Author Topic: Where is capitalism going to lead us?  (Read 550 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Where is capitalism going to lead us?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 09:43:18 AM »
Capatalisim leads to companies buying out their competition or just plain wiping them out, eventually one company will previel above all the others and own everything, when this happens Capatalisim become's the very thing that most people think of as it's total oppisite, Commusnisim (well not true Marxist Communisim but the type of Commusnisim that we have seen and think off), one group of people owning everything but instead of being the Government it will be a Corporation, and because they will own all services they will control the world in a way no Government ever could.
capitalism can lead to this kind of positiion, which is why many countries have competition commissions to ensure fair competition, infact the EU has some of the strictest anti monopoly laws in the world.

however when u get a company like walmart having monopolistic power, u have to ask yourself how it got there - its ability bring in new efficiencies and innovate and thus bring down the cost of your shopping and as a general rule the bigger a company like this gets the cheaper things are for the consumer- however competition also stimulates efficiencies - thus depending on the market monopoly or oligopolies (not cartels!) with the right level of regulation tend to be the ideal situation because of economies of scale - although this is not always the case in reality because some people like to differentenciate themselves.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 09:45:54 AM by Don Rizzle »

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 05:12:54 PM »
despite what you see in the news capitilism has helped bring countries closer together - to the point there is now less military fueding between countries and more diplomacy. It also helped the world economic growth reach record levels. however that doesn't mean there are not losers in this too, that is the very nature of capitilism - the ownus is on one's self to suceed and those who don't find a market for themselves will fail. As old aliegencies have been lost with the demise of empire, africa for example has become a poorer continent, in their efforts to restore their dignity by taking control of their countries they have allowed laziness, incompetence and curruption to flurish within their governements. the process was too quick - people were now in power who had never been in power before and they didn't know how to use it properly, so whether it was intentional or unintentional they mismanaged things. Now also there have been drawbacks in the west because the benifit of globalisation is the ability to import cheaper product and services, but will have a negative affect on the domestic producers of such products so they may cease trading if they can't find a market for themselves and everyone who works for them will lose their jobs and those companies who supplied them will lose business because their customer no longer exists and so on...

I have no beef with capitalism. My beef is those that explote it, and create war for their own gain at the cost of millions.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 12:41:51 AM »
well i can tell you one thing, the middle class will vanish

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 06:19:34 AM »
Why do you have to have 3 cars while you can only drive one at a time?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 10:21:45 AM »
wrong. capitilism, especially over the last 40 years, has let millions of working class families living on the poverty line move into the middle classes - the primary reason has for this has been better access to education for all and anti descrimination employment laws - free labour market, this stimulates growth and as country grows so does the living standards of the residents of the country.

The best example of captilism is Hong Kong (a British creation  ;)) before we got there it was just a rock, it has no natural resources or anything like that but we turned it into a hugely successful economy, based on free markets minimal regislation. Why do you think China, a communist state, has left it pretty much untouched since we gave back in '97....

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 12:53:52 PM »
wrong. capitilism, especially over the last 40 years, has let millions of working class families living on the poverty line move into the middle classes - the primary reason has for this has been better access to education for all and anti descrimination employment laws - free labour market, this stimulates growth and as country grows so does the living standards of the residents of the country.

The best example of captilism is Hong Kong (a British creation  ;)) before we got there it was just a rock, it has no natural resources or anything like that but we turned it into a hugely successful economy, based on free markets minimal regislation. Why do you think China, a communist state, has left it pretty much untouched since we gave back in '97....

but at whose expense?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

fptz

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 01:43:04 PM »
Capitalism is only a part of the powerhungry world we're living in. It's fed by our wonderful 'democracy', which allows every person to evolve into a bigger consumer than the next man. We're fiending for riches, that's how we're being controlled by the powers that be.

Now while y'all sitting here to discuss all of this, I'm going outside to shoot me some UFO's.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 03:50:09 PM »
Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.

AndrE16686

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 01:37:12 AM »
another thing I love about capitalism is that when you go overseas to the Third World your money is like X10! When you step off that plane you are balllllllliiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn!

For eg: $1 USD is like 40 Filipino pesos, with 25 pesos you can buy a pack of cigarrettes or a Cheese Burger meal. Just think, $100 USD is alot of blowjobs and tequila my friends! Cant wait to go overseas again, maybe Bali this time, its gotten even cheaper cus of 'the terror'.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 10:06:27 AM »
u think dollars are good, try travelling on pounds!!

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 12:58:42 PM »
not necessarily in the classical sense, but the neo liberal globalized capitalism that has slowly consolidated itself over the least 30 years?

Tech has been expanding his knowledge into the dry economic shiiit these days, a realm im not too familiar with, and i have alot of questions and concerns

The system in place today is shaky, and in disorder.

The West (ie. the Atlantic powers) has basically imposed a new order on the world over the last 10 years that takes the normal "opening new markets, protecting local industries while smashing local producers etc" to a whole nother level, where the free movement of capital has basically been the number one priority

no doubt we see some of the effects in the 3rd world today.

im not gettin into any specifcs unless i actually see a decent thread forming. any opinions? new heads, any questions?

It's gonna take us to Robin hood 2: when rich steals poor.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]