Author Topic: A.G. Drops New Album "Get Dirty Radio" October 31st  (Read 56 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
A.G. Drops New Album "Get Dirty Radio" October 31st
« on: October 12, 2006, 12:52:18 AM »
Look Records is proud to announce the upcoming release of AG’s Get Dirty Radio. Legendary MC AG—aka Andre the Giant—brings the fire with an arsenal of sick new producers. Longtime collaborators, Lord Finesse and Showbiz are also still in the mix!

On the Madlib-produced “Frozen” (the album’s first single), AG proves he’s still got the verbal skills that made him a legend: Niggas say we real cause the way we got down/ From the streets to the industry locked down/Plot now on the world that’s the next stop/ Ladies listen cause I’m known to hit the wet spot. The DJ Design-produced “Triumph” bears much personal significance for AG, who’s overcome many trials and tribulations in his life, from a murder charge (since overturned), industry-related politics and the tragic death of his good friend Big L. On the track, he pays homage to his fallen comrade, declaring Big L will never be forgotten, then goes on to say, the Big Apple, I eat it rotten/ Just to keep it poppin’. Another unquestioned highlight is one of J-Dilla’s last production credits, “Hip Hop Quotable (feat. Aloe Blacc), a brilliant track which traces the history of hip-hop through its more memorable lyrics over the years, and finds AG up in the lab, stabbing that pad with a pen again.

Get Dirty Radio’s emphasis on lyrical skills, classic concepts, and innovative new music might just change people’s minds about the current state of NY rap, which in recent years has followed trends more than it has set them.

The album marks not only a return to form for East Coast-style rap, but a new beginning for AG, a member of the fabled Diggin’ In the Crates (DITC) crew, still fondly remembered by hip-hop heads for such classic tracks as “Soul Clap,” “Runaway Slave,” and “Party Groove.” AG says making Get Dirty Radio “revitalized” him as an artist, to the point where he feels he’s at the “peak” of his game, 17 years after releasing his first record. “If I’m gonna be in it, I gotta live it,” he explains. “And Imma a live it to the fullest.”

Show and AG’s first EP came out in 1990; an LP, Runaway Slave, followed in 1992; both are hailed as Golden Age gems which currently demand a pretty penny on eBay.

Unfortunately, Show & AG’s 1995 album Goodfellaz got caught up in industry politics after their then-label Payday was bought by Universal. 1998’s independently-released DITC album, Full Scale, moved a reported 30,000 units on vinyl and was hailed by the Source as one of the top underground albums of that year; in 1999, AG dropped his first solo album, The Dirty Version. Since then, the rapper has been sought out for guest verses on records by Dilated Peoples, Blacksheep, DJ Greyboy, Casual, and Handsome Boy Modeling School.

The Giant is back. Get the ears ready! Get Dirty Radio is a modern-day classic by a classic artist.

Source: www.yoraps.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
Re: A.G. Drops New Album "Get Dirty Radio" October 31st
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 08:00:56 AM »
cool, i still bump goodfellas once in a while, he got a sick flow