Author Topic: Not another Detox Thread........Pt. 1  (Read 374 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Not another Detox Thread........Pt. 1
« on: October 15, 2006, 02:29:15 AM »
Yeah...I know we're all tired of talkin about Detox, and some of us are startin to care less and less if it even comes out. But just for discussion's sake.....

1. What kind of first video would you like to see? Would you want it to be a completely typical West Coast video, meaning Sunny L.A. California with palm trees, lowriders, cute females, just like Still D.R.E.? Would you want it to be a club type video, more like Next Episode or How we do? Would you want it to be a very dark video? Would u want it to be hella futuristic? Etc. etc. etc.

2. What are u tryin to hear Dre talk about? Do u still want him to talk with that "I made rap what it is" "You can't forget about me" tone...or do you want him to keep it gangsta on some "I kill nigggs who try me" "I am in the streets"....or talkin about celebrity life and it's ups n downs....or talkin about all the shit that's happened at Aftermath in the last few years....etc etc???

3. If you could pick five beats that Dre's done since 2004 and use them as what Detox would sound like, which beats would u pick?

4. Do you think this will end up being the best West Coast album, or even rap album, released this decade, and do you think it'll really have the impact to be remembered as "THE" rap album of the decade?

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re: Not another Detox Thread........Pt. 1
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 02:52:44 AM »
1) Either a typical West Coast video or a video with a concept to it (think: Common's "Testify").

2) I don't want to hear Dre talking about leading a gangster lifestyle because we all know that that image doesn't reflect Dre's reality. I'd like to hear him talking about the state of hip-hop, social topics (government, poverty, etc...) and stuff like that. That doesn't mean he has to sound like Common/Mos Def/Talib Kweli but it's stupid to be talking about "carrying weapons" when you're living in the Hollywood Hills.

3) Get You Some, Higher, Don't Get Carried Away, Encore and ??

4) Well, I never really thought about what hip-hop album could be labeled as "album of the decade" but 2001 would come close, I guess. If Detox is able to top 2001's level, then yeah...it might end up being the best rap album in the last years.

What I would really like to see from Dre is that he breaks certain standards in rap music: meaning, 99.9% of rap songs last 5 or 6 minutes maximum. Why not switch it up and do like rock bands where they have several bridges in their song, a solo (keys, saxophone, bass, etc... from Dre's musicians for instance), a choir, etc....so that the song lasts about 8/9/10 minutes. Wouldn't that be dope? Kind of like Kanye did on "Jesus Walks", where the song kinda builts itself up toward Kanye's last verse. Why NOT put an end to the standard 5/6-minute rap song? It's like an unwritten rule in rap music. Game apparently tried to break that standard with the Nas song on Doctor's Advocate, so it must be possible...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 02:55:40 AM by CRAFTY »

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 04:27:01 AM »
1) Dark video with a concept would be good

2) I don't really see Dre spitting that gangsta shit, it wouldn't fit him at all now."or talkin about celebrity life and it's ups n downs....or talkin about all the shit that's happened at Aftermath in the last few years" pretty much that, I wouldn't min socially conscious lyrics too or something like that

3) Imagine, Outta Control Remix, Get You Some, Encore, The Game Don't Wait Remix

4) It really could be, I really fell what CRAFTY said
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 05:16:13 AM »
1) Since its gonna be his last album i would like Dre to stick to his roots. So i hope he comes out with a old skool westcoast video. That have a lot of artist in it who he used to work with. It would be nice to see NWA, Doggpound, xzbit etc. in one video.

2) I would like to see him reflect on his musical career, hat happened over the years, in what a state hiphop is now in and maybe get a little political. Thats why i like the concept of the song Imagine from Snoop's new album.

3) Outta control remix and Imagine

4) I dont think its gonna be the best West album ever, but i hope it will be top 10 material. But i hope its gonna be remembered as THE album of the last few years. I think real hiphop heads are waiting for albums like this, cuz with Dre you know for sure hes gonna give it the best he can. Hes a perfectionist thats why he isnt releasing the album until hes satisfied with it. And thats better for us, cuz we dont want a rushed half finshed dre album. Especialy cuz its probably gonna be his last album.  And i dont really care if its as influential as chronic or chronic 2001. As long as dre keeps it westcoast. But maybe he will come with a new west sound that can help the west get back on top. But we just have to wait and see.

ABN

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 05:36:54 AM »
1. Well i want Dre to make a video(a real video not that BS 50 did) for every song. and of course the videos should go hand in hand with what he´s talking about on the records.

2. I think he should keep it honest about his life and all the drama that´s been circulating around the whole Aftermath camp in the last couple of years. i´d like to hear more songs like Express Yo'self, The Message and Bang Bang.

3. Outta Control Remix,Encore,Higher,Get You Some and Start From Scratch.

4. If it´s anything less then great i don´t think Dre will release it at all so i´m not worried about the quality.

MediumL

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 07:07:50 AM »
1. I would like to see a bit of a dark video but i guess it depends on what the songs about.

2. I'd like him to rap about aftermath, his career and issues affecting hip hop and the black community.

3. This is kinda hard because dre hasn't done much since 04. Higher, Outta Control remix, Cocaine, Westside Story and When it rains it pours.

4. I hope its on the same level or surpasses the chronic and 2001 although i dont think it will have as bigger impact as either. Hopefully it will be something that people have in their top 5 albums etc...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 07:10:08 AM by MediumL »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 07:36:25 AM »
1. I think the first video should be dark, maybe in black and white.

2. I see Dre reminiscing about his glory days and how he's seen how things have changed. Sort of a "Watcher" type of single but it would have to have a darker theme to it. After hearing a snippet of Dre on Imagine in that Snoop vid I noticed Dre spitting in a lower tone and he's more serious. I think this is how he should approach most of Detox because he's breaking away from the gangsta life and out of the limelight while embracing his quiet family life. There could still be 1 or 2 party tracks but I want Detox to be very dark and serious.

3. I really think Dre should have saved the Been through the storm beat for detox as well as get you some and imagine, but if Dre gave those away then I'm guessing he has something far better than those beats.

4. This I would have to answer once the album has dropped because we have no clue what Dre has as far as blueprints on Detox. All we know is the theme.

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 09:12:50 AM »
1. I think like someone said a concept video, or a typicial westcoast video would be cool with everyone who Dre's worked with Snoop, Nate, Xzibit, Kurupt, Ice Cube etc.

2. Politics, Vibe Awards incident, Game & 50 fued, future of Dre & Aftermath.

Mary J Blige - Not Today
Obie Trice - Oh!
50 Cent - Gunz Come Out
The Game - Start From Scratch
Busta Rhymes - Get You Some

4. To hard to tell.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 09:17:55 AM »
1. What kind of first video would you like to see? Would you want it to be a completely typical West Coast video, meaning Sunny L.A. California with palm trees, lowriders, cute females, just like Still D.R.E.? Would you want it to be a club type video, more like Next Episode or How we do? Would you want it to be a very dark video? Would u want it to be hella futuristic? Etc. etc. etc.
it should be like a remake of the "nuthin but a g thang video"...it should be different and new but u should watch it and think "oh they did the g thang thing there"

2. What are u tryin to hear Dre talk about? Do u still want him to talk with that "I made rap what it is" "You can't forget about me" tone...or do you want him to keep it gangsta on some "I kill nigggs who try me" "I am in the streets"....or talkin about celebrity life and it's ups n downs....or talkin about all the shit that's happened at Aftermath in the last few years....etc etc???
i don;t mind the gloating, he has earned the right to boast and i'd like him to talk about beefs, growing up, and aftermath....going gangsta is a no no

3. If you could pick five beats that Dre's done since 2004 and use them as what Detox would sound like, which beats would u pick?
Higher, thats all i could think of

4. Do you think this will end up being the best West Coast album, or even rap album, released this decade, and do you think it'll really have the impact to be remembered as "THE" rap album of the decade?
it will be dre's best...so ya it will

peace

wcsoldier

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 09:39:26 AM »
1. the vid I want would represent the different steps from Dre carreer... you know NWA time, DR era, 2001 era , each period got its own style of vid... and the vid would end with a brand new style for the Detox era.

2. no gangsta shit, more mature lyrics... speaking about the last events at Aftermath and more concept songs

3. Nothing.... the last Dre beat that impressed me was "Oh".. so I want "different beats" in the same song, something that really changes the hip hop production, some crazy ideas you can't think about

4. It has to end up as the best album of the decade, if not it's not worth releasing it, that's why I think it won't never come out... not that Dre is not able but to make a such album , you have to be focused 100% on it and not wasting time for Stat Quo, Eve or signing Ortiz or whoever else

If it ever comes out, Detox won't be in stores before Nov 08....

WestCoasta

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 10:03:50 AM »

hey, if it was that would be great

the only scenario I have painted out is - it can go completely right, or it can be a disaster (as far as West Coast repping is concerned)

in other words.... if he floods it with his record label camp, it's not gonna fly too well with people who want it to be his final West Coast outro

salkku

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ''I flip flop and serve hoes with a fat dick''
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 10:04:03 AM »
1) Dark video with a concept would be good

2) I don't really see Dre spitting that gangsta shit, it wouldn't fit him at all now."or talkin about celebrity life and it's ups n downs....or talkin about all the shit that's happened at Aftermath in the last few years" pretty much that, I wouldn't min socially conscious lyrics too or something like that

3) Imagine, Outta Control Remix, Get You Some, Encore, The Game Don't Wait Remix

4) It really could be, I really fell what CRAFTY said

The Game Don't Wait Remix   was made like 2000 8)
''Why does niggas want to act funny with the money'' - DAZ

''Now if it wasn't for the West,
these rap niggas wouldn't need a vest around they chest'' - Xzibit

''you must be one of our European posters...Egypt or Moscow'' - Chamillitary Click

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 10:25:33 AM »
1) For a 1st single \ video, it should be kept simple...something like "Still D.R.E.", maybe even a clip like "Keep Their Heads Ringin", where Dre is in the middle of a crowd just rocking to the beat and everyone's going crazy around him. That shit represents him to the fullest...maybe even like a "Cali Love Remix" type thing, where it's a house party and there's a gang of cameos.

2) Lyrically, I think Dre should spit something along the lines of "The Watcher II", but maybe not for a first single...I thought his verses on "Encore" were great and Em did a sick job of adapting his writing to Dre's style...simple but effective.

3) The Setup, Encore, Start From Scratch, Get You Some, Cocaina ( basically either experimental joints or beats that have sick change-ups in the instrumental, like Cocaina during Busta's second verse )

4) Because it's Dr. Dre and alotta people will be checking for it, I'm sure it'll be another classic...it's already a freaking classic in the eyes of some people and it hasn't been released yet, this hype is so monumental. Will it deliver in my opinion, it might...it might not, depending on the ears of the listeners.