Author Topic: Jadakiss Pleads Not Guilty To Gun Charges  (Read 53 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Jadakiss Pleads Not Guilty To Gun Charges
« on: October 11, 2006, 01:08:31 AM »
After three days in jail, Jadakiss is on his way home.

The rapper, who was arrested Saturday morning on gun and drug-possession charges in Yonkers, New York, called in to New York radio station Hot 97 Tuesday (October 10) and spoke to host Angie Martinez to tell his fans he's OK.

"I should have been home sleeping, getting ready to do the 'VH1 Hip-Hop Honors' with Styles P. Instead, I was in the 'hood, being a knucklehead," he said. Police claim 31-year-old Jadakiss (real name: Jason T. Phillips) and two other men were found in a parked car with a .38 caliber revolver that had been reported stolen and marijuana. Although he didn't talk about the case much on the air, Jada said when police showed up, "I was outside the car. The car was locked. You figure it out."

Jada appeared in court earlier Tuesday and pleaded not guilty to charges of criminal possession of a weapon and criminal possession of stolen property, which are both felonies. He also has a misdemeanor marijuana-possession charge from the incident pending, according to the Westchester County DA's office.

Jadakiss was released from jail after posting $5,000 bail. He's due back in court on October 20.

This report is provided by MTV News (MTV.com)
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com