Author Topic: John Legend  (Read 363 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: John Legend
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 04:49:43 PM »
You don't just make a play on John Lennon like that.

Lol, who gives a fuck about that?

Anybody with half a fuckin brain. It's fucking gay.  Thats on some weak ass gimmick shit.  Seems like you like 2pac...Well what if some dude comes out and decides his name is 3pac.  Yeah he might be alright but to make a play off 2pacs name isn't right.  It's just hype and they're banking off of somebody elses rep.  The name "John Legend" is an obvious play off of the name "John Lennon".  So while I'm sure there's people out there that are like "Oh thats so clever how he played off of John Lennon's name, I think I'll now give his music a chance".

I on the other hand react completely opposite "Oh so to draw attention to themselves they have come up with some gimmick.  That must mean the music isn't good enough to carry this "artist".  Fuck it then"

It's called hype, and when they do that shit, they damn well better be right, cuz if they're not I'm never gonna take them seriously.  And I don't give a fuck how good John "Legend" is , he's def not gonna be John Lennon.  Thats a title that would be earned, not proclaimed.

Did Kanye name this dude? 

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 02:41:14 AM »
Damn i thought John Legend was his real name....Jrome you prick now il think about tht everytime i hear his name! lol

and....

I still listen to his album too. Can't wait for another.

The Maestro

XaNdEr

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 03:33:36 AM »
i dont like those r&b singing fags, like ne-yo, mario, john legend and stuff...they soundin like some dude with their ballz cut off  ::)

ABN

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 05:14:15 AM »
i dont like those r&b singing fags, like ne-yo, mario, john legend and stuff...they soundin like some dude with their ballz cut off  ::)
these "fags" fucks more girls every month then you´ll do in your entire life.

'EclipZe

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 05:29:09 AM »

those 'fags' >>>>>>>>>>>>> game + like pissin on the throna said they fuck more girls every month then you'll do in ur entire life.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 07:39:23 AM »
You don't just make a play on John Lennon like that.

Lol, who gives a fuck about that?

Anybody with half a fuckin brain. It's fucking gay.  Thats on some weak ass gimmick shit.  Seems like you like 2pac...Well what if some dude comes out and decides his name is 3pac.  Yeah he might be alright but to make a play off 2pacs name isn't right.  It's just hype and they're banking off of somebody elses rep.  The name "John Legend" is an obvious play off of the name "John Lennon".  So while I'm sure there's people out there that are like "Oh thats so clever how he played off of John Lennon's name, I think I'll now give his music a chance".

I on the other hand react completely opposite "Oh so to draw attention to themselves they have come up with some gimmick.  That must mean the music isn't good enough to carry this "artist".  Fuck it then"

It's called hype, and when they do that shit, they damn well better be right, cuz if they're not I'm never gonna take them seriously.  And I don't give a fuck how good John "Legend" is , he's def not gonna be John Lennon.  Thats a title that would be earned, not proclaimed.

Did Kanye name this dude? 

I don't really see the gimmick. Do u know for a fact that it is a play off of "Lennon"?

John Legend > John Lennon

those 'fags' >>>>>>>>>>>>> game + like pissin on the throna said they fuck more girls every month then you'll do in ur entire life.

Lol, yeah

kemizt

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 04:19:05 PM »

LMFAO!! Any ounce of credibility you had is gone. 

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2006, 07:32:37 AM »

LMFAO!! Any ounce of credibility you had is gone. 

Yeah, like I care.

kemizt

XaNdEr

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 11:34:31 AM »
these "fags" fucks more girls every month then you´ll do in your entire life.

ur gaymate legend has been epxosed man, accept the loss, ur words soundin like u on some hater shit

and @ that fool rambling john legend >>> john lennon, use a fool man, lennon did way more 4 musci then legend will ever do

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 12:14:22 PM »

and @ that fool rambling john legend >>> john lennon, use a fool man, lennon did way more 4 musci then legend will ever do

So what. I don't listen to Lennon or Beatles, so I don't give a fuck. Music is all opinions, and my opinion is Legend > lennon!

kemizt

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2006, 12:26:24 PM »

So what. I don't listen to Lennon or Beatles, so I don't give a fuck. Music is all opinions, and my opinion is Legend > lennon!

so true on the opinion part.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2006, 01:32:47 PM »
John Legend's first album is one of the best albums I've ever heard in any genre in my opinion. I'm looking forward to new music from him.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2006, 02:06:55 PM »
I never actually notice the Lennon/Legend thing until now.  I dont think thats such a big factor, the man makes great music, and in 20 years who'se to say he wont reach Lennon's level?  hes only been in the game 3 years, as afar as his albums are concerned.

-KIDRENEGADE-

We Fly High

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2006, 04:50:15 PM »
man, whoevers trippin about john legend sounding similar to john lennon is just trippin..

do you know for a fact that he made that name to sound like john lennon? or is it also verry possible that its just a coincidence.
my boss was actually his college roommate, and so i know whats up, and basically he got the name Legend because people just kept on telling him that he sounded like an "old legend", like someone that has been doing it for years and years, like he gives off more of an old school R&B vibe, so thats why they decided to call him john legend.

ecrazy

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2006, 06:08:24 PM »
Isnt his real Name "John Stevens" or something like that, and he just changed the last name to LEGEND because its kinda a play on words type of thing where he wants to be a legend