Author Topic: For Diddy's Next Trick? Small Venue Tour  (Read 47 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
For Diddy's Next Trick? Small Venue Tour
« on: October 16, 2006, 09:53:34 AM »
Diddy's return to active artist duty with the new "Press Play" will be accompanied by a return to the concert stage. The rap impresario tells Billboard.com that he plans to begin a world tour in January, promising an "up close and personal" experience in "smaller types of venues" and a fresh approach to playing live.

"I'm gonna tour in a way that you've never seen me before -- with a band," says Diddy, whose last road trek came in support of his 2001 album "The Saga Continues." "It'll be a fusion between analog and live music and two turntables. It'll be a total fusion. I pride myself on being an entertainer. It'll be something that'll be refreshing for hip-hop. I look forward to that."

With "Press Play" due out Tuesday (Oct. 17), fans will get a chance to sample Diddy's live skills tonight on CBS' "The Late Show with David Letterman.

And although he's made noises that "Press Play" will be his last album, Diddy says he still envisions being able to go on tour whenever the desire strikes him. "I probably still will make some appearances and do some things that feel right," he explains. "I have so many classic hits, I'll still be able to perform."

Diddy's other major project at the moment -- besides the twin girls his girlfriend, Kim Porter, is expecting -- is a film version of "A Raisin in the Sun" that will shoot in November. Diddy is reprising the lead role of Walter Lee that he played in 2004 on Broadway.

This report is provided by Billboard.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com