Author Topic: So Has Redman Retired Or What?  (Read 639 times)

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Re: So Has Redman Retired Or What?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 11:50:14 PM »
Uh Bumpy i think you forgetting the 2 plaques Jimmy got, and the 2 plaques Cam got when he wasnt with the roc. Other than that your comments are pretty much fair. I disagree with a couple, but whatever.

Nah, course i dint forget bout Juelz, but u already mentioned he went plat, so i never brung it up (not 2 make my argument look better or nethin (cough cough*)

IMO it tells you all you need 2 know that in order to get sales, he has 2 squash a beef with someone who absolutly slaughtered him, and come out of retirement himself. Pretty...

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

The Maestro

ABN

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 05:18:10 AM »
Reggie did a video and everything but Def Jam pushed his shit back. Reg needs to go indie or something coz it´s not like his fanbase is small coz he done sold millions of albums.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 09:59:39 AM »
You guys calling Redman a great rapper are exagerating wayyyy to much i mean he's ok he was good in def squad when surrounded with talented guy even wth Method man but onhis own he's average at best. He does have some good songs.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 10:31:21 AM »
You guys calling Redman a great rapper are exagerating wayyyy to much i mean he's ok he was good in def squad when surrounded with talented guy even wth Method man but onhis own he's average at best. He does have some good songs.

hahaha

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2006, 10:31:51 AM »

go listen to his first 3 albums

wcsoldier

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 10:38:13 AM »
Redman, Budden aren't droppin cds anytime soon... Detox will be in the stores before  ::)

wardy

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 12:52:00 PM »
Uh Bumpy i think you forgetting the 2 plaques Jimmy got, and the 2 plaques Cam got when he wasnt with the roc. Other than that your comments are pretty much fair. I disagree with a couple, but whatever.

Nah, course i dint forget bout Juelz, but u already mentioned he went plat, so i never brung it up (not 2 make my argument look better or nethin (cough cough*)

IMO it tells you all you need 2 know that in order to get sales, he has 2 squash a beef with someone who absolutly slaughtered him, and come out of retirement himself. Pretty...

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

if your on about jim jones then he aint got one plaque solo as both his albums have sold combined around 500,000 , also dipset went gold on the roc/diplomat but cam'ron only had on plaque before the roc as sde and harlems finest flopped and cam also flopped with killa season

westkoastanostra

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 01:43:43 PM »
or what

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 02:09:07 PM »

so he got $22.5MIL in cash for Rocawear, as well as ownership of a few other entities.  $22.5MIL ain't nothin to fuck with, but you'd think a company that was grossing over $500MIL would net him a bigger check, imo.

There is a huge difference between gross and net profit.

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2006, 03:07:52 PM »
phock di ras claat def jam

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 05:51:18 PM »

so he got $22.5MIL in cash for Rocawear, as well as ownership of a few other entities.  $22.5MIL ain't nothin to fuck with, but you'd think a company that was grossing over $500MIL would net him a bigger check, imo.

There is a huge difference between gross and net profit.

somebody get this guy a cookie.

Narrator

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 06:16:29 PM »

Jim Jones got plaques?  No mention of it on the RIAA site.  Cam only got one plaque before the Roc, for "Confessions of Fire".  "SDE" was a flop, which is why he decided to ditch Epic and head for Def Jam and the Roc.

I ain't gonna dispute Cam's legitimacy as a star (he's got his niche, obviously), but I don't think you can deny that getting with Jay-Z did raise his popularity immensely.  Seriously, were you even listening to him before then?  I know I wasn't.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 07:12:33 PM »

Nigga you craaazzyyy!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2006, 07:23:02 PM »

Jim Jones got plaques?  No mention of it on the RIAA site.  Cam only got one plaque before the Roc, for "Confessions of Fire".  "SDE" was a flop, which is why he decided to ditch Epic and head for Def Jam and the Roc.

I ain't gonna dispute Cam's legitimacy as a star (he's got his niche, obviously), but I don't think you can deny that getting with Jay-Z did raise his popularity immensely.  Seriously, were you even listening to him before then?  I know I wasn't.

Exactly.  Horse & Carriage was a semi-hit.  "What means the World to you"  was pretty dope, but I only saw it on BET a handful of times and never anywhere elese, but SDE wasn't blowin up.  Now when he dropped "Oh Boy" and then followed up with that Commodores sampled song (can't think of the name right now) he officially had some real status.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 07:30:13 PM »

I hope he hasnt but malpractice was a big disappointment for me muddy waters is still his finest album. That said he does have an impressive list of albums I hope this new album does see the light of day though, I know there are a few songs he leaked to the net like the saga continues but I hope those were basically warm up songs because it was ok n all but that song wasn't making any real waves when i heard it.