Author Topic: Cadillac Don & J-Money Prepare Debut Album Release  (Read 57 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Cadillac Don & J-Money Prepare Debut Album Release
« on: October 17, 2006, 12:45:00 AM »
The array of the South's sounds and expressions often have deeper stories than can be heard in the music itself. While the norm often consists of tragic street stories from rappers struggling in the game, Cadillac Don & J-Money are bringing their own brand of tales to their new album, Look At Me. After the success of their first single, "Peanut Butter & Jelly," the debut album from the duo will be in stores on November 7, and the title track "Look At Me" is hitting radio throughout the South.

Look At Me features appearances from Bun B and Paul Wall, as well as newcomers G. Smith, Yung Blaze, M.O.E., April, Squid, Rush and DJ Redd Man. Featured production is done exclusively by Big Fruit of Southern Boy Productions and Clarence Weatherspoon of 35-35 Entertainment. The conceptualization of the album came over a period of time, and was well thought-out by the team. “I often said that being a Black man from Mississippi I would have to make a choice - that is either jail or make something of myself - so I followed my dream," explains Cadillac Don.

Both born in the small town of Crawford, Mississippi, Cadillac Don & J-Money grew up with little money and big dreams. While they were consumed by Hip Hop culture, they focused on their education and went to college with full scholorships in baseball. Regardless, neither pushed to pursue a career in professional sports, and Cadillac Don took a job as a high-school art teacher. Eventually the young men turned to their passion of making music, teamed with producer Big Fruit and 35-35 Entertainment CEO, Clarence Witherspoon, and began working on their debut album. They have made the their lead single "Peanut Butter & Jelly" and second single "Look At Me" available for listening at www.tygereye.net/cdjm

Source: www.yoraps.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com