Author Topic: So Has Redman Retired Or What?  (Read 636 times)

da flayboyant 2

Re: So Has Redman Retired Or What?
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2006, 07:37:29 PM »
Uh Bumpy i think you forgetting the 2 plaques Jimmy got, and the 2 plaques Cam got when he wasnt with the roc. Other than that your comments are pretty much fair. I disagree with a couple, but whatever.

Jim Jones got plaques?  No mention of it on the RIAA site.  Cam only got one plaque before the Roc, for "Confessions of Fire".  "SDE" was a flop, which is why he decided to ditch Epic and head for Def Jam and the Roc.

I ain't gonna dispute Cam's legitimacy as a star (he's got his niche, obviously), but I don't think you can deny that getting with Jay-Z did raise his popularity immensely.  Seriously, were you even listening to him before then?  I know I wasn't.

Exactly.  Horse & Carriage was a semi-hit.  "What means the World to you"  was pretty dope, but I only saw it on BET a handful of times and never anywhere elese, but SDE wasn't blowin up.  Now when he dropped "Oh Boy" and then followed up with that Commodores sampled song (can't think of the name right now) he officially had some real status.
hey ma

Narrator

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2006, 07:52:53 PM »
You guys calling Redman a great rapper are exagerating wayyyy to much i mean he's ok he was good in def squad when surrounded with talented guy even wth Method man but onhis own he's average at best. He does have some good songs.

MTL, I am very, very disappointed with you right now.  I want you to go sit in that corner over there, face the wall, and think about the horrible, blasphemous things you've just said.  And after that, I want you to put on "Whut?" and listen to it at least three times.  If you do not, you will never be allowed to speak before the GOD again.

Exactly.  Horse & Carriage was a semi-hit.  "What means the World to you"  was pretty dope, but I only saw it on BET a handful of times and never anywhere elese, but SDE wasn't blowin up.  Now when he dropped "Oh Boy" and then followed up with that Commodores sampled song (can't think of the name right now) he officially had some real status.

It's funny, I barely even remember "Horse & Carriage", or "3-5-7" or any of the other tracks that were released as singles.  As far as I remembered, he was just another anonymous pop-thug rapper who everyone else was listening to, and who appeared on some other cats' albums.  "Oh, Boy" was definitely the point where Cam even registered as remotely significant in my mind, and it was mostly just cause you couldn't go anywhere without hearing that song, it was so popular.  And now the influx of Dipset Stans on here has made it impossible for me to avoid contact with Cam and Dipset on a regular basis...I have to admit that they're part of the reason I went back and gave Cam's older stuff a chance again.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 07:57:23 PM by Ellsworth "Bumpy" Johnson »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2006, 07:55:20 PM »
Uh Bumpy i think you forgetting the 2 plaques Jimmy got, and the 2 plaques Cam got when he wasnt with the roc. Other than that your comments are pretty much fair. I disagree with a couple, but whatever.

Jim Jones got plaques?  No mention of it on the RIAA site.  Cam only got one plaque before the Roc, for "Confessions of Fire".  "SDE" was a flop, which is why he decided to ditch Epic and head for Def Jam and the Roc.

I ain't gonna dispute Cam's legitimacy as a star (he's got his niche, obviously), but I don't think you can deny that getting with Jay-Z did raise his popularity immensely.  Seriously, were you even listening to him before then?  I know I wasn't.

hey ma

Thanks. +1

herpes

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2006, 08:39:13 PM »
lmfao @ the comedy in this thread.... redman not being a great rapper, jimmy having plaques, straight comedy you guys... keep it up.

WestCoasta

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2006, 11:32:44 PM »
Redman is one of the dopest rappers ever

long time ago in that song 'Saga Continues' he said  "Def Jam forgot how to put out an artist"

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2006, 05:18:51 AM »

Nah, course i dint forget bout Juelz, but u already mentioned he went plat, so i never brung it up (not 2 make my argument look better or nethin (cough cough*)

IMO it tells you all you need 2 know that in order to get sales, he has 2 squash a beef with someone who absolutly slaughtered him, and come out of retirement himself. Pretty...

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

if your on about jim jones then he aint got one plaque solo as both his albums have sold combined around 500,000 , also dipset went gold on the roc/diplomat but cam'ron only had on plaque before the roc as sde and harlems finest flopped and cam also flopped with killa season

Nope. On my way to church = Gold.
          Diary of a Harlem summer = gold.

Hustlers POME = 10 mill on the strength of one single.

The Maestro

Narrator

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2006, 07:21:12 AM »

I'm sorry to say that the RIAA site doesn't have Jimmy down for ANY certifications at all, for either album.  Where is your proof (and it better not be Wikipedia)?

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2006, 08:23:02 AM »
From www.funkdoc.com

Quote:
Red Gone Wild Thee Album - posted on 10-07-2006
RED GONE WILD THE ALBUM WILL BE RELEASED IN MARCH OF 2007.*THIS HAS BEEN A DECISION MADE BY DEF JAM. SO PLEASE STOP SPECULATING WITH THE RUMORS AND PRE-ORDERS ETC... ITS MARCH DEFINITELY AND THE FIRST SINGLE WILL BE PRODUCED BY TIMBERLAND- SORRY FOR THE WAIT BUT IT IS WHUT IT IS

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2006, 08:25:59 AM »
From www.funkdoc.com

Quote:
Red Gone Wild Thee Album - posted on 10-07-2006
RED GONE WILD THE ALBUM WILL BE RELEASED IN MARCH OF 2007.*THIS HAS BEEN A DECISION MADE BY DEF JAM. SO PLEASE STOP SPECULATING WITH THE RUMORS AND PRE-ORDERS ETC... ITS MARCH DEFINITELY AND THE FIRST SINGLE WILL BE PRODUCED BY TIMBERLAND- SORRY FOR THE WAIT BUT IT IS WHUT IT IS

hahaha @ "definitely"

youngmessnucca

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2006, 08:58:05 AM »

Nah, course i dint forget bout Juelz, but u already mentioned he went plat, so i never brung it up (not 2 make my argument look better or nethin (cough cough*)

IMO it tells you all you need 2 know that in order to get sales, he has 2 squash a beef with someone who absolutly slaughtered him, and come out of retirement himself. Pretty...

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

if your on about jim jones then he aint got one plaque solo as both his albums have sold combined around 500,000 , also dipset went gold on the roc/diplomat but cam'ron only had on plaque before the roc as sde and harlems finest flopped and cam also flopped with killa season

In your mind only brother

anony

• 'G'
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2006, 12:17:06 AM »
its all about the benjamins,
hes pushing the artists that will sell and bring in $$$

its all business.