Author Topic: NaS & Jay-Z: Taking it Back 2 Africa  (Read 208 times)

AndrE16686

NaS & Jay-Z: Taking it Back 2 Africa
« on: October 03, 2006, 01:13:22 AM »
Hip-hop star NAS has vowed his surprise collaboration with JAY-Z on stage in London last week (27SEP06) won't be his last - he wants them to travel to Africa together. The rapper thrilled the Royal Albert Hall audience when he performed three songs with his pal, following in the footsteps of fellow guest stars CHRIS MARTIN, GWYNETH PALTROW and BEYONCE KNOWLES. Now Nas reveals he's already discussed doing further tour dates in Africa with the 99 PROBLEMS hitmaker. He tells MTV, "There are some conversations me and Jay are having about doing some more tour dates. Nothing is confirmed, but there are some serious conversations about Africa and a few other countries. "I would like to do the Africa thing. And that would be about it, because it's the most important thing for Africans to see two African-Americans, their lost children, who's been the head of hip-hop culture. "A lot of our verses are misinterpreted in other countries, and they get the N-word wrong and they don't understand why we come up like this and why we say the things we say. So when they say it and when they do it, they just doing the gangsta mentality. They don't understand where it comes from, so we want to bring that connection from America to Africa and show them what we mean and show the brotherhood and show that me and this brother is about peace."
02/10/2006 17:38

http://contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/nas%20and%20jay-z%20to%20team%20up%20again_1009808

can't wait for both their albums to drop and smother us wit lyrics!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 05:11:00 AM by YGZ »

Diabolical

Re: NaS & Jay-Z: Taking it Back 2 Africa
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 10:31:02 AM »
Lol, when I first read i though it was talking about just those two going on holiday.

MacGyver

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 12:08:40 PM »
Back to Africa jibberish  ::)

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 07:42:19 PM »
*Yawn*
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Tha_Blaq_Sinattra

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 12:20:45 PM »
This is dope because even though the Africans love Hip-Hop (Tupac is worshiped over there) they often get it wrong like he said. That's a huge market of 600,000,000 people. When Hip-Hop really gets going over there untold riches await. Not only with American artists, but when we develop the African artists. Another area where Hip-Hop is huge is central and south America and the West indies. Let's get this money! ;D