke on a burger? what the hell is muahaahah? LmAO

LOL, who gives a fuck, u are a pussy, no one wants to hear u moan like a lil bitch ass house wife........

"I think we better call the police son" LMAO, dont EVER even put the word pussy in your mouth unless its about yourself...They dont know about this yet, but if u piss me off enough Ill post the convo (the one on the phone)...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2002, 07:55:07 AM »
If its as bad as you say it is then chances are playing any time in the next 5 days is going to be impossible, even if you could you'll probably be so slow you'll never catch a pass.  

If it is really painfull then it is possible you might have a small fracture, if you really do suspect this then get it checked out by a professional, you'll never fix that by yourself !

Anyway back to instructions for normal sprain/twists :

Tonight, make sure you rest with the foot up and with an ice pack resting on it (the ones you pack in cooler boxes are good for that).  Avoid putting weight on it when possible, sit don't stand when u can.

Once you feel good enough to play again make sure you wear a support on the ankle, this is not to make it easier to play but to remind your brain when playing not to push it too hard.  Try cycling or swimming for non-impact training to keep you fit, but take it easy.

After two-three weeks your ankle should be pretty much back to normal, if you experience any swellings then chances are you have pulled the ligaments - which sucks because your ankle can go from perfectly normal to exploding in minutes !  The only fix I have found works for that is ultrasound at the hospital.

Also if you sprain the ankle on the inside of your leg it tends to take longer than the outside ones to heal (and is more painfull).

All the ideas/opinions above are from my own experience of about 15 ankle injuries, I have no medical training so will not be held responsible for your actions but I hope it gets better soon :)

Thanks, I appreciate that...

ROCCY

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2002, 10:49:10 AM »

Did u choke on a burger? what the hell is muahaahah? LmAO

"I think we better call the police son" LMAO, dont EVER even put the word pussy in your mouth unless its about yourself...They dont know about this yet, but if u piss me off enough Ill post the convo (the one on the phone)...

lol I was playing and so u all know, I do jump when I play basketball I just dont jump when im playing with kids that are 5.8 when im 6.1..peace

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2002, 10:55:08 AM »
NIK tell us the story it sounds funny

ROCCY

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2002, 11:08:40 AM »
NIK tell us the story it sounds funny

Basicly we where playing basketball and the other kids, picked me, and the others picked him, and I Was down center, and sccits teamate shot the ball, and he jumped up to get the rebound (When I didnt do anything but stand there since I didnt feel like getting the rebound) and he landed on my big toe (The Infected one) then sccit fell like a little girl, and is like 'ahhh ahhhhh ahhhhh'...but no one saw him fall except me...so he stood up and he continued playing for like 30 secs, and then hes like I dont wanna play anymore, and they called him a bitch...Thats basicly about it....Peace

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2002, 11:15:09 AM »
Not that one dumbass

The one about the phone convo "I think we better call the police son"

Tell us that story

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2002, 11:22:44 AM »
Not that one dumbass

The one about the phone convo "I think we better call the police son"

Tell us that story

LoL, I know, Roccy, stop making yourself look retarded...And dont lie...U  N E V E R  jump when u play basketball, u just stand there putting your hands up like a retard tryna get the basketball...the only time u ever score is when ure playing with little kids like we did yesterday...when we play with older people u dont even make one shot...LMAO...

LoL, dont even try too clown about how somone plays basketball, Mr I-Dont-jump-cuz-Im-too-fat-too-get-off-the-ground...Everybody falls on the floor when they play basketball...well maybe not u...You just defy garvity...LoL

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2002, 11:27:04 AM »

and they called him a bitch...Thats basicly about it....Peace

Oh, and nobody called me a bitch too my face...This Little black kid said it too his friend behind my back when I was gone, because one time I got mad at him and I socked him, and he called his brother on me, and his brother didnt do shit...LoL, so hes still mad at that...